Anyone else struggle with kickflips? Skateboarding thread

Anyone else struggle with kickflips? Skateboarding thread

I always did when I skated (7+ years ago). Just practice your ollie until it's almost second nature. I don't know how I achieved the kickflip, it just happened out of effort and struggle.

Ollie is ezpz. I get a full flip on every attempt (as you can see from mah shoe) just either dont get my front foot back in time or i dont pop hard enough

Kickflips are fine. Just gotta learn to put your feet back on the board. Use your head first nigga and your body will follow. Skateboarding is 90% mental and 10% physical.

Your body posture is off when you're popping. Make sure you're not leaning over/back, try and keep your shoulders straight and level. It will feel super uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to weight distribution you will be fine.

The hardest part about skateboarding is telling your parents that you are gay.

Try to lean whatever shoulder is on the same side as your flicking foot towards the board as you flip it. I used to have the same problem when I started. You've just gotta train yourself to get your front foot on.

I happen to agree with Tyrone.

you gotta make sure youre sitting on the toilet properly and dont be a bitch on the flick and bring your feet back in, do like 10k squats, youll be able to bust them out nbd.

Ways to get kick flips: 1)kick flip into grass 2) holding onto rails

Tried that throws me WAY off. I can land them ive landed about 20 today. Just only like 2-3 out of every 10

sounds like you're doing fine, just keep at em, the consistency will come

Not really skated in like 10 years.
I did used to really struggle with kickflips though... could switch kickflip and heelflip before I could properly land a decent kickflip!
Me and my mate used to be sponsored by Public Decks in the UK.
Been wanting to get back on it recently to be fair but I'm 30 now and I'm lazy as fuck.

skating again might turn that lazyness around, do it!

anyone seen the new creature video yet?

Yeah. Just looking for pointers before i break my ankle from the ones that spin the wrong way like a shuv. Literally bleeding to land this rn. Lol

no, waiting for the new Revive video

No. But im dying for the revive take over the world. Ive seen bits of carlos' part. Its gon be sick

hard to really give advice without seeing it, but if you're landing a few i think your fine

ayyy, my dude

Try not to open your shoulders to the direction you're going at first, I've been skating for 6 or 7 years and I've noticed that with time my chest faces my boards nose on almost every trick, and while skating switch I keep my shoulders really closed but can still land a few tricks

fuck yeah man, do you know carlos?

Id show if i could tbh. Phones cam is a potato and i have no real way out here to make the recording a webm.

And adding to this. It's all about timing and commitment

Thats what i was thinking. 90% of my landed kickflips my body has been nearly sideways on my board.

keep those shoulders over your bolts

I have 0 issue with that. I practically ride a motorcycle for a living and ive been hit so many times. Skateboarding isnt scary lol. Just difficult. I can ollie a 5 but i cant kickflip. I am a shame.

Skatefags post your boards

you guys coming to the premier?

Ive met him but i dont know him lol. Went to his little meet up thing in san fran.

Man you're talking about shame? As I said I've been skating for like 6 or 7 years but I can't fucking 50-50 a round rail for shit

Would if i could.

I skateboarded when i was 12-15. I was obese, and landed my first kickflip at the end of my freshman year in highschool. Oddly enough, my foot went right through the board.

I'm 24 now and gained back all 70 pounds; thx beer and mental illness

Struggle is the name of the game. Even when you land your first one you still need to do a million to make them look good.

Bruh. I cant even boardslide or kickflip properly. We both a shame.

post more boards

do you ride for revive?

Op here. Not my current. Phones too low on battery to take a pic of the new one. Just imagine this but an 8.5 instead of an 8.

yes sir

what is that board/trucks?

wheels, trucks, ect?

>trucks
ace 44s

>wheels
force 56s

>bearings
ju ju

>grip
jessup

>hardware
software

Left, real deck, 139 indy's,spitfire formula fours with bones reds and grizzly jason griptape. Right, hydroponics deck, 149 indys spitfire formula four and some busted ass spitfire cheapshots, oh and clear grip, riding right as of now

>those south park pants
how do you like the formula 4s?

They are great, in my opinion better than bones stf because you can really feel the beginning and end of a powerslide, and that basically stops you from sliding out like crazy.

sounds solid, i stopped skating spits because of flatspots but i heard they fixed it with those

I've only had one flatspot on one wheel in 3 pairs and that was only because a fucking nail dug in the wheel and ripped a hole, the flatspot didn't last for a day since I was doing powerslides to get rid of it

who's going pro after the video?

Couldn't tell you. If i'm being honest, hopefully me. But if i had to guess i would say John Hill

are you the same Revive dude that did the ama in /asp/?

yeah

You're a faggot for trying to skate in those flimsy ass vans dude. go get some shoes that provide some accuracy in foot movement. I.e.: your foot moves less INSIDE your shoe and thus movements that you make translate more to exactly what you're attempting and life will be easier with respect to tricks, maneuverability, and joint safety

this, once steve van dorin sold vans to vanity fair their shoes went to shit

bumping for more good ol fashion Sup Forums skate talk, i miss these

who are you?

not gunna blow myself up like that. it is possible to figure out though. there's a few dudes from Revive/Force on here from time to time

Boards break
Shoes wear down

11years in
In b4 you quit
I'll beat anyone in skate

skate these dubs

15 years in, lets go

kickflips all about making sure you're bringing your knees up and your flick foot really gets out there.

also to anyone just starting out don't be afraid to commit. meaning dont be scared to make the board to weird shit and still try to land it. not gonna get hurt doing flatground.

suck these satan trips

Wya315 beat u on a off day atleast

>Not gonna get hurt
>try kickflip and get credit carded

this

How do you learn how to film

think about how things are filmed when you watch skate videos, youtube tutorials, skateperception forums, talk to other filmers, trail and error

2 weeks until TOTW

Watch Aaron Kyro with Braille skateboarding on youtube. That's how I learned. You're welcome

ayyyy

If you can't kickflip yet, just buy a scooter.

or mall grab

Lol, now here is a poser. Even if he couldn't kickflip after years of skating a true skater would never tell someone to pick up scootering. They are what's wrong with skateparks

How's middle school faggots?

also the white knuckle mall grab

gr8 b8, the guy fucking your girlfriend must sk8

Don't skateboard. I'm not a raging faggot

Have you come out to your parents yet?

yes i did, i could never land them. i could ollie, nollie and shove it.

Maximum cringe. Never seen anybody over 16 skateboarding so I'm not worried.

Flick it on the way up, not down. And flick forward, not down. And really bend your knees when you jump.

there's flicking, and there's doing a Bruce Lee retard kick.

Just place your front foot at the outer edge of the board, and do an ollie while slightly pressuring the front.

Thats how you do a low kickflip.