What does Sup Forums think of Troma films?

What does Sup Forums think of Troma films?

I don't get the appeal

they are the most potent form of kinographique ćíńémá

The Toxic Avenger is great, there are a few other good Troma movies, most of their library is crap though.

Fuck off Lloyd or whatever unpaid "volunteer/observer" you have working for you atm. This ain't your fucking focus group, friendo.

well to be fair, most of their library aren't original films but movies that were mostly rejected by other studios and bought for a song and then retitled with crazo names to trick people into seeing garbage. the point is, they support independant trash film makers and there are some really solid ones in there, like redneck zombies and cannibal the musical

Watch your mouth, goy! My films are influential on the movie landscape. Did you know Trey and Matt released a film in MY company.? Tarantino came to my office once. btw why won't Cannes give me an award already? I'm still a big deal!

>If Roger Corman had better branding

Literally too disgusting for me to watch, and I grew up in the horror VHS rental section as a child.

The one I do think is underappreciated is 'Combat Shock' 1984.

Highly recommended, it's like a combination of Italian exploitation, David Lynch, and Ingmar Bergman.

That mutant baby gave me chills

From the limited amount of movies of theirs that I've seen Toxic Avenger is the only really worthwhile thing they've produced. It actually has some merit as a film and had effort put into it.

>there was a time when low budget b movie schlock was popular enough to get a cartoon and kids toys

Did you know that Guardians of the Galaxy is a big piece of shit and you should be ashamed for having let Gunn out of the house?

they released dario argento's stendahl syndrome
which might be his last watchable movie

It's punk-rock filmmaking

Much like punk rock, most of it sucks, and it's clearly more fun for the people making it than the people watching it

Toxic Avenger is pretty wonderful and Poultreygeist has it's moments. Other than that, not so much.

Tromeo & Juliet would like a word with you.

Toxic Avenger is fun, and I enjoy Class of Nuke-Em High as an over the top parody of 80's teen movies (and some of the practical and monster effects are quite good by From standards) but the majority of their output is not as funny, clever or as watchable as it should be, like the movies only have a following so you can make yourself think you're part of some cool kids club.

>that scene in Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. where a hooker tries to defend herself from her pimp and Kabukiman just brutally kills them both instead of just handling the pimp for her

Was that fucked or what? Was the message saying hookers deserve to die too?

This is a fairly brilliant way of describing Troma. Did you steal this from someone?

If you are a no name filmmaker who wants someone else to do all of the distribution and advertising for you, they are great. Back in the day Troma was the go to company to get your schlock out there. I had a movie distributed by them and waited 3 fucking years to hear anything back. Mostly everyone who works with them are film school dropouts who are too busy being fucked up and going to cons promoting movies they dont care about. My movie was among the first that Troma distributed on blu-ray far after other shorts I made were shown at festivals. Tromas greatest aspect is how they want anyone and everyone to use their music/movies as public domain for use in their own work.

Yes. And they do.

>that character in Troma's War whose main job was just to give people AIDS and he looked like this

Jesus christ

All of their library is crap, good crap and bad crap

I don't think death, but they certainly aren't innocent angels

they were fun when i was 14. now i couldn't care less about em. kabuki nypd is pretty cool though.

ah, the aids brigade

good stuff