We're In This Together Now has some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard, what the hell was Trent thinking?

We're In This Together Now has some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard, what the hell was Trent thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTnJut4Ho8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g
youtube.com/watch?v=Erm19Kdplz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

every NIN song is xX so dark //__- though

How? I'd say those lyrics are way less "edgy" than your standard NiN's song. They're just vague if anything.

Maybe its just how he sings it, but the chorus sounds like something fucking Lorde would think of

Fucking millenials

Tbh they would probably be better if the instrumentals themselves on We're In This Together Now were better. It's definitely one of the weaker songs on the album but the lyrics are just the right amount of vague, just needed the instrumental composition to help carry it along.

Here we have one of only two NIN songs that contain the word "we". It's also the only NIN song to contain the words "impossible", "beaten", "fate", "flows", "together", "very", "awake", "fingers" (plural), "farther", "beside", "king" and "queen". Can you spot the grammatical error in this song?

ur mom's vagina lol

When you're on the razor's edge of suicide, and stuck in creator hell, you kind of want to push through. So you slap some lyrics, make a Bowie reference and move on.

Yes, you might even say that The Way Out Is Through...

Trent... he's not the best lyricist, but if Hesitation Marks and NTAE are any indication, he's getting better.

*A creator's hell that has lasted for 4 years, much of it wondering just what the fuck were you going to do to top TDS

leave my bastard daughter alone. it's not her fault she's a new zealander.

Is Somewhat Damaged the angriest NIN song?

The Big Come Down
Last
Burning Bright (Field On Fire)

You Know What You Are
Big Man With A Gun
Burn
Hapiness In Slavery
Letting You
The Idea Of You.

I was surprised how pissed of Burning Bright was.

What about the fucking GREAT DESTROOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

That was Trent's autism levels revealing themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTnJut4Ho8Q

The good kind of autism though.

Year Zero in general feels very nerdy album when you think about it, at its heart it is Sci-Fi world which Trent build, featuring all kinds of characters and hands coming down from the skies more so than about politics.

>we have chose

literally ruins the whole song for me, thank god for deviations

>tender lovemaking to keyboard
>"freaks out"

how?

That part of The Great Destroyer is not supposed to be that long. He got crazy and so into it he accidentally kinda extended it.

I think the freak out is in part due to the light show which I sear he does to trigger seizures in the weak to get his kicks.

Now this is best freak out

youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g

Trent loves to induce seizures, all his tours are incredibly flashy, where flashes change position and intensity in matter of mili-second.

Also that Came Back Haunted video.

yeah, no. that "accidental" extension happened several times on that tour

Ah, all right, I'm dumb, I forgot the fact that a lot of tracks live are very different to their studio version.

I dunno, I think it he did it differently, the "noise" part of the song and screwed around?

I don't fucking know, I give up.

Of course you edgelords wouldn't like the one positive song Trent made. You sad sacks of shit, you.

tfw it's Reznor's tribute to the Black Lodge.

Lynch copied and pasted this into season 3

It's not positive though, I mean, there is hope in it, but at its heart We're In This Together is all about desperation, holding on to a person with your own troubles and dragging them down, it is a dangerous attachment which damages you and the person he speaks of, it is not healthy.

>Reznor's tribute
>Lynch copied and pasted this

CBH video was made by Lynch himself you fucking piglets

No, shut the fuck up. Stop reaching, you twit.

Find My Way.
No, You Don't
The Way Out is Through
Burning Bright (Field On Fire)

Noted.

And he somehow did it all while dealing with a lot of personal shit

I know that, I worded it wrong. What I mean is Lynch took inspiration from his own work and brought it with him to the new season.

Have a pig as an apology

tfw Trent never got to make her his Waifu

I'm not reaching you twaat, let Trent do the talking.

>"When I wrote that song it was one of the last songs for the record. I like the obviousness of the track but I was fearful of the obviousness of the track and in a record that I think is pretty dense and somewhat challenging to get through, I didn't want a song that was too obviously the hit single. Of all the tracks on that album I think that was the hardest to arrange and mix, because if it was mixed poorly, it sounded too obvious in the context of the record, and at this point we were very aware of the context of the record. So what I learned from the process of doing that was the vocal track I would have thrown out that was out of tune and my voice was breaking up was the one that I needed to use, because it added a desperation that made the whole mood of the song feel right.

>"When I came to do the video for it I tried to make the song uglier than it would have been if you just heard it and the idea of a tragedy or situation where everything is happening too fast, you're not aware of where you're at until it's too late and you might be caught up in something you're not sure about but you're blindly embracing this comfort of security, that was the global idea for that."

/MUUUUUUU/ AND ME
WERE IN THIS TOGETHER NOW

hey piggy

>Trent predicts thousands of military aged male refugees running for presumably a safe haven: The music video.

STEP RIGHT UP.

10 Miles High

I was just memeing, no need for apology

t-thanks, y-you too, though

that's no positive song.
>Find My Way
is more desperate and regretfull.
>No, You Don't
Too spiteful to be positive, it is pretty empowering though

Helo Monson tiem to get out of bed.

fuck off tront

MARCH