A scientific question Sup Forums

A scientific question Sup Forums,

What is the toughest material known to man? I know diamond is highly resistant to scratching, but it is easily crushable with the strike of a hammer.

Is there a material in this word that simply won't break, despite hitting it with a hammer or trying to cut it with a saw? A material that is uncuttable, and uncrushable.

Iridium.

My cock.

Balloon covered in chain mail.

>can't crush it with a hammer, it's a fucking rubber balloon
>can't cut it, it's wearing chainmail

Andy sixxs log of shit

they should make condoms outa that shit

I am the toughest material known to man.
I insult you stupid fucks on this board every time I get the chance
I don't bother looking to see if you responded.
I already know the best you ever do is boring and unoriginal
fucking loser inbred trash

custard

have you ever punched a bowl of custard
you can forget cutting it

Berillium tungsten alloy.
Qualiativly the most indestructable.

My love for that moth is stronger than diamonds. What a cutie w

donald trumps wog

Platinum alloyed with 10 percent rhodium is so hard that it cannot be physically machined by any method currently available to us.

your mum

a niggers ego

Theres some shit with carbon molocules arranged in hex or octo.
I forget.
A sheet one atom thick can hold pounds of weight or something.
Its hard to make but it conducts electricity and could revolutionize all kinds of things. Im too drunk to look it up

God forbid anyone carry a needle around.

what about neutronium?

nanotubes or graphine something like that

sounds like graphene.

Graphine

Came in here to say this. A carbon fiber that's lighter than aluminum, and Stepney than steel. Right now it can't be produced on a scale to make it a viable building material, but the technology will get better in the next decade and you'll probably be seeing it used on space crafts and such.

>Stepny
Fuck my phone...
>stronger*

That

a stainless steel girder.

you try putting a dent into one of them with a hammer. as for cutting it with a saw, fuck that

titanium platnum alloy infused with diamond graphine. wrapped in tungston iridium chain mail

True. True. But you need negative one twelfe devided by zero heptonioum.

how do I become so internet tough?

i was able to deduce the requirements for my patented material by deviding the total density of diamond graphine by the subatomic photon i7 of the platnum isatope 34b. thus eliminating the need for heptonium. it would weaken the bonds of the ferro-electric ions not strengthem them

Donald Trump's ego.

This is serious bismuth

materialsciencefags

>have you ever punched a bowl of custard
Oddly enough no

Adamantium.

Only the Hulk and like 3 other people can even bend it. It has to be cast because it can't be machined.

water

top kek

graphene, not graphine. big difference

Q-carbon

The answer is located in what you've already mentioned.

There is no general 'strongest' material.

It's a ballet between toughness and hardness, to simplify it.

Something that's hard (tough to dent) will be brittle, and the opposite. The ideal material is dependent on the utility you are using it for.

Sorry, there is no singular answer.

we insult ourselves by coming here in the first place.

mush cannot be broken down
cannot be built
cannot be destroyed
mush is mush

then how do we know it exists if it cant melt steel beams?

this. only method of true destruction would be subatomic dissassembly

adamantium, you silly fuck. So hard

just a fluid state nigga

>does not believe

wow the metalhead from shop class finally took too much rubber glue.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT ME YOU SILLY CUNT. MY NAME IS FUCK YOU AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I TRAINED AS A NAVY SEAL AND I PASSED SHOP CLASS WITH AN A+ ALL 4 YEARS.

i could be wrong, but i believe the answer is no

Every solid matter can be formed and shaped under some kind of physical stress

in order to exist, your hypothetical substance would become completely set in its size and shape the very moment it forms on a molecular level, and that's how it would be for eternity

Everything in this universe can be broken down with some level applications. From dust we came, to dust we return.

I don't understand why she has the adamantium skeleton already.

I don't think you can pass a surgical procedure to your children by genetics.

she should have the bone claws as she's never had the adamantium procedure done on her.

I was just saying she makes me hard. I don't ponder made up comic books

I don't care about WHY you posted it.

I'd like to know why the producers of the movie made her have an adamantium skeleton, when clearly she shouldn't

Chinesium

huh, she wasnt taught to keep her wrists strait with blades out...

well this kinda fucks it all up for m

>My cock.
Sledge hammer to cock live stream NOW

What are you a druggie?

it melts

>Stepny
Nigger much?

She's a lab experiment. Who knows what they did? That's the beauty of comic books, just pull shit out of your ass and throw it in there.

i thought in the movie she had the bonding procedure done? pretty sure that was in there

also his son (James Hudson) had metal grow over his bone claws shortly after his mutant ability kicked in and bone claws popped out. it was compared to colossus ability

if I remember right the metal isn't said to be adamantium, or at least not the normal kind

also to be fair logan has regrown a full leg after being ripped off by the hulk, and it was coated in adamantium

cant believe nobody's posted this yet

Its called fulerene or c60 and its a special structure made out of carbon atoms

Iridium is very hard but brittle so it would be crushed by a hammer

>What is the toughest material known to man?
Autism.

Seriously. Hit it with a hammer; more autism. Use logic against it; more autism. You can't stab autism, you can't drill into it. Heat only excites the sperg potential. Autism can even keep a shadow of a man alive for years after all hope at human comfort withers and dies within.

You are everything wrong with Sup Forums.

I'm guessing you're... What, 14?

OP already posted about diamond you nut.

Carbon nanotubes?

OP's nanodick

op didn't ask for the most fragile element

Smuckers Uncrustables?

omg, could you imagine
>me and my girl in bed getting ready for sexy time
>we are kissing like crazy for like 5 min
>after a while of forplay we are both ready
>i put on my chain mail and rubber condom, it jingles like crazy and weighs my dick down a ton
>we assume the position
>i push with all my might
>the chain mail's sharp edges tear her vaginal walls to shit
>blood everywhere
>she is screaming and after some blood loss starts slipping in and out of consciousness
>feels good man

Steel beams

jet fuel

MY DICK

The alloy made up of Vibranium and Proto-adamantium is the most indestructable metal.
It's what Cap's shield is made of.

Glass Titanium Alloy

Tungsten

The crust of a neutron star

is liquid you moron

I verbally chuckled

>Planet sized atom is liquid

teeth of a certain sea slug (or maybe its a lamprey)

iron diamond travelling at 400 cars per wall

well there's no perfect material.

in engeering you differntiate between
-hardness
-tenacity
-ductility
-elasticity

stainless steel for example is very ductile and tenacid bot not as hard as tool steel.
tool steel trades it's elasticity for hardness.
diamond is hardest but therfore very recalcitrant,
cast iron has its advantages but is also very recalcitrant.

but since you asked what material is hardest to CUT and CRUSH i say high alloyed stainless steel. with lots of chrome and vanadium. some molybdanium.

neutron stars are not a single atom.

Helium.

It's never solid even at absolute zero unless you apply a huge amount of pressure. Hence it can't be crushed or cut. You can disassemble it on an atomic or subatomic level but even then you would get alpha radiation which is rather destructive at small distances.

nokia 3310

Put shit in electrolyzer and its done for nigga

THIS

your missin out bruv. only 17p a packet in the supermarket

They have the same density as an atomic nucleas, which is why they have 10 times the sun's mass crammed into a space the size of a city.

Go back to school

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known to man.

Supposedly a solid helium compound was recently synthesized in a laser heated diamond anvil. Took gigaPascals of pressure to make.

yes but there's different layers of material and not all is pure neutrons. the outer shell is iron.

The core of a black hole probably. No matter what you toss at it you wont do shit. The density is above anything and tossing an even bigger black hole at it would end up in them fusing together and getting even stronger. Anything you toss at it would make it grow. And the only thing that can hurt a black hole is time, millions of years if not longer, where they slowly evaporate due to hawking radiation. The only question is... is it still to be considered a material? I say yes.

You're thinking of pulsars exceeding 10^7 kelvin

>Everything in the universe
Because you've been there

Carbon nano tubes?