How do you stop thinking of an ex, Sup Forums...

How do you stop thinking of an ex, Sup Forums? Its been two and a half months and I'm practically obsessing over them at this point and we haven't been talking for over a week because they still felt like they were in a relationship with me even though we didn't talk much to begin with since they wanted to break up and have space to find themselves. I fought out of the depression once but its just coming back again, and the fact we may or not get back together eats at me all the time.

Get on top of another girl.

I really don't want to get with anyone else I don't want pointless sex, I've only been with my ex and enjoy it that way. They haven't been seeking out anyone else they literally just wanna work on themselves

Bump

>Its been two and a half months
Bruh.
It's been 4 years for me.

Them?

You stop thinking about them, you don't chech their facebook, think about them while jerking off, check insta or anything.

You can even unfollow them if its a problem. Then you do new things, go to the gym and talk to new girls.

You obsess over them because you are bored and lonely so stop being bored and lonely.

Lift, my brother. Lift.

Same brotha. Same.

Every time I pick something up I just get depressed to the point of not doing anything, I was going to the gym daily but I just don't feel like going anymore and everything else feels so bland

In a similar situation. Had the pointless sex, got the new hobby, and started working out more. Only thing I've notice that's helped is time. Take the time you were together, divide it in half, and if you still miss her longer than that, go on vacation. Move. Get out.

Thats my plan at least.

Gonna take a lot longer mate. My ex and I started dating about a year ago, broke up in June of last year. Still think about that cunt way too often

"Work on myself" is code for "get slammed by dicks"

Why are asking for advice if you know damn well you aren't gonna do shit. Are you trying to compare how lame you are to others? Just fucking get a hobby and excel at it, do something other then be a little self pitting bitch. That's probably why she left you cause you lack structure and excitement.

You still think about someone who you dated for 1 month a year ago? What the fuck? This website is the perfect place for you you human failure

Nah man, they genuinely are working on themselves they have been getting medical help after they kept getting awful anxiety attacks and they get jealous when I talk to knew women so I know they care about me still

Lmao going to the gym 15 times in a row is not "daily". Actually commit to something you broken child of a man.

My first break up was like this. Dated for about a year-and-a-half and then fucked around physically and emotionally for another year. My advice is just to drop it. I remember it being so hard to let this one go because I was literally losing my best friend and that was so tough to do....in the end though you just got to move on. The sooner you can do that the sooner you can start to have a better life. I promise it does get better but in this case for me it took maybe two years or so. It's been 10 years now and I've had two other significant relationships that brought their own heartbreak but that's just the name of the game. Go to the gym go traveling if you can all that stereotypical shit everyone does...it is cliche but it works. You just got to realize that life is too short to be hung up on some girl or guy and chances are this won't be the first time you get your heartbroken.

I want to do something about it but I feel powerless on my own so I'm trying to get advice from people going through the same thing. Should I just keep waiting for the chance to get back with her or should I just deal with the heartbreak and try to let it all go and move on? She impacted my life so greatly and I want it to work but if she just keeps doing whatever and ghosting when she wants it really doesn't feel worth but I still feel like I should try. I'll admit she was basically my life for three years so I lost myself and things to enjoy so now I have a hard time doing anything even with friends and enjoying it.

Why do you know this? Do you still talk to this person? Why the fuck do you know she gets jealous when you talk to new people. You should have zero contact with an ex you want to get over.

Kek

We were talking daily for a while but it was mostly when she wanted to, I mentioned the girl to see what she would do and she got mad for 3 days and barely said anything, and I made it a point to not answer her when I was with the girl so she knew what it was like when she doesn't answer me. Me being weak still was there for her during her episodes and what came after that and she was really sweet to me and got a bit more open but then just pulled and "wanted a break from her phone" which I believe just means not talking to me

Go to a doctor asap and take pills. they have better anti depressants for specific mood change cause it sounds like your medically depressed buddy. Just a simple check up might help. Let the doctor know specifically how you feel and they will get you sorted out and put you on a regimen for a year or so to get your life back in your hands.

I can't afford to pay for my membership at the current time my last job fucked me over after I was in the hospital for about a week so I quit and I just got another job now but paying for insurance debt and bills drained all I had

This is pathetic bro. You got to realize that a girl going out and getting dicked it's just part of life. That doesn't mean that she never had feelings for you in the first place but once a relationship is over females move on.

I've been on anti depressants for a month and this last week feels like I'm not even on them anymore, like I said i feel pretty obsessive at this point over it and I am probably doing it to myself but I feel almost where I was before the hospital trip that led to the medication. I just got them bumped up another 100mg but it can only do so much before I'm a zombie or upset again

In theory sadness should only last no more then a weak and your brain should sort everything out and get you back to normal, but if it's longer then that like you said "months" then you begin to develop depression and slowly you expose your mind to useless thoughts and keep it from recovering

Assuming she is going out and getting dicked is something that's been depressing me but I don't want to keep assuming it if there isn't any proof

I don't agree with this. Depression caused by relationships ending shouldn't be treated with medicine. You could just got to start looking at this more realistically it's going to take a long time it's not a race it's a marathon sort of deal. But I promise there will be a time when you look back on this and laugh and probably even a time when you look back and are feeling the same way about somebody else.

Ask for something else, seems like it's not working and causing obsessive behaviors

I was diagnosed as bi-polar depressed, so my depression isn't something I can just get over I was trying for years until I caved and got medicated because I was about to kill myself but I still wanted to live so I wound up trying to get help

OP, look, just break your leg and get prescribed opioids for the pain and get high

Complete waste of time OP

Fine maybe she isn't but 9 times Outta 10 my brother.... and yes that might be depressing but if you look at things realistically it will save you a lot of Heartache in the long run.

To all the guys in this thread almost nothing good can come from getting back with an ex. Even when you get back together things are not the same. If you just 100% absolutely cannot move on then make a move until them but if that doesn't work then you need move on and not look back. Don't keep contact don't even be Facebook friends you have to accept that that part of your life is over.

It was good for a while when but once she withdrew from my life i started getting upset again, it really bothers the fuck out of me she says she loves me and wants me in my life but wants to have a shit ton of sudden space to stop feeling like we are dating which was bull because we barely hung out and wound up talking less through the two months

Are OP? If so that changes things.....but if you are just a random user who is bipolar and depressed.... you can't really recommend antidepressants to someone who is not. It's a different set of challenges.

She won't ever give me a straight answer about getting back together or our future and I told her to just say it won't happen so I can accept it and move on but she won't yet she doesn't make any effort to try to stay happy together. Her working on herself for the first two months was pretty much getting high and drunk every night to ignore it which is dumb, mostly all she has done is pretty much ignore it and bottles up the pain of it all. On our three year three days ago she talked to me a little and said she thought about me a lot and all that but that's when she mentioned she still felt like my girlfriend and was getting space which isn't something exactly pointing to wanting a future but she hasn't told me it won't happen and I don't get why she just won't if she isn't thinking about trying

This is bait son

Yeah that was me man, I've been taking syraquil for a month now at 300mg but just asked to go to 400mg and they are thinking about anxiety meds now for me to take

What's bait about it?

Abort mission bro.... Honestly though from what I've read here you have no chance anyway.... you sound like a pathetic little betta faggot...and you will you will forever be stuck in this perpetual cycle of beta orbiting these 3/10s you so long for. Get used to it.

Ever try kratom for anxiety and depression? It can be addictive in its own right but i dont think it dangerous at all..im a recovering alcoholic of 2 years now and i feel i owe a lot of my success to kratom. Google it .

Right now I have to work on myself to look and feel better and to seem more appealing to her again, I'm depressed bro I'm not a beta I don't have a problem with women I have a problem with one woman who happens to mean a lot to me, in trying to better myself but sometimes I really would just rather kill myself which you may see as weak and pathetic but I'm genuinely hurt man. I appreciate you trying to be manly with me but I'm trying to set up my life and I'm just looking for some advice or support, we are all human

No I havent, but from what I skimmed it lasts about 5-7 hours unless in higher dosage and I would more then likely abuse it if it gives off a good high, and the side effects from it said you can crave to take more of it and I just want something to last me 12 hours from 7am-7pm so when I sleep to get up for work I won't de with the come down, generally by 7-8 I feel like my medicine stops working completely and I take it really late into the night and sleep in

Look dude I'm 30 years old. Lost my virginity to my girlfriend when I was 19 and we dated for 2 years. That relationship took me over 2 years to get over. I had one more really meaningful relationship in my mid-twenties and now I live with my girlfriend of a year and a half and I'd like to marry her in the future. 2 major heartbreaks have gotten me where I am today. I've also had flings and one night stands with more women than I can count and while I do think there can be some healing that comes from that.... that road can also leave you feeling broken and empty. My point is I know what it's like to care a lot about a person that no longer cares about you.... and I'm telling you the only thing to do is to let It go. That stupid fucking passenger song actually hit it right on the money. I also know that you can even find some comfort wallowing in your past like it almost gives you a little taste of what it was like to be with that person....but thats not healthy to do either and only prolongs the inevitable. Im telling you though.... in the not-so-distant future this girl will just be a memory,hopefully a pleasant one, of a girl you used to know that got you one step closer to the real love of your life. Its up to you if you want to wallow in self misery or start making some concrete steps to moving up and onward.

Thank you user, you do have a point I can't deny that, I do figure I hurt myself by not letting go. I connected with her in a way I never did with anyone she was my friend since we were young, but thinking about it I messed up and lost sight of anything important. How did you let it go to the point you didn't think about it? Was it all the women or was it time? I appreciate your time too man thank you

A combination of both buddy. But time is the number one Healer which sucks because you just have to sit there and wait for it to happen to you. Getting with girls kinda helps only as an ego boost.... that is until you find one that is worth more than a one-night stand.... I think you can speed up time though by cutting that person out of your life.... I had it real bad for my first girlfriend when I was 19 man....it didnt help that she reciprocated the feelings sometimes and we would still sleep together occasionally. I even wrote a song about her and how I couldn't move on and played it for her hoping I could like win her back or something....i cringe thinking about it now haha. Heres a verse haha " I know it seems useless but it helps me somehow, reeling in the memories it helps to calm me down, when will I be whole again it's going to take some time.... how can I not spend my days Wishing You Were Mine...."

I laugh now but i was literally crying when i wrote that.

It takes a while but i feel like it starts to heal at an exponential rate.... hope one day you really will wake up and that awful weight on your chest or feeling in the pit of your stomach, whatever it is, ...will be gone

I won't lie, I wrote her a song too but it was mostly how she made me happy and how until the end of time I'll always see her as divine. I don't know how you managed to hook up with any girls man I'm so stuck on the fact she is faithful to me and I would feel awful by getting with anyone else if she does genuinely stay true to me which I feel like I can't trust anymore. We would still sleep together and act close too but like you said it wasnt frequent which I should have just avoided all together. If you really think moving on is the answer I'm going to try based off your experience it's just that question of when she is going to be ready that kills me. But thank you again user, I'm really tired of being a mess all the time. I'm glad things worked out for you in time it gives me hope I'll get to walk the same path

Good luck to you man. I could be wrong but I think life is too short to wait on someone that doesn't want to be with you... and I think that even if you did get back together things wouldn't be the same.... that doesn't mean that you need to hate her or that your time was wasted or it didn't mean anything.... your relationships shape Who You Are and make you better prepared for when the right one comes along.... anyway on a more positive note we are all going to die one day.... no sense in wasting your time here on earth being sad.

Also check out agnes by glass animals...preferrably with headphones... it's a really uplifting song to me even though it's about a sad girl who just can't seem to shake her demons