When will the meme of poptimism finally die?

When will the meme of poptimism finally die?

There is literally nothing wrong with poptimism. Please go back to RYM.

Daily reminder that Taylor is a 6/10 without bangs

>TalentlessHick.jpg
I think you meant to post this pic, OP.

who is she pointing at?

So are Lavren and Carly, other obnoxious Sup Forums-waifus

Yes there is. If you want to discuss pop music you can go to reddit.

the titties that flew off of her chest,leaving her a flat monster

I think poptimism could actually pay off.

That is first of all if we agree on the definition.

What is poptimism?

I think poptimism is someone who listens to more underground and purportedly artistically serious music but appreciates and even enjoy pop music like Taylor Swift etc.

Now lets see, what could someone who is deeply involved in this do to maybe make some money?

>So are Lavren
Wrong.

the original definition of poptimism is that pop music deserves to be treated just as seriously as rock music by music journalists. nowadays the meaning is a little different. it's basically that popular music that has no interest in artistic merit is just as authentic as popular that does try to have artistic merit. the original poptimist imo is christgau. but even he doesn't go as far as popular music critics today, with poptimism being the prevailing style since at least the 00s. i personally think poptimism is a cancer because it's use as a crutch to deflect criticism, it's dependency on trends, and ironically it's dismissive nature and use of "rockist" dialogue with a fresh coat of paint.

>as a crutch to deflect criticism
I don't think that's true at least for myself. It's just fundamentally based on the idea that literally every genre is valid. And they are.

i think that original sentiment was that all genres are valid. at least as a statement. but, for example, if people criticize pop albums for not being good, they're normally called rockists. i feel like it also affects small music communities, like this board where we have threads upon threads of katty perry shit daily because people know it pisses off the average music fan here. but if you dismiss it as a bland product, you're rockist. and back to that "rockist dialogue" i mentioned earlier, her attempt at make "pop with a purpose" is just what poptimists were criticizing rockists for. but because of poptimism, her songs and album are treated like they have more weight then they actually do.

ewww

I like music, even if it's pop.

fuck off

Never.

Poptimism is here to stay and Indiefags can go cry about it on Reddit.

No, what about you fuck off with your pretentious bullshit.