ITT: Times the critics were wrong

ITT: Times the critics were wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MxZ5VQVHMoc
youtube.com/watch?v=5SYLWfmHEvA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=MxZ5VQVHMoc

this is one of the best scenes I've watched in a while

I liked the movie, but Richie is just not the same without the Bongland accents, characters and London.

I just watched this with my girlfriend. It's pretty good, I dunno why it got shit on. But I dig Guy Ritchie movies so yeah.

I was set aside by it's 56% on metacritic. It doesn't do anything great but it's still a very competent and fun spy movie

That's right.

Not as kino as Man of Steel, but not 28%

Did it make a profit? Hope so because I'd like to see another one

>56% on metacritic. It doesn't do anything great but it's still a very competent and fun spy movie

Meanwhile capeshit CW gets 90% on RT and 75% on meta. Ratings are worthless

I dig spy movies and stuff set in the 60's and 70's so it was comfy for me.

The reviews I heard kept me away too but it wasn't offensive at it. Pretty fun, at least to watch with someone.

>Did it make a profit?

What does your heart tell you?

Heart says yes but realistically i dont think it did

>Budget $75 million
>Box office $109.8 million
it did ok

No idea what the critics thought of the movie. But it's fucking shit. Guy Ritchie is a hack that made the same movie twice and got lucky.

Only made like $109 million on a $75 million budget. Guaranteed to have been a write off for Warner

this movie was literal husbando and waifu: the flick

Accounting for advertisement and the theater split it probably lost like $50 million

>from the director of hancuck

no thx

I liked Husbando and Waifu adventures

I dont think shes that much of a looker in real life. Why is she so dark?

why were there so many big budget spy movies last year?
>that one teen comedy one with the chav
>the one with the game of thrones guy that was based on a british tv show
>Mission impossible 5
>james bond
>uncle
>SPY with the obese woman
>bridge of spies

I think there were a couple more I forgot about. Why did every major studio and a small one release a spy movie last year? too bad bourne got pushed back when it was in pre-prod

is that fucking rihanna?

I love this movie. It's a steaming pile of shit, but it's easily the best time I've ever had at the cinema

Are you new?

yes

Best of the flood of spy movies last year.
Really surprised me. Everyone is great in it and it had a god tier soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=5SYLWfmHEvA

I'd rather see a sequel to it over yet another Sherlock Holmes.

>Iceman, chad and a popstar recruit veterans to commandeer a mothballed WW2 destroyer and blow up aliens
It just writes itself

was great desu, I hope there is a sequel

henry cavill would make an excellent james bond

Would you sniff them?

I have a tall girl fetish and I love everything about her

Is that a yes?

I believe so. Not even a footfag btw

its a chris pine and tom hardy attempt to seduce a grandmother as part of an elaborate bet episode

literally who?

Worship them, user.

okay i need to watch this now

Probably my favourite movie of last year. Perfect casting and sure it's a play by play spy movie but y'know, it was just so effortlessly cool and enjoyable in a manner that very few modern movies can aspire to.

This goddamn scene. Based Richie.

what?

Fuck I didn't get trough the movie because I was bored and miss that scene, I guess it wasn't that bad

shit

It was just another B-western back when it was published.

>"temptation is hereby proved irresistible to call The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, now playing citywide, The Bad, The Dull, and the Interminable, only because it is."
>t. Charles Champlin

It would be hilarious is review aggregates like metacritic and rotten tomatoes would go trough old newspaper archives for reviews of movies now universally considered masterpieces.

Is that a Battle Droid reference. I laughed out loud.

does that confirm BvS and Suicide Squad as future kino?

>shit

Boondock saints > pulp fiction

Probably referring to the gamestop meme, but it also works as a battle droid joke.

>does that confirm BvS and Suicide Squad as future kino?

No. What matters is how those are seen in few years. That remains to be seen.

*Tips fedora*

yes future kino you spasticated retard

I liked this movie. It was like the closest thing to a live-action Archer.

so true. I was pretty fucking bored with CW. I think a lot of people and groups exist in there own bubble. People just repeat that something is good or bad and it becomes a feedback loop. I only watched CW after people kept telling me how good it was only to come away disappointed.

>BvS
It was dumb and weird and directed by Zack Snyder. It may not be 28% bad but capeshitkino deserves no mercy so I'm okay with this.

solid movie

Thank you for this I'm shite at editing, what program do you use if you made this?

>nothing says alpha more than banging a super tall evil mastermind slut and then blowing her up using a ballistic missile

I didn't make it.

Shucks.

She was /fa/ as fuck that whole movie, and even though she clearly cheated on her husband she was fucking pissed when Solo started bragging about killing her husband.

Is this what "looking down on someone" means?

Shut up, you know everyone here either likes feet, traps or cartoon

dont for get armpits

Too similar to Pirates for critics to like it.
Too different from Pirates for fanboys to like it.
It's better than all Pirates excluding Black Pearl.

cinemas get 50% of the profit, idiot.

Hows that? Legitimately curious, I love bad action movies and I'm wondering if I missed something.

>I'd rather see a sequel to it over yet another Sherlock Holmes.

I totally agree. Shame we can't get more Debicki though... She was stunningly gorgeous in that movie. I looked upon my own standards of beauty and wept upon realizing what a pleb I had been.

I think the critics are definitely way too harsh on this movie for sure. Still, I'm not delusional DC drone either, it was an incredibly flawed movie with a fuuuuuckload of issues.

Yep, it was excellent. Great mix of action and humour and the editing was fantastic. I think it's my go-to example of a fun movie that isn't "turn your brain off" tier.

I agree, it wasn't great, but not exceptionally bad by a long shot. Just a typical dumb action movie. I think critics just saw it as an easy target.

Bad acting, shitty side plots, filler, overall retarded storyline. But it goes so far into being terrible it comes back around. I watched it with a couple of my friends at the cinema, and we were laughing our asses off throughout the whole movie.

By the time Thunderstruck kicked in during the third act, I was in tears from laughing so much

I think you're right. DC/WB has kind of made themselves look like fools with BvS (Which I actually like a little after seeing the directors cut) because they over-reached and crammed all of their hero-reveals into their SECOND movie of their "expanded universe".

I guess they were asking for it, and those fucking reshoots didn't help. When I heard about them, I knew Suicide Squad would probably take a dump.

I'm having the same suspicions about Rogue One due to it's reshoots.

that fucking musical montage was pure schlockkino

Disney has the resources to make something from rogue one, they literally dumped edwards and have reshot up to 60% of the movie

that will most likely ended up like world war z