What are essential dystopian films Sup Forums?

What are essential dystopian films Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JauDtDthLh0
youtube.com/watch?v=5hHllZPS7cA
youtube.com/watch?v=D9gYhnUKehU
youtube.com/watch?v=M2SuiGJAEoE
youtube.com/watch?v=vPlT2uKruwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you will never live in China
thank fucking god

Children of Men
Elysium
District 9
Gattaca
The Zero Theorem
12 Monkeys

V for Vendetta if you want it to be edgy too.

Brazil
Bladerunner
Matrix

Clockwork Orange

your life

>essential

Dark City

Pls don't read about it though, the less you know the better.

>Elysium
definitely not
>District 9
maybe
>Gattaca
no?

anyways my humble submission is equilibrium

A Clockwork Orange
Her
The Lobster

Her isn't a dystopian movie

youtube.com/watch?v=JauDtDthLh0

V for vendetta was cringey as fuck, did not translate well into film

yes it is

They all kill themselves at the end, first the AI, then the protagonists, how is it not dystopian?

But it's just like my cyberpunk genre fictions.

>lol environmental and safety regulations are stupid

I can't believe I used to think this

I didn't cringe at the family/community scenes because I was aware this wasn't supposed to be grimdarkcore.

these scenes were kino

youtube.com/watch?v=5hHllZPS7cA
youtube.com/watch?v=D9gYhnUKehU
youtube.com/watch?v=M2SuiGJAEoE
youtube.com/watch?v=vPlT2uKruwM

these niggaz ded?

>plebians actually believe this

What the hell is even happening here? The escalator steps collapse or something?

Well, everything with V in it was painful to watch. He's a comic book character in a movie world and it shows

>Gattaca is not essential dystpian film

>but Kurt Wimmer's edgy nothing personell kid 1984 with guns piece of shit is

top pleb

Just think how much poison we all take using Chinese T-shirts, mouse pads etc.

yes

the escalators are made incredibly cheaply in China with no standards so they collapse all the time.

Those two ladies are hired to stand at the top of the escalator and "help" anyone who falls in

no they're fine

Far as I can make out, the guy is carrying that massive stickie and as the escalator rises it gets caught between the escalator and the ceiling, pushing down and making the escalator step flip over. He just falls into the hole. Crazy thing is if he climbed one step he'd be ok.

>Those two ladies are hired to stand at the top of the escalator and "help" anyone who falls in
wtf? no, I mean WTF?

the lead poisoning is worth it goy, after all everything is so much cheaper!!!

It's cheaper than just building the escalators right.

That one is fucking unsettling.

>oh ok, guy just fell asleep at the wheel, shit happens
>wait what
>right now the driver's fucked, that guy is going to-
>you gotta be-
>oh no
>oh no
>no no no

That behavior's simply subhuman.

also smart people always test the top of the escalator to make sure it won't collapse

Fucking kek
I'll have to remember this if I ever go to that shithole for whatever reason

you also might want to avoid any city with an industrial plant (which they all have) because htey tend to blow up

a lot

haha, those zany Chinks and their disregard for individiual life

THANKS EASTERN RELIGIONS

Oh also don't walk on any pavement

>all cultures are equal

looks almost like a tactical nuke

and the elevators obviously

This makes Victorian Britain look compassionate by comparison

well I think it was some chemical plant or something

why not just have stairs?

Thanks Sup Forums for discouraging me from ever going to China... or letting anyone I know go to China. Ever.

Fuck me, from that angle it looks like one of those explosion in Akira. Reverse, brother!

well the stairs would probably still collapse, but you might have a better chance of survival

it may be polluted and dangerous, but hey at least it's cheap

You can't just post something like this without explaining what the hell is going on

Black jacket dude on the right just gets fucking torpedoed by the dude sitting across, holy kek

An industrial explosion happened and everyone on the bus got knocked back by the shockwave

These fucking monsters basically spend 10 seconds watching instead of saving the person.

So not only is it a fucking dangerous shithole but people don't even help you if you're dying.

life doesn't matter much in East or South Asia

For one there are so many people, no one really cares if you live or die so safety and a good standard of living are luxury items.

Chinese are souless husks anyway, it don't matter.

I hope they're alright.

in fact the population is so high in asia that people seem to actively try to kill each other to prevent a Malthusian population crisis.

>regulations are bad and if you want them you're a commie!

I can't beleive this, it's like some final destination thing going on

You're the best, user, this is a better pick me up than coffee

Total Recall (original, remake is meh)
Starship Troopers
They Live
Demolition Man
Dredd
The Fifth Element
Escape from NY/LA
Waterworld

Blade Runner
Alphaville
The Zero Theroem
Brazil
Children of Men
Minority Report
Deathly Hallows Part
The Circle (2016)
A Clockwork Orange

Subtle
Eyes Wide Shut

> tfw she saved her kid
What a good momma bear. RIP

Kay I've seen enough violent death for the rest of my life in the one thread. That was beyond awful to see by the way.

Quitting Sup Forums now, out.

Part 1*

bye reddit

Try reddit, summerfag. Probably more your tempo.

meanwhile the country run by a communist party has no safety regulations

how ironic

Should have jumped/dove

Meh, Infinity SUV drivers are assholes pretty much world over. It's the premium new money trash/slavic prostitute car.

>implying you need safety regulations for cycling
retard

I don't think god of death has to try very hard to kill people in China

it must be bored

Can asians not fucking drive or something, he could've clearly avoided that dude like fuck

Unbelievable

more chinky webms please

I have always considered there to be something soulless about Asians. This thread really explains that gut feeling that they're not like us at all.

that specific webm is more about that fact that in China if you hit someone with a car it actually costs more if they live, so most people try and make sure the guy they hit dies.

a dystopia is about more than just a couple of people having a bad time

thought that was a time lapse since it suddenly went from night to day

I think in Her it became dystopian by the elimination of cars, everyone relying on public transport. that is plentiful frightening a future for me

Chinks are cruel. I guess the universe balances this by treating them no different.

They're none of 'em "essential", OP. Be free.

>implying we don't have regulation for cyclists.

fucking savage

>Those two ladies are hired to stand at the top of the escalator and "help" anyone who falls in

you should probably stop getting all your information from rekt threads in Sup Forums you retarded fucking shit

post that webm of the guy randomly kicking a little toddler to death in the street as people walk by ignoring it

these people need to be culled

this kills the fish

at least cut through its brain first assholes

Robocop, Akira

>Gattaca
>no?
>suggests equilibrium
I enjoyed equilibrium, but Gattaca is far better.

the only comforting me about this is the thought that most of the people in this webm probably died on their way home

>everyone relying on public transport. that is plentiful frightening a future for me

Not me. There'd be a lot of cruel enjoyment to be had from seeing all the fat turds and their obese kids have to struggle and struggle until their condition improved.

city-dwelling degenerate spotted

feelsbadman

rip mr fish :(

i'm convinced gooks are connected to some sort of hivemind

>no one has posted that clip of 4 people pushing a high, metal scaffolding without realizing that there are power lines running above them

Upon seeing it for the first time it took me a few seconds to realize what was going on.

that shitty grainy video really isnt as bad as a whale shark getting cut into piece alive, or a little kid getting beaten the shit out of

>this is the next superpower

>this is what happens when you dont hire UK based companies to design and and project manage buildings

>animal lives matter more than human lives
>reacting with "compassion" to animal cruelty clips when human cruelty clips are posted

Wow, you're so edgy and tough.