Star Trek

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. I'm watching Voyager for the first time now and it's not as good as DS9 but it's more or less the same quality.

I just watched the episode The Thaw and it was fucking fantastic. I'm watching the Tuvix episode now and it's fantastic in 'this is hilarious and retarded' way.

Voyager thread

Your opinion is hilarious and retarded

HONKA HONKA

Just finished the Tuvix episode. I don't think anyone can tell me Picard wouldn't have done the exact same thing as Janeway did.

then rewatch tng and think again

He would've found another way

Voyager gets unfairly criticized because of a few shitty episodes.

Voyager gets unfairly criticized due to the misogyny of trekkies who couldn't handle a women as the captain and protagonist

What was wrong with the Tuvix episode?

nothing, thats not one of the bad ones

>mfw i unironically enjoy threshold

Janeway murders Tuvix to get Tuvok and Neelix back, even though Tuvix was arguably more useful than either of them.

And liked by everyone more

cept kes

She was a pedo anyways

Ok, Janeway commited murder. So fucking what? Call Starfleet command.

moralfags get out

It doesn't dawn on you right away. The characters get more and more flanderised and shallow, and the constant resets and lack of character or plot development becomes really draining.

he would have combined himself with tuvix and killed himself.

By not acting to separate them, she pretty much kills Tuvok and Neelix does she not?

I would argue he has much right to exist as they do

>he would have combined himself with tuvix and become the ultimate being.

ftfy

I concur. Voyager stayed true to the "where noone has gone before" style that makes Star Trek great. Nearly every episode had a fresh imaginative scifi plot.

Though Neelix ruined episodes occasionally, even when I watched it as a 13 year old I was basically waiting for his scenes to end and the plot to resume. Tuvix was pure kino and redeems this somewhat, he wasn't as annoying as Wesley Crusher.

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

The rights of 1 > 2? he was an accident, malfunction, WHY does he have the right to live?

Yeah Neelix is fucking annoying, but if you compare him to Wesley he's as interesting as Worf or Data or that shapeshifting guy or Quark or the Doctor or literally any Cardassian

I unironically loved this episode

>gay theatrical shitnigger commander and his gay son
>kira lesbo
>dax plainjane x2
>boring Odo
>gay tailor alien

muh better star trek series lmao

Voyager is better in everyway

Voyager is pure fucking comfy tbqh

also that sexual tension between Janeway and the Borg Queen

Rank Cardassians

>OFFICIAL KARDASHIAN POWER RANKINGS
00, Mila
01, Damar
02, Aamin Marritza
03, Garak
04, Kira Nerys!?
05, TAIN?
06, Chief O'Brien, I'm Fertile.
07, Madred
08, Tekeny Ghemor
09, Macet
10, Kovat
11, Makbar
12, Rugal
13, Natima Lang
14, Joret Dal
15, Daro
16, Korinas
17, Kotan Pa'Dar
18, Turrel
19, Parn
20, Boheeka
21, Broca
22, Dejar
23, Evek
24, Toran
25, Silaran Prin
26, Rusot
27, Seska

>BETRAYED HIS FAMILY
>BETRAYED HIS STATE
>BETRAYED HIS PEOPLE
>BETRAYED HIS GALAXY
>BETRAYED HIS LINEAR TIMELINE
>BETRAYED HIS CORPOREAL DIMENSION
9,001, Dukat

>13 posters
>27 replies

>Borg Queen
Reeeee, cadet, reeeeeeeeeee.

>damar
>not number 1 4evuh

Do you think they erected statues of him on every Cardassian planet?

Yes.

And they tore down all the Dukat statues and recycled the resources into toilets.

Fuck off

Picard was willing to beg and humiliate himself to get his people home

Janeway was willing to change the destiny of people outside of the Federation and screw over her own crew at the same time.

God forbid discussion take place on this meme forum

Of course not. Every other Trek was garbage compared to DS9.

Needs more near future space exploration with every encounter being a possible threat, and weird fantasy sci fi at a minimum.

Voyager was the worst, being so advanced in the Delta Quadrant meant that every second episode had to be some weird anomaly disabling the ship.

Voyager had its share of good episodes (you named two of them), but it had so much wasted potential. Even the two episodes you mentioned are good Trek episodes, but they didn't really use things unique to Voyager itself. The most unique things about Voyager, which were the Starfleet/Maquis tension and the "stranding with no help" concept didn't feel like they were present well enough.

Also the Kazons were shit villains. The idea of a villain with weaker technology overcoming a Starfleet vessel through attrition is a cool idea, but I don't get the feeling they spent more than an afternoon developing the concepts behind them before they started writing episodes of the show. And on a petty note, I think the prosthetics made them look ridiculous.

Voyager issues are that they never develop the characters.

Hell, even Enterprise developed the characters more then Voyager. Even if they also wasted characters.

>few

I just finished s2, don't tell me the Kazon are still a thread by s7? I assumed they'd have moved far on by then.

>it's not as good as DS9

well it is hard to top a show about a shopping mall in outer space with a "captain"

Nah, they drop the Kazon. Even the writers didn't like them much aside from Michael Piller. I like Piller but he had some pretty shitty ideas towards his late years IMO.

She wouldn't kill them, she would have failed to save them. Besides the whole point of like the second episode of season one (the Vidian introduction) is that even when it would save one of your crew member's lives a good captain doesn't commit murder in cold blood on an unarmed unwilling person. You could argue that saving two people should change the situation but the reality is Insaneway has no real consistent ethical principles and the writers can't afford to just randomly fire Neelix and Tuvok.

let's not dismiss legitimate criticism by blaming a misogynist boogeyman

I've never once heard anyone on this site say anything about janeways ovaries

hating ds9 just because the captain's black however gets pulled fairly regularly

he creeped everyone out

Remove gagh.

Tuvix was ugly as fuck gas him for the good of the ship.

Literally had nothing to do with that.

Janeway was poorly written as if they writers didn't know how to handle the character. So she behaves like a schizophrenic.

Also get you misogyny boogeyman posting the fuck up outta here.

Enterprise season 3 was Voyager done right.

nothing about enterprise was right or good faggot kid, and you have to be 18 to post here

i like voyger

they should've combined more people in that episode

ohh... whahhhhhh. im sory janeway wanst a carbon copy of picard, and made her own discussions and actions that were not cut and dr

Agree to disagree

That's why I could never relate Sisko to being a Captain even after his promotion(which felt like it took forever.) Didn't he even get command of the Defiant before he was even a Captain? So, they hand him the ship and it basically chills at DS9 until he feels like he needs to take it out for a spin? They sent him out there to be the Steward of DS9 and then all of a sudden all this shit went down and Starfleet was just like, "Uhh, don't fuck this shit up." I would have brought in someone more qualified to wage a friggin' war and left him in charge of making sure Odo swept the floors regularly.

I prefer DS9 to Voyager for the sole reason that DS9 was DS9, hate it or love it it stayed true to itself for the most part. Voyager on the other hand, it could have been perfect. It had every chance to be a true masterpiece. And it wasnt. They screwed it up. Whether you think it was god or not, i think we can all agree it had much more potential and could have been way better if the writers weren't so wishy-washy on Janeway's character and other issues.

>tfw that splicing line in Beyond which reminds you of Tuvix.

That image is the most accurate description of this site

this

while he lives two people that existed before him can not, not seperating tuvok and neelix would be like killing them for the sake of a single person

>'this is hilarious and retarded'

Wait for the Real Space Opera op

The Defiant was kept there as a deterrent against attacks, but the Federation was hoping to avoid war.

Well it also had a cloak so that they could explore the gamma quadrant without the sort of fuckery that federation ships usually ran into while exploring new territory.

Things was a goddamn beast.

That phaser cannon just completely ignored shields.

Including the audience.

The Kazon were basically Klingons thrown a few hundred years into the past.

Being a captain isn't necessary to command a starship. Picard first took command of the Stargazer when he was a lieutenant-commander.

picard wouldn't have had to made the decision..

geordi and data would have figured out a way to have Tuvok, Tuvix and Neelix all at the same time...

Yeah buy Voyager was basically the C-team of Starfleet crews.

That was a field command.

Technically, anyone in command of a ship is called Captain, regardless of their rank.

I think it would have been fine if they did it right away when he was willing. By the time they figured out how to split him, he had basically become a member of the crew in his own right. He had formed relationships with them and became invested his his life. You can't just kill him, he should have the same rights as any member of the Voyager crew.

The longer it goes the worse it gets OP. Towards the end every episode is "we good a way home... Oh wait we can't do that for some reason"

After the battle was over, Starfleet could have called him back to Earth and given the Stargazer a new commanding officer. Instead they sent LtCdr Picard an email authorizing him to keep commanding the ship.

Trust Starfleet. They know what they're doing.

I cannot disagree, but that still does not make them a Captain in rank.

Can't stand Janeway. Bitch is just weird looking. No Star Trek beats DS9.