This question is for those who have experienced some level of anxiety whilst smoking weed...

This question is for those who have experienced some level of anxiety whilst smoking weed, or have experienced situations in which they've witnessed others exhibiting anxious behaviors whilst under the influence: What do you find is the best remedy for stifling the anxiety of those whom might feel this way when smoking weed?
I ask simply because a friend of mine whom I frequently smoke with experiences high levels of anxiety whilst doing so. He loves smoking weed and we are looking for suggestions to lower the level of anxiety which might come with doing so.

Tldr; my friend is a pussy who thinks hes gonna die whenever he smokes weed. Halp Sup Forums

i usually try to distract myself with tv or music, works very well for me

Remind your friend he cant overdose on weed. Tell him to close his eyes and focus on his breathing. Inhale through the nose exhale through the mouth. Leave him alone to get his mind right if you have to.

Stephen is a piece of shit that needs to get raped

Change the setting. don't smoke where you have to hide it, don't smoke around people you don't like, don't smoke where you have to worry about getting caught.
Also don't smoke if you don't want to do it, you feel bad about smoking or you feel like like you're smoking too much.
Definitely do not smoke it if you're paranoid.

I experienced HUGE amounts of anxiety when I broke my limits smoking weed. It happened many times, and I even had psychotic episodes. Fortunately, I was able to hold back, realize it was all in my head and chill.

Sleeping helps as a last option if nothing else does, just get it over with. Meditate, draw, listen to music, play a videogame... Something that will help you focus on the NOW. If you reach your limit, your ego might be destroyed on more than one occasion.

So... Take care of your doses. If you want to keep using weed, remember it can be more than a party drug (but it can also be that). Showers help. Keep eating and stay hydrated, I once fainted in public because I wasn't hydrating properly, so drink tons of water.

OP here. I appreciate everyone's input thus far and I am sure they will all be helpful. Perhaps in addition to suggestions we can call provide stories/experiences about this particular subject. Might liven up the thread a bit.

Sorry, posted before reading thing. This is what I mean! Personal experience if people would be so inclined to share. Thanks for doing so.

honestly i have bad anxiety and have been smoking for a few years now. ive found that the best answer is the most obvious: smoke less. pack less weed in the bowls, use pipes not bongs, just dont overdue it and youll be fine.

I guess the best thing you could do is stop making him smoke fucking weed then.
Anyway when I was smoking back in the days I was to experience this also. What I did was analyzing that feeling whilst feeling it. Tried to be objectiv about it. When I was asking myself; what is it that I feel right now and why do I feel it, it kinda became something that was just happening on the side and I didn't have it cross my mind at all times. Sometimes I've been able to laugh about those feelings eventually because I realised how rediciolous they were. I don't think that'll work for everyone though.

Alright, I'm Also wanna say that is very on point. A wrong environment can turn a good smoke session into really bad trip. Smoke somewhere you know nobody will give you shit.

>Was in university dorms
>Had to clog my room's door, and my bathroom door with towels when I wanted to smoke
>Had to smoke with a bong, had to hide the bong somewhere
>Had to expel the smoke from a paper towel tube filled with paper towels
>One night, my roomie left and the tv got fucked up somehow on its channel reception
>It was that white noise
>In the bathroom, not knowing any of this had happened
>Started hallucinating voices coming from my room. Cartoon characters (fairly oddparents) telling me I was fucked up and what not.
>Turns out a deprivation of sensations causes your brain to fill in the spots
>Went out, realized what was happening with the TV, played music loud and took a shower, followed by going to sleep.

>Still in the dorms, still in uni
>Quite place
>Started having psychotic episode, I thought the manager of the dorm had spy cameras in all our rooms
>Most def an alien gathering intel on humans to harvest our organs
>Went so far as to grabbing a knife and making a break to exit my room
>Realized I was just about to go look for a person to murder them
>Freak the fuck out, drop the knife, start playing videogames to get my mind out of it

There's a history of mental sickness in my dad's part of the family. Drugs such as marihuana CAN and WILL provoke psychotic episodes if you're prone to them, so be careful, check your family history.

Other than that, I'm fine. I smoke a little or take some tincture drops to start my day, but once I'm high, I stop using. I also mentioned it broke my ego many times, I meant that as a good thing, I feel it changed me in positive ways. It eventually stopped, but it probably could in the future again. I think ego is overrated for the sake of the common good, so that's ok with me.

I too experience paranoia after smoking weed. Not everyone CAN smoke weed. He enjoys the company, the fun illicit secret, and all that. He Also has a different reaction than you. You need to understand that I used to steal shit for the thrill of stealing. I'd steal all the light bulbs from an entire block, I'd steal a. I'd steal a bicycle that was chained up at the city pool and take it home while riding my own bicycle. I used to steal radios from cars parked at a bar near my house. I don't steal anymore but I tried sharing my love of stealing with a friend. He didn't get it. He was worried about the other people n cops and all that. I told him it's not that I didn't care about people, I'd help people when they needed help- I just liked to steal. I stole Jeff chipners little bro's bicycle, and later found out it was his from my friend who helped me steal it. So I decided to return it As If I had discovered it. I felt like laughing and a little shitty at the same time. So I slowly stopped stealing it and later got a gf who let me feel her up and she'd jerk me off in her aunts house. I was 12 and then 13 and had always had a shitty unwelcome reaction to pot. Pot was weak as shit back then, too.

You can't judge your friend for having a different reaction to pot. As an example you should separately try crack, meth, acid, mushrooms, salvia, ice plant extract, and black tar opium and then compare your experiences with that of others on erowid (if it still exists).

Not everyone has a positive experience with mind altering/expanding/modifying compounds regardless of their natural/unnatural origin. You
Might want to get high with a second friend and invite friend no.1 to visit and keep you both company while he abstains with impunity. Don't joke about his bad reactions, it's serious shit.

Keep cool man, there's All types of people.

Try smoking strains that have a low THC content and a higher CBD content. THC is responsible for creating negative effects while CBD is there to counteract. CBD is more of a chill couchlock.

tl,dr try different strains

don't call him a pussy. some people's brains just aren't wired that way. literally

instead, try to get him something with higher CBD to THC ratio.

or take a xanax or a drink or two with it if that's possible

This.
The truth

Meditation. Youtube 5 minute mindfulness meditation. It also helps to exercise, or just run.

Even with psychedelics. I was having a bad acid trip once, so I ran and I got to a much better relaxed state around 6km.

This. It's just a high THC content that causes the anxiety. Take CBD if you get anxiety/paranoia either by smoking or eating a CBD edible. It will wipe it out. Also drink water and realize you're just high.

Ley him smoke alone, its you

Many people get anxious because theyre not used to their mind processing thoughts and experiences so fast.
When i feel anxious i ususally ask my friends if any of them feel a bit anxious, and usually one or two do. Then we talk and laugh about it together. Finding something to do is a good remedy too, expecially music or a movie.

If you can get over your anxiety and just talk with your friends, its great. Alot of people ( including myself) get real shy, because i dont want to sound stupid. But when everyone youre with is on the same page, and you all know it, good times can be had.

I always remind myself "I would not judge anyone else for being high, so why would anyone whos high judge me?" Just remember that man.

lol tell him to stop smoking, he has a shitty mindset about his life and creates anxiety that he is trying to cover up with weed. Thats not what its for. get your life right then enjoy the shit you want

Bruh just have him pop a Xanax. All that anxiety will melt away.

I used to smoke weed everyday for years and then one random day I hit this brick wall where my brain said "fuck this shit" and it made me freak out and panic everytime since, and feel all suicidal. it's fucked. I stopped smoking it and I don't touch it anymore cause my brain hates it. shit sucks.
if it's not mixing well with your friend, then your friend shouldn't do it. you can't just "make" it work.

A lot of people's anxiety stems from the stigma of weed. They feel like they're doing something bad or will get what, whatever really. They get wrapped up in those feelings and think the weed is making them that way, but it's just that pre-existing anxiety.

oh yeah i forgot about this. DEFFINITLY have some water.
Drinking water is one of the most basic human functions, and will bring you back down to earth if youre getting too high or too anxious.

this was me 100% the first few times I smoked weed, then I learned to chill out and enjoy it

Get a strain with higher CBD op. Or have your bro smoke slower, it probably hits him harder, I'm guessing he weighs less, so he's smoking the same amount to keep up with you guys. Remind him it's 2017 everyone and thier grandma smokes pot. Some times the anxiety stems from subconsciously feeling like you're going to get caught.

smoke weed with CBD

dont smoke so much

This, beat me too it, thanks user you cock gargling faggot

Not trolling.
Get SUPER fucking high one of these times.
If you normally smoke a bowl, smoke 3.
If you normally smoke a joint, smoke 2.
Get him so god damned high you have to restrain him from calling 911.
Next time he starts getting anxious after smoking remind him of that time.
That worked for two of the newbies I smoked with.

the worst advice ive ever heard

I love you. This works, can confirm. I give my friends the fattest dabs. They look now before taking them, got so many people to puke at parties

Hey fuck you mang
Fight me pussy

Probably. I'm a fucking stoner, so probably don't take my advice about pot.
I smoke half a gram of oil in a single sitting when I smoke.
I used to smoke every day, but cut back to two or three nights per week cuz I stopped getting high.
These other guys are probably better sources OP, but I've seen it work.

you're an asshole and the type of person I used to hate at parties...

>i smoke a lot of weed, clearly I know more
you dont overdose your friends to help them, you advise them to find the things giving them anxiety and solve them. you dont say man but remember how bad this time was! its only half as bad now
lets go jabroni

I've done similar things.
Once outside of a bar I smoked a joint laced with fake pot with some random dude, and left before it hit him.
I wonder what happened
That fake weed shit is the devil by the way.
Stay the fuck away from it.

Sounds like your friend is having panic attacks i.e. Tony Soprano.

I wasn't using my consumption to justify my knowledge friend, I was using it to do the opposite.
I smoke so fucking much, and have never had a problem, that I'm not really the guy to heed on this subject.
>Anxiety? Weed?
>Weed helps my anxiety, so smoke more!
I just wanted to offer a solution I've seen work.
He's free to tell me to fuck off.

I found doing WAY less (like 2 puffs versus many bowls) was the key. Get a little buzz and leave it at that.

Or get drunk as fuck first.

Or just go to sleep

So try just slowing it down. 2 hits, wait 15 minutes (set a timer, dilation and all) and see where you are at.

Probably fucked your bitch too kid, grow some balls

Just offering a counter view. Came across as sarcasm to me. no worries

Lel what are you like 5'2"
Bruh you assure them vocally of course, but they need chest hair too, not gonna be giving these fags no special safety spaces

Can we talk about psychedelics here?
I want to really experience something out of this world like dimensional level out of body shit. Anybody have tips to achieve this with the use of psychs and weed

and you dont create shitty situations for them, weed is supposed to be good so do something that makes it actually good for them, not good by comparison. lol special safety spaces, the fuck is even going on in your head?

smoke weed and do shrooms. done

Only smoked spice once, when it was first coming out.
>spice 20$/gram
>weed 10$/gram
>Fuck it, love my herb already

Out of this world?
Acid.

Out of body you want Salvia

I had a few friends that were really into, but I never felt anything from it.
Then one day I try some shit called Cherry Twilight and 4 months later my bank account was empty.
I've been clean (yes I consider it something to be clean from in the same way as booze/heroin) for almost 3 years and still crave it sometimes.
Probably will forever.

I had a friend do coke once at his buddy's bachelor party, before a strip club, and years later he still gets the urge to want to get coke again. Buys Hella weed from me, 2oz a week prolly

Is it really as simple as just getting lucky enough to get thrown into one? I always remember reading about some exercises you get your body used to doing before sleeping and whatnot like staring at your hand.

The saying goes no one acts upon a drunk decision out of randominity. The thought was conjured previously in a sober state, however just acted upon during a drunken state. On the other hand, when you smoke weed your mind often times races. A lot of people just freak themselves out and only think of the worst. Personally, I think this is largely due to the fact that weed is illegal so that small hint of this is wrong triggers people. I've been through it myself. You just have to learn to think positive thoughts. You have to refuse to lose to yourself. I have had the best of thoughts and times while smoking weed when I was not worried about life's troubles, about getting caught by some random person showing up at my house unannounced, or randomly getting drug tested for work.

YOLO

Fuck everyone

Enjoy the high

Stop being a fucking pussy (period)

Do research on ego death

Ive tried a fair few drugs and have never even come close to attaining that.

you cant force it, do some meditation to attune and free your mind some more. i was skeptical but it actually works

I've done both shrooms and acid and personally i prefer shrooms.

It's not getting lucky, its what you take and how much you take.

Shrooms for me was really mental and made me think about everything, honestly it was overwhelming, but was really fun. I dropped about an eigth and i had a lot of crazy visuals. Knew it kicked in when the colors on my tv started changing into lighter and darker shades.
Out of body experience on shrooms? i have not had.

Acid on the other hand is insanely intense. The whole trip for me was out of body pretty much. I dropped two tabs the first time and i was so fucking lost. You enter a trip and feel like its been days, only to come back from it and see its been five minutes. Every time i tripped I was somewhere else, (Park, The City, The Country) all without leaving my couch. Smelled sounds, heard colors. 7/10

Some say to try not too hard on achieving anything on psychedelic because they are so unpredictable along with all the variables inside and out when taking them. You will eventually get the trip you always wanted or something like it by just letting it happen.

do shrooms in a dark room with some peacful music and just let your emotions free and let go...thats what i did and it got crazy. everything was connected by strings and it seemed like i experienced everything at once....over and over and over i was trapped in a cycle. kinda scary thinking about it seemed so real

I've smoked weed nearly a dozen times over the years, and every single time I get crippling anxiety once I start to feel high. Like I can feel everything from my clothes on my back to my bones scraping together, and lying down or lying still makes the feeling worse. Sound also bothers me as I can feel my ears feeling the sound.

My solution was to not smoke weed and stick to hard liquor/other drugs

Me and dark rooms dint go well together. I always feel I am seeing shit in the dark. Might be cause of my dogshit eyesight but I do wear glasses. At the same time it make me want to be scared as fuck

Was it a cycle or was it a loop? The feeling of the loops kill me.

had a terror episode once about a year ago that permanently altered my life. I took LSD for the first time a week before smoking, so that likely had something to do with it.
Pre LSD, I was able to get as high as I wanted, never have any anxiety, and was able to control myself extremely well. I was able to have full conversations with people in a room.
After LSD, I was having a good time smoking, when this pressure appeared in my chest out of nowhere, and my heart began beating so hard. I remember falling onto the floor and having to crawl into the hallway. At this time, had it not been for this pure fortune, i might have actually killed myself from the pain and terror. The neighbors dog walked in the door i forgot to lock earlier and played with me until my family got there. Then, my family screamed at me for using marijuana, and I plummeted into terror. I screamed for an hour straight, and my heart was going so fast that even my grandmother thought it would explode. After that, whenever I sat down, I got this horrifying adrenaline rush and absolutely had to stand up. The sound in my ears was so loud. It almost sounded like the sound a little fan makes, but multiplied to painful volume levels. I paced for two days straight after that. I didn't sleep, didn't eat, didn't shit. I wasn't able to stop because if I stopped I got that damn rush of adrenaline.
Eventually, I managed to sleep, but I felt terrible again the next day.
So it turns out, I was hypoglycemic, and marijuana alters your blood sugar. Thats the reason for the munchies. Now, im trying to slowly use weed again. My tip is to always have food with you. Even if you aren't hypoglycemic, the act of eating will likely calm you down and raise your blood sugar

it was a loop and it felt like i was trapped with everything in it. Just on repeat

Eating or playing a board game usually help me when I'm faded. Last time I was high I smoked 4 bowls to myself (Usually I only smoke two max) and then settled in to binge watch samauri Jack. But Aku and all of the red and black colors were scaring the shit out of me. So I ordered pizza and we broke out Catan. So mellow.

I feel you man, same shit happened to me. Took too much acid for my first time, completely fucked me up for a few months. Took me 11 months to be able to smoke like i used to. Learned something from that trip because it was awful.

Wicked man. Got that on acid, scared me shitless.

I get paranoid very easy. I know this going into it and it still happens, I live in a state where it's legal but that only makes me paranoid about things other than cops. Weird things like if my roommates can smell it and call my landlord or if the people in the park know what I'm doing and think I'm a terrible person. I also freak myself out if I get too high or crossfaded and focus on the effects, like my breathing being different or the couch lock. The best remedy for paranoia for me is to put all the weed and shit away and distract myself with vidya or something, while for anxiety the best thing is to just lie down and calm myself through breathing exercises.

It was a cool experience in hindsight, although in the future im gonna stick to bright sunny days and being with friends when i do shit like that again lol much happier vibes

For a newbie, I would suggest not smoking if you are already sleepy. Also realize your brain is on a 7 second delay when you're high. (May take a few seconds to realize things happening around you.)
Don't hit it too hard. Take a drag and wait 15 minutes before taking another drag. In any case, you will "come down" about 45-60 minutes after your first drag. At this point any additional drags won't hit you that bad...
Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

I started to become highly anxious when smoking weed because I felt like I was too old to be wasting so much of my time with a self-indulgent, pointless activity. My solution was simple: stop smoking weed.

If you feel anxious smoking weed, its your subconscious telling you that you need to grow up.

I have the very occasional joint 1-2 times a year and am reducing my alcohol intake at the moment. I am learning to live life sober, and its hard but rewarding.

This is why I'll never do coke. I've been offered so many times. It always ends with me punching someone because they call me a pussy one too many times.

>stoner
>Sup Forumstard

every woman's dream man

Trips confirm!!!

I've done coke about three times now and it doesn't do anything for me. Just feels like a strong coffee, and I know it was good coke because the smallest amount made my mouth numb. I just have a weird tolerance for uppers, I stopped trying to do molly and ecstasy years ago for the same reasons, they don't do much for me without having to take an absurd amount.

Lol that's because ego death has nothing to do with drugs.

same man. it happened to me once and i was able to start liking it again, but about a month ago i started getting anxious again. shits fucked man.

have your friend take a break from it op.

I hate mollie because it turned my ex-fiance (whom I still love very much) into a god damned club rat whore.
I guess I'm better off since those characteristics exposed themselves before we actually married, but it still hurts to think about

Mushrooms were the tool I used.
The vehicle by which I arrived there.
Drugs can be very powerful tools in achieving this 'ego death' as we have labeled it