Most talented, original, and boundary-pushing artist of the decade coming through. haters can fuck off

most talented, original, and boundary-pushing artist of the decade coming through. haters can fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

ableton.com/en/blog/grimes-bird-calls-and-dentists-drills/
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I won't argue with talented since that is subjective but what boundaries has she pushed?

this has been extremely damaging

what do you mean?

Oh my god please
This is going to become a shitshow if you do this
>inb4 "name an album like Grimes album"
Who gives a shit if she's boundary pushing she's amazing where it really counts: her musical ability

still so young :)

she's 29

I would agree in that for her first 3 albums (not a fan of AA t b h), but what's wrong with asking a stupid OP to clarify what he means?

Also:
>expecting a grimes thread not to become a shitshow

>what boundaries has she pushed?
1. grimes did her own brand of synthpop that nobody else did it before.

2. she did everything in her art by herself: singing, songwriting, drawing the cover art, directing and editing her videos, producing, sound engineering.

3. she popularized the concept of a female producer. she wasn't the first one, but she's the first one who really pushed it to the masses. she's a role model for other females to start pursuing a career in producing.

4. her electic music taste is due the fact she's from the first generation of artists that grew up with the internet -> access to a huge quantity and variety of music. all that eclectic taste was reflected into her own wildly diverse music. her favorite artists list ranges from mariah carey to arvo paat, from outkast to skinny puppy.

5. she's the only female diy artist at her level of success. she succeeded while most diy artist failed.

what has it helped?

>she did her own brand of synthpop
oh, so any band that has a signature sound is boundary pushing? a bit far
>she did everything in her art by herself
done by numerous artists before
>she popularized the concept of a female producer
>she wasn't the first one
she's not pushing boundaries if she popularized it instead of creating it
>her eclectic music taste
plenty of artists have had eclectic music tastes without the internet
>she's the only female diy artist at her level of success
but she's not the first female diy artist, so basically the same as no. 3

so young and confident. can think and act independently without concern of being watched. can participate and understand without concern of being manipulated. in a very safe and sure place, happy and healthy

Is this Fitter Happier 2?

>oh, so any band that has a signature sound is boundary pushing? a bit far
if they invented that signature sound and they can't be confused with someone else, why not? say what you will, but you can't confuse grimes with anyone else.
>done by numerous artists before
not all that stuff. how many artists do you know that did videos, cover art, singing, writing songs, sound engineering and producing? not even prince and bowie did that (they had people helping them).
>she's not pushing boundaries if she popularized it instead of creating it
to push boundaries you don't have to be the first one trying, but the first one who succeeded! she also pushed the boundaries of producing in general. a random sample:
>For the song “Venus Fly", for example, I had these awesome 808s, that I built using two different 808 sounds. Then I sampled a dentist drill and tuned it to the 808s and layered it very lightly on top so that they sounded a bit more savage but also wide and clean cuz I think I panned the drill hard and the 808s were mono in the center.
ableton.com/en/blog/grimes-bird-calls-and-dentists-drills/
>plenty of artists have had eclectic music tastes without the internet
not as diverse as hers. most artists like only very specific genres. she likes everything from mainstream pop to some dark industrial stuff, classical and obscure idm.
>but she's not the first female diy artist, so basically the same as no. 3
see above.

It's funny because grimes isn't touring right now and it is clearly her making these threads about herself everyday. Hahahahhaa. I don't care though. Just pointing out the obvious. Keep grindin senpai

like a much gayer fitter happier

why do you all keep posting that stupid Dentist Drill 808 meme Its not like you know anything about sound design you just think it sounds impressive its not

ignore it

Grimes why don't you just do AMAs instead of making threads about yourself

>1. grimes did her own brand of synthpop that nobody else did it before.
that's a matter of opinion that i strongly disagree with
2. she did everything in her art by herself: singing, songwriting, drawing the cover art, directing and editing her videos, producing, sound engineering.
plenty of people do this. plus a swiss army knife isn't inherently better than a sword. her versatility says nothing about the quality of her output
3. she popularized the concept of a female producer. she wasn't the first one, but she's the first one who really pushed it to the masses. she's a role model for other females to start pursuing a career in producing.
although it could be argued that there are plenty of other female producers who have done the same thing, i'm not going to pursue this argument because it has nothing to do with her music or her art at all. you femenists can talk about it at your cuckold parties
>4. her electic music taste is due the fact she's from the first generation of artists that grew up with the internet -> access to a huge quantity and variety of music. all that eclectic taste was reflected into her own wildly diverse music. her favorite artists list ranges from mariah carey to arvo paat, from outkast to skinny puppy.
again, the same can be said for nearly every artist her age
>5. she's the only female diy artist at her level of success. she succeeded while most diy artist failed.
success is subjective. i don't think she's successful at all

So Nirvana was boundary pushing?

It's a nice day out Grimes get off Sup Forums

5/10

this. it's so obvious that her self-image is so fragile she needs the approval of autistic virgins on Sup Forums to feel good about herself.

>what has it helped?
the beautiful lovely grimes of course

>that stupid Dentist Drill 808 meme
that's not a meme, dip.

>Its not like you know anything about sound design you just think it sounds impressive its not
but do YOU know anything about sound design? or are you yet another armchair expert?

>her versatility says nothing about the quality of her output
the quality of her output is subjective because music taste is subjective. btw, most critics think that her music is awesome. also lots of people enjoy her music, hence her music has value.

>plenty of people do this
name 10.

>success is subjective. i don't think she's successful at all
your opinion is irrelevant anyway.

It's true, I don't blame her though because Sup Forums is actually a great place to promote your music but I disagree with her methods. constantly making these threads about yourself is just annoying and I legitimately like Grimes but this just some obnoxious tier self promotion shit going on here. Unless this is someone who actually hates Grimes and is trying to give her a reputation as a fucking moron

>your opinion is irrelevant anyway.
so is yours:)

kinda.

do you really believe that grimes herself posts these threads? lol

yes

it would be a lot better if you found a sauce of esteem and identity by undermining the autistic virgins. i somehow doubt they could maintain the emotional security to continue making her feel good about herself, like you've suggested. not when other people become involved. why would they have self-worth of their own at this point anyway?

that's a good opinion, i like you

Dude she gives herself away
>"OG Internet"
>DIY
>her general interests (anime, etc)
Clearly she goes on Sup Forums

Alright, I'm right here waiting for your post.

No I post these threads.

Obviously Grimes isn't gonna timestamp herself and admit to it because some user called her out but oh well. I know Grimes. I know.

i can imagine it becoming really painful for people who've used Sup Forums for quite some time and consistently

Say no to tripfags

No.

When will Grimesposters be permabanned?

grimes?

he's not a tripfag you fucking moron

>artist name refers to gross substances found under sinks and toilets

Quads of truth

this honestly needs to happen. the board is in shambles because of it

holy fuck grimes fans are retarded

was there something else to get out of this place? anything at all?

>wanting censorship because they can't deal with different opinions and can't stand a particular artist
pathetic and disgusting

>implying this crap is an argument
check your iq, dipshit

Grimes I want you to know I'm boycotting playing your music on Spotify until I go one full month without seeing one of these threads. 30 days. or no plays.

>different opinions
>daily shill threads
Where do you see the variety?

>wanting censorship because it might improve the quality of the board
FTFY

this place is completely useless except one thing: a waste of time.

There is no such thing as original anymore. Everyone copies everyone.

Domo arigoto

doesn't matter, you're a net-positive statistic who's making her more controversial and therefore more relevant. if you had something meaningful to share it's obscured by and is rendered not too different to the bullshit being shared on here. how do you feel yourself though desu? do you matter or just grimes?

>implying it wasn't just meant to be an expression of surprise
I think YOU might need to check your IQ

How would I get started if my goal was to copy everyone?

I just gotta chime in here as well... PERSONALLY I cannot wrap my head around how fantastic she is, as a person, an imagine of beauty, and for her outstanding ear and vision.

She's breaking apart the very landscape of Popular Music and reshaping it into her image, which is refreshing.

I'm happy to be alive in the times of Grimes.

You would start by taking two or more sounds that already exist and combining them together to make new sounds and or genres.

That was meant to be reply for OP post

Good. That doesn't sound too complicated.
But if I took one sound that existed and one non-sound it would be new?

this comment isn't original

This isn't net-positive though. This is net-neutral if anything. you're posting to the same 100 people who already know about your music. You simply don't need to do this as it just comes across as stubborn and annoying.

Please vote for Grimes, everyone!
mmva.muchmusic.com/vote/

>daily shill threads
1. they're not shill threads
2. nobody forces to you visit them. don't you have anything better to do than to shitpost in them? there are lots of other threads on mu. why don't you get your fat ass from her threads to some other random meme threads?

i love her

It's a good thing she's a literal nobody outside of Sup Forums, wouldn't want to hear about this garbage irl

>wanting censorship because it might improve the quality of the board
so, there is more place for meme threads? aha.

GO RIVERS

I'm an honest to God fan of her music but I agree 100% these threads are cringe as fuck. I know of at least 10 successful artists that come on Sup Forums for sure but never ever do this weird shit.

>nobody forces you to visit them
yes, that definitely changes the fact that they break the rules

meme threads are honestly better than the four threads about a meme artist

You sound mad. We have four Grimes-shill threads running currently. There is no way around them. So shitposting is the best thing I can come up with.

this is about your enjoyment. you don't care how it's affecting people. you're a monster

t. Sup Forums poster with no life

she is the best female artist ever imo

I like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift so much more than Grimes specifically and only because they don't shit post about themselves on Sup Forums. Their music may not be as cool but they have class. You gotta admit.

>because they don't shit post about themselves
>he believes that grimes does

You don't seem to be a smart boy.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the grimes stan resorts to ad hominem

Dude. What about Grimes to you says 'I don't go on 4 chan'

i never claimed it's original...

>same 100 people
you're delusional. the grimes friends are way more than 100 and new recruits are joining in every day.

i never claimed you asserted it as something original, just calling you out on imitating people

Same

>they break the rules
which rules? post them.

>God left

>We have four Grimes-shill threads running currently.
so what? skip them and you have many other threads to shitpost into. are you such an autist that 4 threads out of 150 bother you so much?

>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

What's your favourite Grimes song anyway?

see

the stranger

*blocks your path*

stop. grimes doesn't even post on this dumb board. she's busy making masterpieces.

she definitely posts here, no one human being would be retarded enough to make 4 shill threads for someone that isn't themself

>No spamming or flooding of any kind.
most probably these threads were opened by different anons. it's the mods' job to take care of that, not your job.

>No intentionally evading spam or post filters.
you invented this rule. disqualified.

>implying they were made by one person

these 4 threads weren't open by the same person, autist. 4 diff anons opened 4 grimes threads. maybe some of these anons were haters posing as fans. why it's so hard to understand?

the responsability is individual. don't blame all her fans for stuff done by some random anons.

>its the mods job to take care of that, not your job
you asked what rules were being broken you moron
>you invented this rule
pic related

A serious question. Have you got a life outside of Sup Forums?