Paganism

specifically north europe paganism. is it the ultimate redpill?

>pagan rome.
>rises to greatness
>jew gives them Christianity
>rome gets rekd

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion
archive.org/details/TheAsatruEddaSacredLoreOfTheNorth
slaptai.lt/index.php/zvalgyba-kontrzvalgyba/5227-mirstu-uz-tevyne-kuria-taip-mylejau.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you sure you're not confused with pegging, burger?

>are you sure you're not confused with pegging

did i trigger you in some way?

do you know what im talking about?

No, atheism is the ultimate redpill.

> Rome
> Pagan
sure thing, emo vampire shaman boy

Not really, it breeds degeneracy quicker. At least with religions it has a set moral to it such as strong family and moral values

Rome didn't fall because of Christianity. The Eastern Roman empire lasted until 1453 and they were Christians before the empire split in two.

>> Rome
> Pagan
>sure thing, emo vampire shaman boy

they were though, Hellenic right?

im not talking about degenerate emos with dreads and shit.

You don't need to pretend to believe in a deity you know is not real and attend medieval tier rituals to follow a moral code.

THIS

But European paganism is dead; it was wiped out by Christianty just like Islam tried to wipe out paganism in India, but failed.

The closest thing that is alive today and still has the same Proto-Indo-European religious roots is what is called "Hinduism", specifiically the cult of Lord Śiva

But I'm not telling you to put a dot between your eyes and chant or anything like that

Find a good book and learn about it, the best book I can recommend is Yoga Vashistha

When I say "yoga", don't think of any "yoga postures" or anything like that... all that is bullshit pop culture. Yoga has nothing to do with any gymnastics.

Basically the core truth in there is that consciousness is the substance of reality and that all reality emanates from consciousness, so there is no "external" reality really, it's only a projection.

These truths were the esoteric core of the European pagan traditions too, for instance, check into the Eleusinian Mysteries in Greece.

Dig deep user, and you will find.

What is the Great Conspiracy?

Sadly most people aren't smart enough for that. They do need an invisible sky dad to not go full retard.

how do i into hot pagan bitches?

seriously, if i meet a flowers-in-hair moon child semen demon to fuck who finds womens' make-up as unattractive as i do, i'll fucking sacrifice kangaroos to the the blood god or what the fuck ever every goddamn solstice for 100 years.

If you're not doing evil only out of fear of divine punishment, can you even call yourself a good person?

Rome used to be powerful when they allowed slavery into their empire. When rome became christian they abolished slavery and the army became weak.

How does one even become a pagan?
You force yourself into believing in spirits and gods? Isn't there a part of you screaming "bullshit" inside you?

Nope. But most of society is fucking stupid. We need a religion to keep population in check.

>Proto-Indo-European
>Lord Śiva
nah, that's a substratum god

Yoga, meditation and most of other religious practices are likely to be borrowed into the Aryan system.

Christianity's failing is its adherence to slave morality. A people who don't value aggrandizement and maintenance of their own before aid to others will die. That's why the strongest Christian societies are the most idolatrous, insular, and generally "unchristian".

>But European paganism is dead; it was wiped out by Christianty

thats really the answer i was looking for. i couldnt find out whether it was completely gone or just reached low numbers. all i found were degenerates with tatoos.

>Find a good book and learn about it, the best book I can recommend is Yoga Vashistha

ty user. you're english is really good btw.

I guess you just read up about pagan religion of your choice and it somehow it makes more sense to you than praying to a jewish space zombie.

Mate I understand where you're coming from, and I agree. What I mean is that despite it, the teachings hold up well. I'm agnostic, but sometimes its worth looking at this from another angle, instead of calling out the opposite of your belief merely because of that difference. Atheism is mainly communism, by the way and look at what happened. I don't know, I never really get into it so much but my guess is that when Atheism puts the individual at that 'ME ME ME' sort of ideal. I feel being Agnostic is the best way to view things like these, for you can't say for sure on or the other.. remember how one time not long ago where scientists said there was only 1 single galaxy? to find out 100s of millions were around? How the earth was 100% completely flat not too long ago? Just keep an open mind, brother

>blaming Christianity for the fall of Rome when the far more Christian ERE survived for a thousand years after the West

Atheism is realizing that the existing explanations for existence are untrue and deciding that it somehow follows that there literally is no explanation.
It's making one baby step towards enlightenment and then neglecting to take any more because you're so busy patting yourself on the back for making the first one.

I know a lot about Rodneverje, can relate to it metaphorically but this doesn't make me a Pagan.

It's simply an invention, I willfully participate in these old rituals while not taking them literally as did my forefathers. This is typical neo-paganism and I claim you can't be a non-neo pagan today.

>makes more sense to you than praying to a jewish space zombie
but it makes less sense than simply not praying to any of these gods

you Christcucks keep mistaking atheism for Judaism. anti-semitic atheism is best atheism

Hellenic is not a pagan religion, it's what you call the people with greek influences or that are greek, like the successor states.

>seriously, if i meet a flowers-in-hair moon child semen demon to fuck who finds womens' make-up as unattractive as i do, i'll fucking sacrifice kangaroos to the the blood god or what the fuck ever every goddamn solstice for 100 years.

kek'd. i know the feel m8

>but it makes less sense than simply not praying to any of these gods
Many people simply have this strong need for some kind of spirituality. They feel a void they need to fill with something. For most people religion they were indoctrinated in fits the bill. Some are willing to experiment. Atheism isn't for everyone.

What? And pass up another opportunity to blame something on the Jews?

>religion
>red pill
Just start using your fucking brain once in a while.

>Hellenic is not a pagan religion

how is it not? isnt the definition non Abrahamic religions? basically anything not jewish chrisitan islam.

Here is your pagan, bitch.

It's Mithraism, the Romans were still worshipping him into the 3rd century. That's how barbarians made it past Hadrian's Wall, they were already worshipping Mithra.

Because it's a word for greek people or people with greek ancestry, it has nothing to do with their religion.

I never said I believed. I merely stated what we all already know as true, religious teachings have a way to keep a strong unity among others. I am agnostic, you do know that it means 'I don't know' right? Problem I have with Atheism is the lack of explanation to this God question, something other than
OTHER PLANETS N STUFF
SCIENCE SAYS SO!
UNIVERSE

I mean sure, thats why I am not religious, but even Stephen Hawking stated that science is still trying to find evidence to hold up for this

I don't see whats so hard about keeping an open mind since in truth we as a species don't actually know shit.. even in our own world we are still finding more and more species of animals, especially in the waters. Hell, we know more about space than we do about our world's oceans

>For most people religion they were indoctrinated in fits the bill. Some are willing to experiment
I've distanced myself from Christianity long ago. I still find it important from the sociological point of view though. But again, that is how an atheist would look at it.

I am willing to experiment and that's what I do but I can't MAKE MYSELF into literally believing this. It always ends up as a metaphor or a nice way of looking at it but never as "the way things are".

I believe atheism is here to stay, we have robbed ourselves of our gods, we have stolen their lightning and captured it in our laboratories. We have surpassed many of the forces of nature that we have praised so heavily.
There is no way back

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellenistic_religion

ok then do you have a better word for it? you know what im referring to. link related.

The problem with religious explanations is that they are numerous and contridictorary. With Jahweh alone you have christianity, islam and judsaism and their thousends of splinter factions. All claiming to be the only true way, all as likely to be right as the rest. If you want to keep an "open mind" you need to be open for ALL posibilities, not just one you grew up with.

Romuva-fag here.

Feels fucking good man. When religions ceremonies are actually about building communities, when the religion itself has strong roots in nationalism, a link with your land and your people is expressed just as much as the link with the Gods. Shit is build around ethnocentrism, hence not an expansionist religion like the Abrahamic religions, but building a belief of the importance of your people and your land as opposed to the cuckery of Christendom or the batshit insanity of Mudslimism.

So yes, I strongly believe that if these type of religions would be dominating European landscape we would definitely not have a cucked future like we do now, because the ideal of preserving YOUR people and tending to YOUR land with YOUR Gods would not allow the spread of libtardism to take over.

Neo-Paganism has been arond since the XIX cent and achieved nothing except of maybe some Black Metal. Neo-pagans are LARPers and half of them are Wicca-style feminist anti racist hippies.

And paganism lost to Christianity anyway.

Christian Roman Empire did not colapse in the East and was doing quite well for centuries, the collapse of Western Rome was not caused by Christianity, in fact if it hadn't been for Christian monks unwashed Germanic barbarians wouldn't even know how to write.

t. Atheist who likes both Catholic and pagan culture, but most of modern Church is cucked as fuck and pagans are fringe demented DnD kids usually.

>I am agnostic, you do know that it means 'I literally cannot stop sucking cocks' right?

ftfy

Yeah, absolutely! I admit, I never actually looked into Paganism, perhaps I shall do in the near future.
You caught me

Of course you can't be a non neo-pagan, the tradition wasn't 'revived' until 150 years ago and very little is known about it. I'd imagine the best way to get into it would be to go to bronze and iron age sites and try to imagine what they would have used the space for (archaeologists do this). Generally bringing your lifestyle closer to ancient peoples with more hunting/gethering and growing your own food might help. Anything else with names/rituals etc is absurd. But then so is any religion apparently.

I can smell foul vagina from my screen

Christianity was a good thing for Rome desu

It's not like anyone outside the common pleb actually worshipped Zeus or whatever, they were platonists or atomists or whatever, both of which survive today in Christianity and Judaism/atheism respectively.

>no explanation to the God question

Yeah but this is whats wrong with your perspective, you don't realise that the God question isn't even a reasonable postulate in the first place. God is a human construct born out of our mortality and self awareness, and its ridiculou to apply this concept to a cosmic question of how the universe began.

>perhaps I shall do in the near future
That's way to much work than you think it is. Man doesn't live long enought to fully grasp all posible versions of christianity alone. Just look at gnostics and their numerous versions. At nestorians, ebonites and all those unnamed sects from the very begining of christianity who probably didn't even belive in phisical Jesus. With milions of just unlikely posibilities atheism isn't about being sure all of them are wrong. It's about being sure that praboblity of any of them being right is too small to even take seriously.

well the pagans overstretched the empire desu, so they are responsible for its fall right ?

thats awesome

my family is english but i dont think they have any real remnants of the pre Christan ways.

. > the tradition wasn't 'revived' until 150 years ago and very little is known about it.

thats the problem tbqh. the "neo pagan" people today are just degenerates pretending to know what it was about.

>Specifically north europe paganism

Mentions rome as example...
These two things have nothing in common.

Christianity was to ancient rome the same thing that islam is to western europe now. Desert religions taking over aren't a cause but they definitely are a symptom of a larger problem at work. And they definitly don't help.

>the "neo pagan" people today are just degenerates pretending to know what it was about
This, there's much left for speculation. People shove in their own ideologies, look what Wiccanism did to the Celtic paganism.

yea bad example. i just kinda threw it in there

Once again: required reading for anyone interested in Northern European heathenism.

Almost the only book you need, although it's good to read from many sources

There's a free version of it in an archive:
archive.org/details/TheAsatruEddaSacredLoreOfTheNorth

Ką manai, apie tuos, kurie ten pvz. Vilniuj šūkalioja "hare-rama-rama-krišna" oranžinius vegetarus-balvonus?

This.

Btw the pagan gods are real. I have had direct communion with Woden.

Perhaps so. I noticed that it could of been conjured up to ease people from fearing death and such, could be wrong though. Don't know, if you have the time to jump into all this then by all means do it, but it's not really for me. I gladly add what I know though.

True, by this thread alone it seems like there is a vast ocean of branches that I most likely will not ever hear again outside this page. As for it being the reason for atheism, you told me a reason I can actually grasp better than most simple answers. I appreciate it. Never know though, right? I'm just one of those guys

>byzantine cucks
>true romans
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Irelevantiški durneliai, bet kai išgirstu, tai galvoj ilgą laiką skamba.

DARŽOVĖS LMAO

You can be a non neo-pagan. It typically involves a family tradition, however. Of course, if we are talking about European paganism exclusively, that is much more difficult, as the persecution of pagans there was much more thorough. I know far more about the Polynesian paganism of my father's side of the family than about the Scandinavian paganism of my mother's side. They really arent that different, though. You get some folk lore, learn your place beside your ancestors, and read a bunch of old poetry or have it sang to you.

You must go back to shitfuckistan, achmed.

What is this book? The only Eddas we read growing up were the poetic and prose eddas, not some bullshit invented by "asatru".

>jews giving anyone christianity
what is this meme

>Polynesian paganism of my father's side of the family than about the Scandinavian paganism of my mother's side.

subtle bait

Wasn't Paul a jew?

The best part is that she is Swedish. XD

It's a work put together from other Edda's, skaldic poetry, and other original sources, leaning much on the work of Viktor Rydberg, who did a lot of academic footwork in the 1800s to see connections between regional stories and histories and put together a more coherent picture of why we're presented with the beliefs the way we are today.

Sources like Snorri Sturlesson are slightly used obviously but it's understood that he was writing for Christians and his incongruous versions of stories are discarded in favor of earlier sources and versions of the stories

The Norroena Society explains how they chose and used their sources, and there's a full bibliography if you're interested

Was. That's my point. Jews didn't want to give anyone Christianity and if Jesus and his Apostles had their way there wouldn't be anymore Jews.

Paganism is just a way to scare your kids into doing or not doing something
>don't go to that forest, forest god will take you away
>don't go to water alone or water spirit eats you

Weren't Jesus and his apostles (if they existed) jews too?

Anything leaning on Viktor Rydberg is romanticized nonsense. I am happy to hear that it has been a positive influence in your life, by Rydberg was a charlatan. His "insights" were speculative fiction.

European paganism will never die until the people die. Christians like to imagine that paganism is just a differ form of Christianity when in reality it's a completely different mindset.

It's not a religion that gets "practiced" like the neopagans do and it's not defined by a set of dogmas or beliefs.

pic related

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

Everyone claims to have the ultimate redpill

Here is the ultimate redpill: this is the ideal man

>specifically north europe paganism
>pagan rome.
?

She's a woman now, shitlord!

They were Israelites, yes.

But Christianity is a rejection of the world, judaism, and all paganism is the worship of the world, of men, of temperament etc. While christianity is a frothing hatred of the ugly distorted world.

Christian Rome is best Rome desu.
>III century AD, Rome fucked up to the guts
>IV, Constantinus the Great
>Rome starts raising again, even with shit emperors.
>Rome so fucked up since the death of Commodus that lasts more than any human can believe thanks to christianity.

U just have to see the ERE/Byzantine, Roma lasted more than a millenia with christianity, just imagine if Augustus adopted it when he raises as emperor.

slaptai.lt/index.php/zvalgyba-kontrzvalgyba/5227-mirstu-uz-tevyne-kuria-taip-mylejau.html
Mano giminės istorijos dalis.
Nuo to laiko pšekų nekenčiu.

Gnostics pls go.

Well yeah paganism is just less preachy and it focuses on the direct cause
Abrahamic religions are retarded because they all focus in after-life

>needing to follow a mundane ritual devoted to some cool sounding mythological being

You're part of the problem, you're just as bad as any religious and atheist moron who can't see the bigger picture. Try doing what's necessary or right without jerking over your flavour of the week "pagan" god.

yea it wasnt a good example. i just didnt want to leave my post empty kek

Really?
What did he say?

Your words are as empty as your soul!! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.

No, this is common to christian esotericism, mysticism and the more "elite" mode of worship.

Popular christianity does not expand on these ideas (though they are definitely there) because it is as our Lord has said not necessary for salvation or to lead a good life, but those who study, the monks are acutely aware of this.

/x/pill
Krampus was real.
Reptilians and other spirits love to feed off children's energy.

Been pagan most of my life and I can say that Wiccans are THE worst thing ever. Most of the ones I know are fat, hairy broads who are really into LARPing.

Wicca was founded on the principle of being a reaction to Muh Patriarchy male God domination and so Feminists and SocJus cucks flock to it.

I accept that in some strange way they are pagan but as a friend of mine once termed them they are 'playgans' kids who watched The Craft or Charmed and decided that shit looked cool. Rather than honoring one's ancestors and the Gods of our forebearers.

I'll keep my faith separate from everything I do. It's for me and me alone.

Oh and just to clarify, no I was never christian or any other religion.

/x/pill, Santa is real and lives in Finland, he kidnapped the bad children and made his factory out of their skulls, he was just tamed a by a little shaman boy and so he became good and started giving presents to good children

Any mode of religion aside of this practised by wide population is worthless. Religion is here to keep people from abandoning traditional values. Autistic monks and schizophrenic mystics can pray to a lionheaded snake if they want. It doesn't matter.

Paganism is and will always be the religion of the people. The serfs, the peasants, the low-born, the rabble. Oh sure the high and mighty may pay lip service but they'll never have the connection the folk do.

Read the City of God as it addresses precisely your point. Empires rise and fall but the Church is eternal.

The pagan gods are gone. We killed them. There are no pagans anymore and only obese LARPers talk about "resurrecting" these vanquished demons.

>Been pagan most of my life

yeah but... what kind. and what does it entail.

from what ive found. atleast concerning north europe paganism is there isnt really much known about it. its nearly all speculation.

He's not perfect, but I'd hardly call his insights "speculative fiction". The criticism mixes with the praise for his work, and having read some myself I was impressed, although like all scholars of his era he made certain leaps that might not be considered especially rigorous today, despite their plausibility.

Anyway, the Asatru Edda isn't all Rydberg, but it paints a much more detailed and coherent picture of the mythology than any other book on the subject that I've read so far

Then popular christianity is the best, as is it based in self-sacrifice, the foundation of any community.

Neseniai su teta, kuri niekad taip ir nevedė, kalbėjome apie jos gyvenimo meilę, kuris išėjo į miškus partizananu ir nebegrįžo. Jau partizaniniam pasipriešinimui gerai įsisiūbavus, sakė, kad dar kartą slapta buvo susitikę. Sunkiai rinkadam žodžius papasakojo, apie jų paskutinį pokalbį.

20 amžiaus vidurys nušlavė didelę dalį mūsų tautos šviesiausių ir geriausių.

This is an English board, fuck off with your potato language.