Is this the best album of the decade?

>hip hop

>Dumb rockist

what a joke. Neither of em are that good but MBDTF is way better

What a shit decade

t. cuck

>Carrie and Lowell is #5
It's not even his second best album

I don't get the praise for MBDTF. Yeah it's alright, but it's far from a masterpiece - lacks consistency and has a number of shitty featurings.

This, fuck RYM.

this
kys

Age of Adz should be #1

not even his best album this decade
faggots

How very interesting. Does this mean i have to change my opinion now?

>nigger music

10/10 vs 6/10

they're not even close

It's the only good album there

how does this algorithm work? tpab and gk,mc have the same rating and the latter has more ratings than tpab yet it's two spots below

I don't care about either but TPAB is way less of a shit meme than MBDTF

The charts are based purely on the scores. Those albums are at the top not necessarily because they're the best albums of the decade, but because most people who rated the album like it. The charts aren't dominated necessarily by "the best" albums but by the more accessible and popular or less divisive albums.

It's a great album, he just has better albums.

The fact that HOOM isn't even in the top 5 shows what a garbage populist userbase RYM has. This is the only legitimately great album to be released this decade so far.

1. Benji
2. To Be Kind
3. Pom Pom
4. The Archandroid
5. 93 Million Miles

is this better?

no

ok come on, maybe you dont like it but its at least better

lol you just went for albums that pitchfork ranks 20-6 on their year-end lists instead of albums that they rank 5-1

it's not

Except literally none of those albums are good

>shits on list made of generic hipster albums
>his own list consists of slightly less publicized generic hipster albums
>"I'm unique!"

Benji was ranked number 3 for 2014

>kill whitey: the album
>fuckin all the white women: the album
>muh RIP lil big fuck da police
>it's so deep because he FUCKING DIED
>I'm a sad boy here is why I'm sad feel bad for me
RYM was a mistake

>I can't explain why I don't like an album so I'll just describe them with memes
Sup Forums was a mistake

I didnt even know they reviewed 93 million miles, even so dont be a contrarian its not the artists fault an album is popular, especially in the case of Benji

>all (c)rap fans are phoneposters and redditors who say the epic "kys" word to everyone they disagree
You can't make this shit up

This thread has some of the absolute worst opinions I have ever seen on Sup Forums before, which is seriously saying something.
Also, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a much better album than anything Kendrick Duckworth could ever imagine constructing.
Maybe Lamar has the lyrical advantage, but it is crystal-clear that KanYe is more in touch with his musical side. TPAB is much too boring and dull to be top 100 material, maybe top 200. RYM seriously fucking let me down this time. Putrid mistake.

>(c)rap

fuck off nu-male

Ikr dude hip hop SUX nothing beats the classix like AC-DC AMIRIGHT HURRY DURRINGTON SUCK MY DICK PENETRATE MY BUMHOLE FUCKING CUM ON ME SLUTBOY

t. triggered whiteboi

Why the fuck is blackstar rated that high? That album was dogshit

I personally enjoyed Blackstar, but over The Soft Bulletin?
Horseshit.

you all are idiots for hopping on the kl train
he's not that good and sounds bad and isn't some sort of lyrical phenom either
that being said mbdtf is only there because everybody bought into that stupid fucking p4k review
bowie rip and sufjan is garbage too fucking unironically listneing to "singersongwriters" too fuck this shit you all have awful taste

can someone explain why 3 isn't higher than 1? they have the same score and 3 has more ratings than 1

this

>mbdtf in top 5
>not yeezus
this is a serious issue

even yeezus is better than TPAB

Yeezus is incredibly polarizing so you shouldn't really be surprised

>Sup Forums in 2015/2016
>TPAB is the best hip-hop album of the decade!

>Sup Forums in 2017
>TPAB is shit, Kendrick is a hack!
What happened? Why does everyone on this board have a hate boner for Kendrick lately? It wasn't even that long ago we had DAMN hype threads stickied, but it seems like most people have done a complete 180.

>Why does everyone on this board have a hate boner for Kendrick lately?
because he hit the mainstream and has a liberal political agenda
Sup Forums doesn't actually like music, you know. they just pretend to so they can shit on popular artists to feel superior

you need to go back

Lonerism should be in the top 10

t. scaruffi

but true, nothing over 8/10 has been released this decade

>nothing over 8/10 has been released this decade
do you only listen to albums posted on Sup Forums? try to actually seek out some new music man, jesus

>kill whitey
you're an idiot if this is the message you got from tpab, i think you listened to the first half of blacker the berry and nothing else.

>Carrie & Lowell 5th
easily the most egregious thing about this

>prog rock

FLYLEAF AND SAOSIN ARE THE BEST BANDS OF 2007 TO THIS DATE OF ALL TIME

Don't forget the age group

kek true patrician, dont forget 2007 best album of them all, Curtis by 50 cents. A good true rapper who has bas we havent seen anymore since that date.
My music in my ipod sounds just as good as it did in 2007 my favorite time of year I have ever known

RYM is for beta males who browse r/Music. In fact, RYM has an even worse hivemind than reddit

Same thing that happened with NMH and Death Grips and every other artist that got way too big on Sup Forums. They became memes and albums for newfags to namedrop to try to fit in.
That, and the 2016 US presidential election brought out everybody's inner retard and now people make a wicked big deal out of anything even remotely political.

Can anyone that understands the RYM algorithm explain why GKMC isn't also ahead of MBDTF.

I think as time goes on it will eventually surpass TPaB. It's aged incredibly well.

Name one Sufjan album better

What is this a list of? Why is Blackstar so high?

go work on some more content Anthony

One can only imagine what kind of piece of shit cuck music you'd have in your top 5

Planetarium

AoA
Michigan
Seven Swans

Hey that was easy

It is though, behind Age of Adz.

Both wrong

Am I the only one who actually think this is a pretty good 2010's top 5?

No, those are all great albums. People are just pissy because their hipster albums aren't up there

>dadrock

This stupidification of society is unbelievable.

Enjoy You're Rabbit: 6/10
Michigan: 7/10
Seven Swans: 8/10
Illinois: 9/10
All Delighted People: 8/10
Age of Adz: 10/10
Carrie & Lowell: 10/10
Planetarium: 9/10

Better?

>"enjoy you're rabbit"

Post your super obscure 8+/10

I guarantee its forgettable shit

The opinions of music nerds on the internet aren't society lmao

I'm not gonna spoonfeed some random faggot for the sake of an argument.
there's a fuckton of great obscure music out there and it's really not as hard to find as you think.

Yeah I didn't think so

RYM is pretty horrible for new music in my experience. Or perhaps new music is just horrible! Ha!

sorry you're so terrible at finding new music, user
don't worry, if you lurk a bit more you'll find out that there's more music other than whatever Sup Forums's flavor of the month is

Those all are 7/10 at best
Some of them aren't even that

Why are you still responding? See

fucking autist lol

I know you're trying to bait out a recc from me, but you need to learn how to seek out your own music
but don't worry, once you learn that there are more than the 20 albums Sup Forums always discusses released this decade you'll actually develop your own taste

Actually I'm just wondering why you're backpedaling so hard instead of just ignoring me. Trying to save face?

I'm not sure what you're talking about, user. I'm not ignoring you, I'm directly replying to you.
Do you seriously think you're in the right here? It's obvious that you haven't listened to more than 50 albums released this decade. But like I said, you're gonna have to seek out good music on your own. It's actually pretty easy, you know. I'm pretty sure that just today more albums were released than the number of albums you've listened to.
Now how about you give me a last (You) and move on to your own plebian ways?

i too visit pitchfork dot com

Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension; I never said you were ignoring me. FYI I've heard far, far more than 50 albums from this decade and the vast majority of them were completely forgettable. If anything I regret investing so much time in contemporary music when there's literally centuries of music I could be exploring instead.

It seems pretty obvious to me that you're scared to name your "obscure" selections because they're equally entry-level but vastly inferior, otherwise you wouldn't be defaulting to the easy cop-out of not wanting to "spoonfeed", so you won't have to name them and be called out on your shit taste.

Peepee poopoo :DDDDD

Not him but you probably do have bad taste, going by how you're acting

>Can't even list some albums
lol

well shit I just go btfo right there
here's a meme

This never happened. It's always been a polarizing album. The whole louis CK cuck thing happened right before it came out so everyone memed on it.

Nice maymay my friend I'm listening to Miles Davis right now

Perhaps we aren't so different after all.........................................................................................................................................................

I'm completely ignorant of hip hop but dude it's 5 years old. Does music really "age" that fast?

in a silent way is good

His best album desu