These men defined your library

These men defined your library.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?id=1113
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sorry OP, I'm not 15 anymore

They didn't tho. Also, no idea who is the third one.

>Scaruffi
>thinks Shostakovich's 15th symphony is one of the most significant 20thC works

>Fantano
>doesn't even listen to classical music

>Schreiber
>only posts shit from Cantaloupe Music

nty OP I have better taste than them

post library screenshot

Na I'd say YouTube recommendations did desu

>Needing a loon and a sentient meme to choose bad songs for you.

From left to right

1. I've read a lot of Robert Christgau's reviews, and I think a lot of them are good, even if I don't agree with them.

2. The majority of Anthony Fantano's reviews are rap / hiphop, a genre I don't listen to. Furthermore, his comment section is so cancerous that I don't ever want to accidentally read any of the comments.

3. I don't know who this guy is.

The founder of Pitchfork

>Robert Christgau
Newfag detected.

Really just Scruffy desu

I'm pretty sure that's Robert Christgau.

This is the stuff I have on the computer I'm using right now, though I haven't listened to anything in this shit in a year.

nah m8 it's scaruffi

There's no way you're that stupid.

>I think a lot of them are good
Horrible thought to conceive

That's Cristgau. Guy OP posted is Scaruffi.

hahahahah that's literally the most entry level taste ever jesus christ how can you post that and not feel embarrassed

I know that, but I'm not going to use my other computer just to post the other stuff I listen to.
And yeah, of course it is entry level, I started to listen music since, well, a year ago or so.

Well...on the one hand I got into the Doors thanks to Scaruffi, but on the other hand the Beatles are my favorite band/artist.

I don't care too much about Melonhead but I find his videos entertaining, especially when he comments on more complex albums like Trout Mask Replica.

Pitchfork may be wrong at times but overall their ratings are correct. If you disagree, that's fine, but you're probably in the minority.

There is a lot of good stuff here.

have one of these jackasses reviewed Papaya Paranoia?

No they haven't, Wikipedia and looking for random shit in the search engine did.

Christgau, Pitbull and Mick Jagger defined your music library? I mean christgau I can understand but the rest

>men
>defining anything
ew

What are you talking about? His reviews of Radiohead are spot on.

robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?id=1113

Are you blind?

Thanks, though there's some stuff I don't even like anymore, not too much, but there is.

I guarantee you Scaruffi creates apocalyptic schizophrenia among 12 year olds in the genre of we know simply as "fucking".

this is one of the best posts i've ever seen on Sup Forums

Not really. Pitchfork only got me into beach house and that's about it. I found stuff on my own or through last.fm recommendations.

Wat an newfags

are you 15 or something

They haven't. I just listen to whatever I want, What my friends show me, and by I what I see on Sup Forums. I probably Have entry level library but I'm cool with cause im searching for what I feel like

>what I see on /mu

They defined Sup Forumscore too

>this thread

*Monty Python we're all individuals starts playing*

>sorting artists instead of albums
ishygddt

I don't know the third one. Scaruffi definitely, Fantano helps me keep up with modern music but I wouldn't say he influences me or anything.

never read scaruffi other than the meme reviews. don't watch fantano. no idea who the other guy is.
i will admit p4k influences me a little more than i'd like though

Nope altho I should dive deeper into Scruff-core

i recognise the one in the middle
idk who the other two are

Scaruffi is worth looking into seriously

Share godflesh folder

doesn't entry level by definition mean the majority of people on this board have listened to it/have it in their library? idiot.

>Scaruffi
I know him from the Beatles copypasta, and know he likes Trout Mask Replica.
>Fantano
Started watching his videos a few weeks ago, their pretty good, but so far I've only seen some classic reviews of albums i already have, and newer ones that I've yet to checkout
>literally who

Most of my music from before the 90s was influenced by my dad, the rest is mostly Sup Forumscore

>no idea who the other guy is.
>i will admit p4k influences me a little more than i'd like though

lol newfag

>scaruffi
has always and will always be a meme

>fantano
i admit to watching his reviews a lot, but i really don't let him define my taste. if anything we disagree on more than we agree on.

>literally who

been here like 6 years, so kind of i guess?
i also don't read p4k and haven't for a few years but when i did i found a lot of my current fav albums through them, which is what i mean by influencing. i probably should have said they DID influence me, not that they DO.

The other guy is the founder of p4k so I found your post funny

desu theres nothing wrong with taking influence from the tastes of others so long as you maintain your own identity

thanks dude!
that makes sense. i'm not super into identities of bloggers and reviewers and honestly don't read many reviews lately. i think that's partly because of Sup Forums elitism, maybe i'll watch some fantano videos this evening