Help

Help
I took 20mg of methadone last night at 6pm central, its now 9:20am central. It was for my pain i had in my knee, and i feel awful and like im gonna die. Doctor isn't an option. What should I do? I've thrown up three times, and I'm freaking out a little and feel like crazy

Suicide

Bake some cooki-

Nevermind.

its normal on methadone just take it easy and it will pass

those look like snickerdoodles.. now I'm hungry for cookies

Please man, I'm honestly worried. I've never taken like a narcotic, but my friend reccomended it because advil and alieve were accomplishing nothing.

Im 6ft 1 225 lbs, and did sleep through the night. Is it like an overdose or something? Sorry if i sound stupid, I am, and have never done any type of drug before

You're gonna be fine. The dangerous effects of opiates are immediate and will have left you're system by now. Think of this as a hangover. You could also be allergic to opiates (Lots of people are). Could you describe your symptoms better.

Did you take it on a empty stomach? Don't do that bro

They are! Thats what I made last night with my friend. We had a school party(inb4 ban, im 18)
Thank you for the helpful advice friend. I appreciate it.

I didn't originally, but I've thrown up all morning.

Also 20mg is not a very high dosage..

It shouldn't even be effecting you much anymore. Methadone can just slow your heart rate and breathing. 20mg won't do much. I take way more then that a day.

Ok, so im a bit shaky, shallow breathing than normal, dizzy, light headed, and tired as fuck. I've thrown up three times this morning, and have been attempting to sip water.

It is for someone who has never taken an opioid, likely a scrawny child

The fact that you felt the need to share your timezone instead of just saying you took it 3 hours ago speaks enough for your state of mind. Stop worrying, you'll live. You probably didn't eat anything beforehand did you?

>my friend of good sense recommended a whole 20mg of methadone for knee pain

your dealer isn't a doctor idiot. if it feels hard to breathe call an wahmbulance otherwise stop moving around so much youre JUST FUCKING FINE

im all out of constanza faces so have whatever im going to randomly choose now.

metadone for knee pain is like euthanasia for stealing a candy bay. youre fucking retarded OP

I am an idiot and fully disclose that. I told him I'm never taking his advice again on medication. It was a stupid move and I learned from it. I just had no clue what the fuck methadone did and I was freaking out cause i took it 15 hours ago, im young, and a little heavier at 225 lbs.

if you haven't died already you're fine. But just in case set up a live stream for research puposes

The shallow breathing is a concern. If it stays like this, go to the ER.

But: considering you're able to get on here and make a coherent post, you'll probably be fine

How is that? I thought Methadone half life is like 24 hours, you shouldn't have any form of withdrawal for couple of days. Don't fucking lie.

>Help I took opiates and now im going throught withdrawals
wait it out, learn from your mistake

Ok buddy former methadone clinic patient to the rescue. First off way to high a dose for pain, should've taken 5 mg, 10 mg to get for a first timer and that's quite high. Secondly it's almost over, you only got maybe 6-8 hours max left. Can you stay awake, how is you're breathing? Tell me all prescription and over the counter meds you're taking currently now

Congratulations you're having a panic attack

Thing is that you are having a panic attack. Are you retard? Wait, I know: you are a retard. It is normal to feel nausea but you should stick to something else if you don't even bother reading about it first no matter if it's prescription or from your dealer. If you are too dumb to fucking educate yourself before you ingest ANY chemical you should just die and face the consequences.

Oh hai twin

I can stay awake, I kinda have to. It was 20mg, in the form of two 10mg tablets. I am taking absolutely no other medication.

And my breathing feels weird, but it could just be me freaking out

you'll be right, you're not gonna OD after 15 hours. just ride it out, sleep on your side incase you puke

First of all like everything said before:

a) It's too much for you especially if you are naive. However it's not that much it would be dangerous

b) It is normal to feel nauseous because your body haven't been used to this.

c) You are having panic attack as well.

d) Eat some magnesium (it helps you to relax a bit even if it's just a mineral), drink cold water and have a bottle of cold water by next to you. Eat also something like yoghurt a bit even if you feel nauseous

e) Lie down and listen to nice music.

It's going to be all right, no need to panic. You need to know your body and how it works...

>I feel awful and like im gonna die
>Doctor isn't an option

America everyone, the burgers freedom :^)

Not entirely true but applies in this case, the half life of methadone is such that youre body has already processed over half of the drug the effects should be waning. If you haven't overdosed at this point then youre ok. Methadone is dangerous because it can up to 4 hours to kick in fully so people with no expirence take it and expect an effect in like 30 mins like what vicodin does. then they redose when they don't feel anything. Methadone is a POWERFUL narcotic, I was given it for heroin addiction and people with no experience not following a doctor frequently OD due to the delayed action. So you will be ok, but never take more than 10 mgs without a tolerance and honestly even that can be asking for an overdose.

try to eat something like bread, do not take anything else. Even common over the counter meds such as alieve or benadryl and even grapefruit juice are potent potentiators and will make the drug stronger. Were you on anything at all when you took it?

Like this guy said if you can't breathe properly then call an ambulance but imo youre outta the woods so its probably unnecessary. Use your best judgement. When i had no tolerance to methadone and took 20 mgs I would feel high for close to 24 hours so you might be missing work

Like I said if you are uncontrollably passing out or can't breathe properly then be concerned. Most people who die from an overdose just stop breathing or don't get enough oxygen to their brain. Drink some coffee and monitor your breathing

You should be back to baseline in about 6 hours, Your buddy is retarded and should not be giving first time opiate users goddam 20 mg. With no tolerance 5 would've kept you pain free for about 12-24 hrs. At point I was taking 115 mg a dayy but when i sold my dose I never sold more than 10 mgs at a time for this reason andI would cut the liquid with 25% water. It's so strong no would could ever even tell

Did you take it with alieve like you said up here? Or could their be alieve in your system? It's a 12 hr NSAID so it last awhile and like I said it will make opiates stronger just by virtue of being in your system.

Like these anons said, just be calm and lie down. Do something that will relax you and as long as you're not passing out uncontrollably you are free to go to sleep.
Seriously guys unless you are at a methadone clinic or have a massive tolerance don't fuck with this shit, I've seen to many ODs from it. Or at least do some goddam research on dosing and mechanism of action

:(

enjoy your turkey nigga

Smoke some weed, bitch. You'll be aight.