Give me at least one reasonable advantage that i will get by updating to this from windows 7

Give me at least one reasonable advantage that i will get by updating to this from windows 7.

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
youtu.be/KPjChRwXB18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Windows 7 is really good.

Windows 10 is better.

Much better.

There is no advantage. Keep windows 7

None apart from more support from ms. More than 2 years have passed and I still feel like I'm beta testing. If you don't play any vidya I suggest you move to a better os like debian or ubuntu.

multiple "desktops"
it's pretty neat changing from one desktop with firefox and shit open to one with a VM i'm actually working with

I have ubuntu in dual boot with 7. And i really like it!

I did that on my old laptop. I used w7 for vidya and ubuntu for work. Pretty neat.

wannacry doesnt work on w10
yet

planning on doing that, after putting an ssd to my laptop
any distro suggestions besides ubuntu?

Windows 10 is an unstable, unreliable and unpredictable piece of shit I regret ever have updating to it.

you try mint, its an easy switch from windows 7 so too is zorin.

I like arch a lot due to its customizability. But it takes time to get used to because most of the stuff command-wise is different.

Sup Forums looks far better on the new browser.

Wanna Cry does not work on W7 either if up to date and not a pirate copy...

I've used debian, ubuntu and fedora. I've stuck with ubuntu because it was the easiest one to get into since I was a linux illiterate back then. Debian seemed very similar and runs most of the same software packagest so I would suggest it. I'd like to try valve's distro one day to see what all the fuss is about.

No it's not.
It's shitty as hell, keep windows 7, it's the last good OS made by microshit, Windows 10 is bloated, slow, and uses so much more resources than windows 7, it's updates are more aggressive, and I have had wayyyy more issues with it, than windows 7.

distrowatch.com/
have a look and take your pick

Win10 has built-in format that, IF it works, saves you from the trouble of using dvd.

None whatsoever

DX12, current Gen processor and MB support, actually faster overall, current security updates, compatibility modes actually work

My motherboard LAN drivers work with the universal win 10 drivers, but not 7.

tried windows 10 once. Couldn't disable the gamedvr thing and rolled back to win 7 because games ran like shit on my laptop

I just updated a month ago, all these are recent observations.

Also, the shell for old games (wow.exe equivalent) doesn't peg a proc at 100% for like it did in 7.

- It has cached memory support. (means that cpu can handle memory stuff, it helps with fast cpu switching applications, youll notice when booting)

-Has advanced loadlockers. When you fire up an application, it will lock most resources to that app so it starts within seconds

- 64-128bit processor space. Faster CPU's wqll come only for win10.

- Directional creative cloud thinking. This beauty right here puts all your files in a very fast cloud so you never have to worry about backups again.

- Negative firewall G-tier military zoned wall. No more need for virus scanners. This beast right here will put down all virusses and malware like a mexican at the US border.

dubs, and i tried mint. didnt liked it
maybe i'll try it this week
i've started with xubuntu and it was a nice experience, also i'll test debian
yeah, but i wanted second opinions tho

This is mostly true yes

OP here, might keep this in mind

if you say so user.

Windows 10 has given me more than my fair share of problems, mostly as the result of glitches.

1. PIN number password stopped working, even after restart. Can now only use old password method.

2. Cortana has stopped working, and even before then was a very unintuitive software.

3. Audio problems are rampant (between headphones, speakers, etc). It will often resolve in just muting (annoyingly).

4. In Safe Mode there is an annoying glitch that doesn't allow you to use internet (very annoying).

In my honest opinion, I'd keep windows 7. You're definitely not going to notice the bells and whistles that mentions. There are still too many inherent problems with the OS.

IT WILL be better.
Probably not now, because imo it's a pos.

It sometimes changes my default audio device without asking and it pisses me off

This. Not worth it OP.

Preach brother

No it did but it's been patches on 7 8 8.1 and 10 already. All you need to do is update Windows and you are safe.

bump

10 is 5% better and quicker than 7
but do clean install

Those problems are just problems you've caused, I've been running a windows 10 OS without trouble, Only benefitting me.

False. Only use it for work. Google any of those problems and I guarantee you they're common with the OS and are no fault of the user.

If i bought windows 7 now will it still get auto "upgraged" to windows 10 through windows update?

If you believe this moron you're an idiot. It's been proven many times that games run better and the os itself runs so much quicker. Not to say there aren't bugs but you'd only get annoyed if you're an autistic like this retard.

Native driver support (and support in general) is the only downside i see.

It can be a pain in the ass to get USB3 (for Skylake) and Intel Raid driver into the install image.

You can scroll with "Win7 Taskbar Tweaker" between groups of applications.
There is a similar addon for Gnome3.

Fedora - most stuff works fine out of the box when you need a working system.
dnf is by far easier to use than aptitude - like when you have to do revert's and need a special version.
You just need to remove a bunch of useless applications at the beginning.

Debian and OpenSuse is fine too.

All you need to do is not being an idiot and your safe. I haven't updated my windows 7 since they tried to force me to upgrade to 10 and had no issues since. I wont even install the fix they released.

>DX12
>Bit faster
>Gets actual feature updates over time

That's about it.
Don't ming the telemetry, you can turn this off with third party tools if you so desire

These guys knows nothing, Win10 is the best OS ever made. Enough said.

P
youtu.be/KPjChRwXB18

>win 10
>best os
choose one

>autism