youtube.com/watch?v=yEpuq51ncNk
youtube.com/watch?v=pz8Kp_yELg0
soundcloud.com/crowell/crowell-skippy-robotics-vip-freebie
youtu.be/rNStVlJWy88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>>/bleep/

zeds dead was really good like five or six years ago

nero had some great tunes, you're right

Zeds dead is pretty much dead sadly. They did have a good couple of songs last year, but they've fell. Lost you, their hadouken VIP, and lights out have been their best work over the years

This isn't bleep. This is serperate for days when we used to listen to dubstep

This board sucks

Are we going to have a real thread,

Bump

Bump

Bump

God I fucking hate summer

>Was dubstep ever good?

In my opinion yes, I'm not sure why this board is so hostile towards Dubstep. It has a good groove to it, I like the often comedic use of vocal samples, and the simple structures aren't inherently bad. But after the Skrillex hype bubble all three of those elements went to utter shit very quickly.

It's probably because of the "kids that use minecrafg dubstep!!" Type of crap

To be fair, if it has a groove, I'll like it.

Summer is a pretty good time of year. Pretty hot but very nice

Bump

Bump

Mr. Fijiwiji, Nero, Direct, Labsich, Rogue, Seven Lions and Crywolf were all I listened to. I still listen to Crywolf, his music has grown on me.

What about grabbitz? Any impact he had on you, because he was going off back in 2013-2014

Dubstep has always been fine
It just dipped really hard in quality around like, 2012

There's been some really good projects recently though
youtube.com/watch?v=jw-4z6BK_Y4

youtu.be/IdYcN_pLG1w
youtu.be/61MhotDAZ5c
youtu.be/EsGiBwK4Ycc

It's been rising up. Guys like tsuruda, moody good (1/2 of 16 bit), the others, hatcha, funtcase, and even requake has been changing up the game

Stuff like this:
youtu.be/Awb0XYgdNDY

And this:
youtu.be/a_1xHwo0muU

And even this:
youtu.be/muG04X-1F1Q

Can show how the genre has changed

I haven't listened to him much, but Follow Me by him is pretty good.

>youtu.be/a_1xHwo0muU

Shit, didn't even know there was a new Tsuruda album out
thanks my man

He's a pretty neat guy to listen to. It's a good mix of hip hop beats and grime. The remix he did for noisia was also insane, which I think even rivals the heavyweight neonlight remix

Dig the album the album so far. I haven't listened to any good EDM in quite some time. Things are definitely looking up. Glad things have branched out from the Minecraft Let's Play intros.

Better with time is my personal favorite from him, but he's a pretty good person. Glad his voice is noticed

What about shit like this

youtu.be/cECOljUsiIU

youtu.be/sq--_9Nqifg

youtu.be/vmywBXbXzAs

youtu.be/UQ13nr6urIo

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gb3faOzvBk

Remember seeing these dudes at Webster Hall in 2k10.
Simpler times.

Excision, Virtual Riot, Savant, and Zomboy have been my jam lately, hbu guys
Rogue and Nero are some of my favorites as far as this type of music goes. Seven Lions best track is She Was.

Pretty much everything DEEPMEDi has released has been gold
They got one of my favorite producers signed on recently, so he's been doing work
youtube.com/watch?v=BwzAQjXP3d4

I used to follow Tsuruda really heavily up until Derg passed away
glad to see he's still making good shit

Savant is pretty good, but alchemist will forever be his greatest work. To be fair, seven lions best track is the serphent one. Electro dubstep was fucking great

>Yfw Nero is now gone into house
>They will never make god tier DnB
>There will never be another crush on you
>All those lost songs/remixes

So what's the deal with tsuruda? Was it a group project or just one guy? I only recently found out about him from noisia radio playing his stuff

He's been doing solo projects for a while, but he's buddies with a bunch of other producers. Right now he's in a duo project with Huxley Anne called PAINT.

youtube.com/watch?v=MdCpVJOaulA

He used to collab with a dude called Dr. Derg a lot, but Derg passed away a little over a year ago. Tsuruda says it was an opium OD but nobody actually knows.

youtube.com/watch?v=--9P2cw_aH4

I'm suprised not many big names picked up tsuruda. His sound is top notch. MTA, or owsla would have been nice places

As for dr derg, that sucks. Marcus intalex recently passed and it was after I just listened to temperance from him.

I remember those dudes, taking a trip back to my middle school years for sure.

This is so abstract and different from the 2012 gagstep. Pretty good, man.

Same as above. So much more distorted and heavy, gives a more grungy and industrial feel. I dig it.

Eptic probably has the most unique and original sound when it comes to brostep, especially with it being such a saturated and creatively bankrupt genre.

Moody good also. He gets nearly little recognition yet was part of 16 bit. Eptic himself isn't that bad. His sound is a perfect mix between aggressive and bass heavy. Must die, however, likes to make people lose their ears

Eptic?

Not at all, most generic of the generic. Not like that makes it bad, but it's really just the amalgamation of every EDM trope and sound

Then what would you consider the best dubstep guy? G jones? Bleep bloop? Hatcha, trolley snatcha?

i like this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=vIo14jKF9uI

and this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=Rjcxf6o626Y

and this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=DECxluN8OZM

and this guy's only good track

youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8aZJMK8mo

why there's only filth dubstep itt?,no vocal/melodic, chill, complextro (aside from op's >5wkC8vWbFm8 ), glitchhop, etc.. ?

I explicitly said it wasn't bad because it's generic

You mean unique? I dunno. Seven Lions?

I'm honestly baffled as to why you think that. I can't name anyone who sounds like him.

Trollphace or Funtcase. But they do have some incredible songs

I've actually only heard a handful of his songs

Gun Finga? That song sounds like every dubstep song circa 2013

Eh. They don't really have that old space themed distorted arcade machine feel that draws me to him so much

>why there's only filth dubstep itt?
i gotchu

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0xXPHvn2o
youtube.com/watch?v=iE6LnK17jYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Os9DYRZyk-w
youtube.com/watch?v=BCYjqbw2-yI

not related but here's one of james blakes' first tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=e0PwqWVI634

youtube.com/watch?v=FHDvybumHAk
youtube.com/watch?v=soaAo8sx3Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=wm2hxOQeFTY
youtube.com/watch?v=8k_f2QK77ew
youtube.com/watch?v=KWNO6fhz4yk

>dubstep

>Listens to obscure band to feel secure

Popularity has no correlation with quality.

Dubstep is still a dead meme of genre.

Tell me about your patrician tastes

quality is subjective. depends on one's own tastes, user

It still has people following it around. People can listen to whatever they want. That's the joy of music. However, you think that your Shit music should be respected meanwhile a thread like this can't even be perpetrated by people like you

t. triggered chad summerfags

I look forward to school being back in

>Being proud of a thing on the internet

How low must you stoop?

>thread ruined by one dude saying meme
board sucks

>liking dubstep

not as low as you, fortunately.

FUCK YEAH GEETAZ

\m/ \m/

>"You like dubstep! That's garbage"
>"Oh I listen to some garbage band with two followers! I'm an intellectual"

Get out of this thread

the fact that you've yet to disclose your tastes says you are ashamed of liking your own shit music
gtfo then

claims to post "old-school" dubstep

posts shit past 2008 after it's prime

this is the most gen-z thread ive seen on Sup Forums yet

Because this was old school for us. We can give a shit about ambient garage because of C&R fabric cd. Literally you can listen to two songs from the era and get the geist

Reaching Out is easily one of the best Nero songs

You mean k pop generals?

hey do you guys like music

Yes. Can we talk about that and not derail a thread?

To be fair, it is, but close. Do you wanna is one everyone forgets but it's my personal favorite. They need to return to DnB anyway

I'm actually an electronic music fan, dubstep is still babbys first bleeps for underage normies.

>If you don't like yesteryear's now dead fad genre that means you only like hipster garbage

OK, here's some actually good electronic music of various styles. I even chucked in one that goes partially under the dubstep umbrella, just for you.

youtu.be/DFpjlWNcswQ
youtu.be/gEQNAZGoZrw
youtu.be/zF86zwJ5EzY
youtu.be/qkTJTf7Yvk8
youtu.be/HkKtEB-NWNk
youtu.be/iJVYEUji3WU
youtu.be/dyIg2Nrab4g
youtu.be/RpZVPSCv79U
youtu.be/FkrpYllZcZ0

>here's some electronic music I like

Why can't you just accept people have different tastes and share the 150 threads on the board? If you want to talk about what you like, start a thread for it.

Where do you think you are? A dubstep subreddit might be more suitable for you.

And 9gag is much better for the shit you posted, I just don't go on about it

I'm cool with that

posting classics
youtube.com/watch?v=dA4EzDqsh7A
youtube.com/watch?v=fCZWJh_rodE
youtube.com/watch?v=iGdJrvskdv0
youtube.com/watch?v=Gtw9ZbZ7KJQ

Electronic is what I listen to the most probably, but I still dig dubstep
It just turned into a term for "electronic sounding song I don't like" after 2010 or so
It's a shame

The music you recommended isn't even dubstep. You sent over some jungle and Venetian snares. Also, I never said that your supposed to like dubstep. I was saying how retarded you sounded when you want to talk shit.

Also, dubstep isn't my favorite genre. DnB is

To be fair, the older songs in dubstep have lost their power. Unless your using really high quality speakers, they feel bland and almost repetitive. Even though this is what dubstep is, and same for electronic music, this never aged well

DnB aged well because the drums still felt good for their time, but the records used also give off nostalgia. I could listen to night flight and know when it was made, but stuff like skream and mala and coki feel less like they are

Just because it's primal and or fun to listen to it doesn't mean it has no redeeming qualities beyond that.

If this need me to justify this to you I'll start with every cultural revolution of the past 400 years starting at classical.

>dubstep is still babbys first bleeps for underage normies.
If only we were mature enough to appreciation the nuance of a female vocal sample repeating over a skeletal drum pattern for 6 minutes

If you have some kind of intelligent rebuttal for why /bleep/ is supposed to be more high brow music I'd be happy to hear it. Maybe person number 10,000 will surprise me with something other than an ambiguous whiteboy platitude

>OK, here's some actually good electronic music of various styles.
Yes, those are songs. What you failed to do is explain why any of this is supposed to be better.

Are you familiar with the term pseudo-intellect?

Reddit is the website for psuedo-adults that acts like they're better than mainstrem things but can never justify why the things they like are supposed to be better.

You're the redditor, boyo

burial is dubstep m8

I feel ya, I don't listen to much older style stuff anymore unless it's for chilling out or for nostalgic reasons.

throw some old school dnb my way if you have any, I wanna get into it
the only stuff I know from that era is like, early metalheadz compilations

DnB didn't age because there wasn't much to age. The genre is intentionally minimalist and nondescript

Still though, I beg to differ. It sounds like 90s/early 2000s edgy cheese (I imagine Sid from Toy Story would enjoy it). And modern producers are kind of aware of that, what flies over some people's heads is that it intentionally sounds juvenile and dated and works with that paradigm to make it interesting

Maximalist dubstep certainly clashes with the current cultural spectrum of obtuse tumblr hipsterism but so do lots of things. When you say something "aged badly" it usually means it represents the bad parts of that time period. Marvin Gaye didn't age badly because he sounds like he's from the 70s.

Namin namsayin

>DnB
> minimalist and nondescript

It's fast and angry but there's virtually nothing to it.

It's called "drum n bass". It's basically just a drum pattern that never changes or does anything interesting.

>basically just a drum pattern that never changes or does anything interesting.

listen to more DnB

I've heard a reasonable amount

If that's an objection to me saying it's bad I'm not, it really is just a very predictable genre

Jesus fucking Christ you guys.
Not listened to this shit in years.
This is one I remember.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjbCkRJq44
Seen these live and it was fucking awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=NclkSkS5h4k

I'd object to saying Untrue is a dubstep tune. straight up future garage. Though Burial has made actual dubstep
youtube.com/watch?v=RVvRtJNYZR8
youtube.com/watch?v=v27jdRub2GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vcd1f7JsEVQ

I am a dubstep expert AMA

youtube.com/watch?v=8Xv7CijRh3M

i feel like my dad saying this but this kind of low-effort sample-based DAW music fucking sucks. Why can't people play actual instruments anymore?

i feel like my dad saying this but this kind of low-effort electronic-based computer posting fucking sucks. Why can't people write with quill and parchment anymore and send their replies to Moot via carrier pigeon?

>implying dubstep and musical instruments are mutually exclusive

expand your fucking mind

youtube.com/watch?v=Zck3wHWKAvA

youtube.com/watch?v=XCpS0OZv2Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=o1qbmK7NzXk
wake up sheeple

>Was dubstep ever good?
>posts a bunch of EDM

someone please invent a time machine so I can skip summer

I use listen to dubstep all the time a few years back. Still love coming back to listen to them. Riddim is where its at now though.

youtube.com/watch?v=uPfHD2u1KFU
youtube.com/watch?v=yEpuq51ncNk
youtube.com/watch?v=pz8Kp_yELg0

Also, riddim.
soundcloud.com/crowell/crowell-skippy-robotics-vip-freebie

not a single dub posted on here
everyone ITT kys

everyone born '95 and above kys thnx

lol we're not posting dub you dumb boring purist oldfag

unless you want dubplates in which case you're an idiot because sharing dubplates unsolicited is a fucking nonce move

if you mean anything else by 'dub' then i dunno what the fuck you mean unless you're trying to turn this into a get thread

Anybody remember some Dubstep track with some choral vocals or something, had an "epic" feel to it,
probably was some corny shit but I used to listen to it when I was 12 and can't remember what it was

back2reddit my man

skrillex my guy

>old school
>2011-2012

FUUUUUUUUCK

>Nero
>"old-school dubstep"

You have to be kidding.
It reeks of americans in here
youtu.be/rNStVlJWy88

/bleep/ doesn't discuss brainlet music like Dubstep and IDM though

Its just one rocktard who thinks all of Sup Forums should be out of date geetah muzak and the wider more varied electronic range of genres should be in just one thread