I've never seen 24 but a lot of people recommend it to me

I've never seen 24 but a lot of people recommend it to me.

Is it worth getting into? It's pretty lengthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dEhtlBpZzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>lengthy

You're not going to do anything important in that time anyway, retard.

I'm almost at the end of s1 and it's pretty boring, not many interesting characters, not many qties either, but i heard it gets better in the next seasons. Despite it being one of the most serialized shows out there, it's not really bingeable because it's just not that interesting.

If you're going to waste time anyway, it's preferable to watch something that's actually good.

i never finished it. what i did watch was kind of meh

i think i got midway through season 3 and just never bothered finishing it. the first season was alright though.

>not bingeable

Nigga you retarded. It's made to be binged

I liked it when the show gets into the ramifications of Bauer's wild actions instead of just being the "Jack Bauer kicks ass" show.

Plot-wise the show always has at least one ridiculous logic hole each season. Usually more, but a lot of times it goes at a fast enough pace that you don't notice it immediately.

Absolutely, it's fantastic. Take your time with it because you'll miss the experience after it ends. Take a break between some seasons because if you binge it all, it can become a bit formulatic.

The later seasons are definitely way better. There's some really heavy shit in some of the later seasons and some of those scenes are fucking hard to watch.

Man, these replies are fucking useless to you OP. Here's the only things you need to know:

The show was groundbreaking for it's time, and there are some great badass and truly dramatic moments. However overall the show is stupid and gets more and more repetitive/worse as it goes on.

I'd say you should DEFINITELY watch the first season. If you like it watch seasons 2 and 3 as well. The end of 3 is an excellent stopping point for the series. If you are absolutely hooked and can't fathom not watching more, then watch seasons 4 and 5 as well. Season 5 will anger you but it is quite excellent at times and it won a bunch of emmys. Literally everything after 5 is complete trash. If you watch any season after 5 you are an idiot.

season 2 and 5 are goat

>I didn't like the show that much so everyone here is wrong
>however I am right

Season 6 is widely regarded as the worst. Season 7 is really good apart from few hiccups. Season 8 can get dull at times, but has stretches of some great episodes. Live Another Day is legitimately one of the best seasons.

S1 is pretty weak tbqh.

i liked s1 more than the others because s2 has joaquim de almeida in it and i can't fucking stand him anymore. he plays the same drug dealer character in everything

It has baby Jack though.

I'm pretty sure that's S3, and literally only S3 at that so I don't know why that would make you prefer S1 to S2/S4 onwards.

The first 12 episodes of season 1 are the only part of the show that treat themselves seriously, and stick to the real time gimmick. The first half of season 1 is a masterpiece. Remove the amnesia bit and the second half of season 1 comes close as well. Anyone who disagrees that the first season is the best is a fucking moron who is only watching for explosions, gun battles and le epic twists. The smaller scale, more realistic take on the show is by far the better version of 24. Once it was about stopping nukes going off every season it becomes retarded.

The only reason I hate S6 is because of how shittily Curtis' death was handled. The nook was great tbqh.

>DO YOU LIKE POLITICAL THRILLERS WITH 9/11 ANGST
>DO YOU LIKE KIEFER SUTHERLAND
>DO YOU LIKE SHITTING OVER POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

IF ALL YES WATCH

>SHITTING OVER POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to with this, the show had plenty of good guy Muslims to make up for all the terrorists if that's what you mean.

I hope Designated Survivor isn't totally shit.

What's wrong with that? There are plenty of decent Muslims in real life.

Did anyone have a harder life than Tony?

But it still recognized Islamic terrorism as the most prevalent threat.

yes. season 1 is different from the rest

Nobody has a harder life than Jack.

Even now when he's relatively at peace, he's getting tortured by Russians daily.

I'm pretty sure everyone except the most lunatic fringe know that in the modern day most terrorists are Islamic. Even SJWs know this otherwise the phrase "not all Muslims are a threat" would have no context.

It will be. The premise isn't designed to go on for more than one season. It just feels like a cash-grab in time for the election.

Kiefer will be great as always.

If you get bored by side stories like his daughter's or his girlfriend's shenanigans, you can watch them in fast forward or skip.
Apart from that and the "AMERICA IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD" propaganda that can get tiring at times, this is the best action-thriller series i've watched.

b-but did you know
>references a school shooting or an abortion clinic bombing 30 years ago

J Bauer's so a problem attracter it's getting boring
avoid J Bauer at all cost
whatever the hour of the day

>it's a Jack works for the terrorists episode

>good guy Muslims
> gun shop owners who fought off guys with jack
>guy who died outside phonebooth
>ctu bitch
Anymore? I don't remember

From what I've recall, the USA propaganda wasn't especially prevalent. The show was more of a "good guys vs terrorists" than "USA vs terrorists". Also the government had some major issues in this show.

the 2nd half of season 1 is garbage. And not just because of the amnesia. Jack spends a big bulk of the 2nd half at CTU, with literally nothing interesting going on.

The first 12 episodes are great though.

>It's a "Jack wins in an frontal assault against 6 men in a better tactical position" episode

>Jack's girlfriends

Oh god, I fucking hated Audrey. Why that bitch got so much screen time is beyond me.

youtube.com/watch?v=_dEhtlBpZzw

I'm guessing he means the US is generally portrayed as the good guys in comparison to the other countries in the show, like how the Chinese Ambassador was killed because apparently he was too stupid to understand running in front of bullets is a bad thing rather than, say, an escalated hostage situation or something which makes Jack and co. more culpable in his death, but I don't get what he's expecting from a show made in the US. I bet if China made a show like 24 they'd have a plot point about how it's important to censor media to preserve stability of the country and the government only does it to protect people or some shit.

CUTE

5>9>3>7>2>1>4>8>6

Hopefully it's shit so Kiefer goes back to 24.

>it's a Jack shoots civilians episode

>the ending of S3

Jack...had a hard life

S3 was great. The part where Chapelle can't bring himself to pull the trigger is really fucking hard to watch. He goes so fast from being that by-the-book boss who grates on you to a guy you feel really bad for.

>you will never hug Jack as he cries on your shoulder

Gave up season 2

I dont care about jacks fucking cunt daughter randomly walking into nuclear shelters

just skip it

that's what i did with most of the drama bullshit scenes

ill get back to it soon

All the Kim Bauer stuff in S2 was ridiculous, I don't get why they thought wasting time on her like that was a good idea instead of working her into the plot somehow.

This. That shit was gut wrenching. Paired with the Mexican Cartel plot to start the season, definitely up there as a top 3 season.

Well she wore a tight shirt with no bra for one shot, that's something at least.

Depends on what you are looking for. Its the only action focused drama/thriller with good production values to ever grace television screens with its presence. By no means 10/10 but its really good at what it does and i personally love it.

Because muh human side

The real 24 starts at season 2.

MAGIC CARPET RIDE STARTS PLAYING

> tfw no merc for hire waifu
why even live

>not posting the superior Nina

Lads, when is the blu-ray boxset coming out?

>it's a the bad guy gets caught and wants a deal before he'll talk episode

> jack tortures him anyway

Season 1 is weak if you see any of the other seasons first.
The biggest complaint with the show isn't that, its the heavy pushing of the idea that torture is always necessary and is 100% effective when done by a government official if they do it long enough. That theme is found in every season regardless of the race or religion of the enemy

Jack enjoyed that shit a bit too much.

>he will never be your president

I'm still mad about how he went out.