Nothing will ever replace this at the apex of the IMDB Top 250

>nothing will ever replace this at the apex of the IMDB Top 250

Why are there so many plebs in this world?

Other urls found in this thread:

slantmagazine.com/film/review/the-shawshank-redemption
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying it isn't a top tier movie

>Implying it should be anywhere near the top 250 films ever made
It shouldn't

>Implying it is.
It's just a run of the mill drama. Plebs love it because it's a feel good movie with Morgan Freeman. It's not bad, but there's nothing exceptional about it.

I think it's good there but what the fuck.
>Return of the King higher than Fellowship of the Ring
>The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly higher than A Fistful of Dollars
>Schindler's List and Pulp Fiction even there at all

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is better than A Fistful of Dollars

>>Return of the King higher than Fellowship of the Ring
>>The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly higher than A Fistful of Dollars
those are correct

It's not better than For a Few Dollars More or Once Upon a Time in the West, though.

TGTB&TU runs way too slow and has so much unnecessary shit. RotK is in no way superior to FotR.

Wrong. Plebs love it because it was shown constantly on AMC and marketed on the channel as an all-time American classic around the time the IMDB Top 250 went up for the first time. You literally cannot refute this.

Well then what should take its place?

>inb4 black and white silent experimental French cinema

Synecdoche, New York

It's a 9-10/10 movie,if you disagree you are huge faggot.Maybe you think they are better movies but Shawshank is very good movie and arguably deserves the top spot.

pleb

slantmagazine.com/film/review/the-shawshank-redemption

>according to IMDB, The Help is better than Fanny & Alexander, Throne of Blood, and High Noon

life is suffering

>slantmagazine.com/film/review/the-shawshank-redemption
tl;dr I don't give a fuck about your special snowflake opinion

>according to IMDB, Deadpool is better than 8 1/2

just end it

>according to IMDB, Spotlight is better than Mad Max: Fury Road

I don't want to live in this world anymore

>according to IMDB, The Force Awakens is better than Tokyo Story

there are actually millions of people who take this list seriously

>according to IMDB, 88 of the top 100 films ever made are in the English language

gas the plebs, kino war now

I'm too lazy to count the number of movies from after 2000.
Sure there is some kino after 2000 and there will be kino in the future but it looks like half the movie there are from this period.

It's because the vast majority of people who vote are entry-level plebs who have only seen films from this century and whose knowledge of non-English language films only consists of Studio Ghibli, City of God, the Intouchables or whatever it's called, Amelie, and some Kurosawa.

I want summer to be over already so the contrarian edge lords would fuck off for another 10 months.

Fistful of Dollars is literally a Yojimbo ripoff.

only reason I hate this film is because Morgan Freeman is so fucking over rated now

he's in every fucking movie and plays the same type of character

like comedy movies who the fuck cares about character but it's almost like a wilhelm scream that breaks the immersion when I see this smug old nigger

IMDB top 250 is a joke.

>it's a Sup Forums tries to be contrariness episode

>The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly higher than A Fistful of Dollars
I can't let this go. Good the Bad and the Ugly has such an epic scale with so many awesome characters. Fistful is still 10/10

This guy knows the deal

You're dumb if you think this movie doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

You're dumb if you think this movie is the greatest ever made

Everything new is way overrated on IMDB. It would be easy to fix. Invalidate votes made immediately after release gradually, maybe first three or five years post release.

That would be dumb though if we weren't allowed to rate movies until 5 years after watching and can't even remember them anymore.

>it's a person with a tenuous grasp of the english language tries to be a memeing shitposter episode

>any other LOTR movie better than FotR

kys normie

dont worry, bvs will be eventually the first one

>to be contrariness

Elimination of old votes should be made gradually, start invalidating oldest votes at about decade after release.

It takes time for movie to become a classic. How movie is seen immediately after release with massive hype going on is way different from how it's seen just few years later, not to mention few decades.

There are movies that were seen as trashy B-westerns immediately after release like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Now few decades later it's regarded as classic. Then there are movies that were praised when released and just after few years aren't seen anything special. How movies age is often quite random. Some remain relevant and others don't.

>That review

Jesus Christ you can feel the smugness radiating off the screen.

It's just about perfect, completely fine with it being number one.

TDK

even numale tomatoes cant deny it

TDK is good for capeshit.... it shouldn't be even close to top 10. Maybe in top 100, but even that is probably too high.