Hey /b

Hey /b
>been playing guitar for 4 years
>been playing on shitty line 6 amp
what are some good affordable amps/stacks for something like a 90s death metal or 80s thrash metal sound?

you don't need it.

just take acid and play on your line 6. you'll be just fine, m8

He,s kinda got a point.
I play Marshall + Stratocaster

Maybe get like a good distortion pedal and hook it up to that amp

Marshall JCM is the only way to go

Peavy 6505 MH with 2x12 cabinet. Great tones for 80's and 90's deathmetal. It runs about $1000 on sweetwater for the combo but it's well worth it.

just google your favorite bands equipment

Orange Tiny Terror with a nice cab will do you just fine.

Bass player an I had one each, me the tiny and him the bass terror on the road with us for years, never used anything else.

>a 90s death metal or 80s thrash metal sound?

You can achieve this sound by unwinding all of your strings, snapping the neck at the base and putting your guitar in the trash

how do i get good at guitar? i have been playing for 8 months i know how to play a view riffs and songs, chords and the positions of the minor pentationc, what to do to become actually musical

How do you think? Practice. Keep playing, find your style and go with it. Don't try to be like any specific player.

Keep doing what your doing. Doesnt happen overnight

Learn scales. Try to listen to music and to play along. Stop listening to music that is destroying western civilisation (anything after 1990)

Sory for bade englishe wat is guitra?

thats how it was for me in the begining. I never learned songs just shit loads of riffs. if i were you id start to build up finger dexterity, its much more helpful in the long run.

after 2000 some stuff came throughout the 90s that were good

what is the best practice routine though? i only fuck around most of the time and practice licks but it feels like everything i improvise sounds the same
Most of the stuff i listen to isn't after 1990 but saying anything after that sucks is an overstatement

whether this is b8 or not, thats the ultimate fuck up. that would be 95% gain

>Practice. Keep playing
fuck that noise, way too hard

SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

Underage B&

Mesa, quit bating around with shit amps. And get fast with drop D tuning

Line 6 has some pretty good amps

/thread

get a peavey 5150 or 6505. literally the definitive sound for what you're looking for.

dont get a meme amp like an orange.

>90s death metal
>or
>80s thrash metal sound?
You play nothing but djent, dont you? Dont lie.

Learn to improvise it all together. Blues helps.

This. Dual rectifier is the best.

OP you're looking for a Peavey 6505.

Judging by your price range i'd probably go with the 6505mh mini head, or the 6505 combo amp.

If you're not about it, look into the orange tiny terror and dark terrors.

And not that it really matters but that 90s death metal sound is most likely a boss hm2 pedal with every knob maxed. They're discontinued and not easy to find, but any of the above amps will get you a good tone.

Boss Katana
Name another better amp for the price
>protip: you can't

Thx user, personally play a Mark V, but the growl is still all good with a rect.
Seriously OP, spend good coin on a good amp...else you will always miss out.

nope, can get enough of death, obituary, cannibal, exodus, testament, ect

OP, dont listen to these faggots unless you wanna be a fucking cuck and get your ass beat for being a dick smoking swishmeister.

Go to your local guitar center or whatever the fuck you have and treat yourself to one of these bad motherfuckers, then try not to drown in pussy as you make your way through the parking lot to your car as you leave

maybe the marshall code 25, i couldnt figure it out at the shop, but the katana does have a nice sound imo

>entry level bands
I was wrong, youre exclusively metalcore

Fitz's ass plugs sound better than that come on...

PEAVEY