The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy...

The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world. This is using what's called an empiricist approach, or an approach that relies on information from your senses. Alternatively, when using Descartes' method of Cartesian doubt to skeptically view the world around us, one quickly finds that the notion of a spherical world is the theory which has the burden of proof and not flat earth theory.

Perhaps the best example of flat earth proof is the Bedford Level Experiment. In short, this was an experiment preformed many times on a six-mile stretch of water that proved the surface of the water to be flat. It did not conform to the curvature of the earth that round earth proponents teach.

Many other experiments demonstrating the lack of curvature in the earth may be found in ''Earth Not a Globe'', by Samuel Rowbotham.

So the basis of your "science" is how you feel?

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

______FLAT PENIS______

SLIP IT IN LIKE A CREDIT CARD

FLAT PENIS!

What if I've actually been on an around-the-world flight?

Then you were drugged and brainwashed during the flight to believe something that isn't true.

Because there's a big great conspiracy to make us believe the world is round for /reasons/

The most commonly accepted explanation of this is that the space agencies of the world are involved in a conspiracy faking space travel and exploration. This likely began during the Cold War's 'Space Race', in which the U.S.S.R and USA were obsessed with beating each other into space to the point that each faked their accomplishments in an attempt to keep pace with the others supposed achievements. However, since the end of the Cold War, the conspiracy is most likely motivated by greed rather than political gains. Thus opening up a tremendous amounts of funds to embezzle as it only takes a fraction of the total budget to fake space travel.

In light of the above, please note that we are not suggesting that space agencies are aware that the earth is flat and actively covering the fact up. They depict the earth as being round simply because that is what they expect it to be.

You're fucking retarded. The greek figured out the world was a sphere in their time.

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The sun acts like a spotlight and shines downward as it moves.
When the sun is further away from the North Pole, it's winter in the northern hemiplain (or hemisphere) and summer in the south.

The earth isn't pulled into a sphere because the force known as gravity doesn't exist or at least exists in a greatly diminished form than is commonly taught. The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way. It is constantly accelerating upwards being pushed by a universal accelerator (UA) known as dark energy or aetheric wind. This acceleration does not violate physics and according to Einstein's theory of special relativity, we can accelerate forever without reaching the speed of light.

There are also other theories of flat earth thought that maintain that the earth sits on an infinite plane, with the sun moving overhead. Gravity works much like it does in a round-earth model, and the earth will never form into a sphere because the plane is endless.

See?

It's a huge conspiracy for /reasons/

Are you believing the earth is flat, unironically?

People in middle ages didn't belived in flat Earth. We knew that it was round since 2 century BC.
Fuck you and your /x/ bullshit. Let's roll waifus.

Could you please state those reasons?

Pls cowgirl

There are three proofs Aristotile gave for the rotundity of the earth. They are:

1. Ships appear to sink as they recede past the horizon

2. The shadow on the moon during a Lunar Eclipse is round

3. The southern constellations of the night sky appear to rise as you travel southwards

All of which can be explained by the flat earth model as well.

1.This finite distance to the vanishing point is what allows ships to shrink into horizon and disappear as their hulls intersect with the vanishing point from the bottom up. As the boat recedes into the distance its hull is gradually and perceptively appearing closer and closer to the surface of the sea. At a far off point the hull of the ship is so close to the sea's surface that it is impossible for the observer to tell ocean from hull.

2. The round shadow can also be created by a spherical plane.

3. That is to be expected with the stars being only about 3100 miles above the surface of the earth. As you travel southwards you are changing your perspective in relation to the stars and earth.

I'm a retired astronaut you greasy nigger kill yourself

the mods suppress this information, I just got off a 3 day ban for posting a flat earth thread even though the governments clearly covering up the flat earth is clearly political.

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

PENIS

PENIS

PE

PENIS

PO

______FLAT PENIS______

SLIP IT IN LIKE A CREDIT CARD

FLAT PENIS!

OP already did. It's because of reasons.

PROTIP: He has no legitimate reasons for a global flat earth conspiracy

Ha! Enjoy your regular-ass human, you looser!

rollin on the 2d flat waifu table hoping rngod brings me some nice curvature

Then why does it look round? Look down upon Plains from a mountain top and it looks round. Like seriously how are these people not believing both their eyes and logic?

George Bernard Shaw thought the USSR was a paradise based on a Potemkin village they set up for his visit

Gimme some PUSSY

EBIN

>In the middle age, people believed the earth was flat
WRONG

>being a globefag
>in the current year

lmaoin at you sheeple right now 2bh

Okay smarty pants then how come if you fly an airplane continuously in a line from LA to Beijing, Beijing to Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv to London, London to Atlanta, and Atlanta to LA, then you end up back where you fucking started? Do you just magically teleport once you get to the edge of the "spherical plane"?

Sounds like a bunch of pseudo-science bullshit a couple of rings up on the stupid ladder than the moon landing denial but at least a step or two below the reptilian overlords from the center of the earth shit.

Fuck you, OP.

aight let's do this

Magnetic north is in the center of the flat earth model, you're doing a circle around the center.

I'm not even an actual flat earther, but you're an idiot if you think this isn't already explained.

We've known the Earth is round for more than 2500 years.

Henry Rollins.

i will worship my guardswoman's pussy, tits, asshole, and armpits every night!

The bible doesn't even say the earth is flat. This is just plain replacement theology. Just like Islam and the Big Bang theory and evolution (the truth being the Great Flood made the strata).

So what's the explanation for all the other planets that are very clearly round
Why would ours be different

One thing I never understood about this conspiracy is what the benefit is for governments to cover up flat earth.

Also, there are flights, everyday, that go across the earth. Where is the break off for the edge of the planet if planes have been avoiding it for all this time?

Rollling

Reroll

So then where is the south pole? Is antarctica like the crust of the pizza and earth is everything else with the north pole being dead center?

I'm new to this concept don't patronize me, but it sounds fucking stupid but I'm giving you a chance to explain yourself. At least post a picture. No I'm not googling that dumb shit myself either.

can't pass on a roll

Rollin' for fapfodder.

>spherical plane.
So... a sphere.

fuggin reroll

COME ON

Airlines are all in it
Everyone who's ever been on a plane and documented cross-global travel is in on it
The stewardess handing out peanuts is FUCKING IN ON IT

why was I sure this would be an american OP before confirmation?

The motive for 'The Conspiracy' is unknown (unlike the existence of 'The Conspiracy', no specific motive necessarily follows from the FET) and as such it is open to speculation. However, financial profit is the most commonly assumed motive.

'Profit'

Usually considered to be the most likely motive, this suggests that NASA is primarily an embezzlement front. The conspiracy spends millions of dollars in bribing astronauts, faking photographs, and other ways of faking space exploration, but NASA's budget is in the billions, so the conspirators still receive a large profit yearly.

'Not hiding anything at all'

It is also possible that NASA does not actually know that the earth is flat and since its inception has simply been faking the concept of space travel, never bothering (or unable) to go any farther than the edge of the atmosphere. The earth is portrayed as round in NASA media because the general public already believes that it is round.

NASA is mistaken about the earth's shape, just like many others are, and reflect that mistake when putting together its fake space missions.

'Military dominance'

The US Government and its European allies have a large interest in investing untold millions of dollars into hoaxing space travel because it gives a superior image to the rest of the world. Once a country has the technology to reach orbit it can also scare off aggressors and send ICBMs raining down on its enemies at the push of a button. Creating the illusion of space travel is critical to national security of a first-world nation, whether it is actually possible or not.

>Is antarctica like the crust of the pizza and earth is everything else with the north pole being dead center?
Yes, that's what they claim.
>at least post a picture
Try actually lurking the thread mong >don't patronize me
Don't make retarded arguments from ignorance like a fedora tipping atheist youtuber.

None of this makes any sense, and does not explain why it's fortuitous to convince the world of a lie.

second to last post from me;

Why did you begin beleiving the earth was flat? I'm not asking you about the information you learned after you started believing and this might be hard for you to answer accurately because the brain has a habit of re-writing memories to suit its worldview, but honestly, what was the moment you began favoring flat earth as plausible?

The moment you began favoring it as plausible is the moment your bias towards its truth began. This is the moment where contradictory evidence begins getting rejected in favor of information which is pleasing to hear, information that supports your worldview as successful and in turn promotes an image of success in yourself.

So from this and what you are saying if we are to assume you are not a troll, the following is what I think I know from you so far:

>you do not live or work in an environment that relies upon your knowledge of physics and/or geometry being correct
>nothing in your life is dangerous or requires an serious measure of responsibility so your critical thinking is impaired
>you have too much free time and too much safety so your amygdala is atrophied and you spend all your time on the internet surrounding yourself with dumb shit like this
>you have few friends and colleagues whether it's because you're a socially inept fuck or because you're so militant about the ideology you've invested time into that you isolate yourself from "non believers"

you paint yourself as the kind of retard that would join a group of other retards to further reinforce your own personal beliefs both inside yourself and onto other people, but for all I know you're just trolling.

If you're not trolling though,

uh its not a perfect sphere either dipshit

here I go

Read Stefan Molyneux's Universally Preferable Behaviour, or at least the first ~20-25 pages.
You must not trust your senses about everything - you must derive little truths from them and build the great ones based on hundreads of those, rather than giving a random bunch of these a second meaning which you call true, then discarding any new little truths which go against that second meaning.

This is a new one.

>Read Stefan Molyneux

gotta reroll!

Need Tittymonster pls

Why not just fly in a straight line for this argument? I'm not a flat earth faggot but moving up and down along longitudinal lines is dumb.

If you started in new york and flew in a straight line east you would end up back in new York on a sphere and fall off on a plane.

the following goes to everybody else: Outside of amusement don't bother with this turbonigger because he lives a life that affords him to just believe whatever the fuck he wants with no consequences. He sits around all day just coming up with shit that makes him unique and against the grain because he's turned people disagreeing with him into justification for his beliefs which is funny, but the lack of actual danger towards him for his beliefs is what drives him to be controversial for without opposition he gets no validation for his belief that the world is flat as it impacts absolutely nothing in his day to day life beyond people calling him retarded.

It's kind of like how gays still married women and had kids back when they were murdered in this country for buttfucking other guys, and now they invent reasons for people to get hostile with them by being overly obnoxious obscene and offensive.

What causes seasons? How come sun never goes down in the summer and never comes up in the winter?

It is not possible to travel in a perfectly straight line for very long without a navigational aid.

It's not even possible to drive down a long length of highway without turning the steering wheel left or right. Get in a car and see if you can drive down a long stretch of highway without turning the wheel left or right. It's a near impossible thing to do. And when it comes to planes, ships, helicopters, et all., no craft has the ability of traveling in a perfectly straight line without the operator adjusting the craft with regards to visual terrain, compass readings, or what have you.

When one navigates, hands on control is paramount. You wouldn't find a ship captain in New York pointing his vessel in the direction of London, turning on cruise control, and then taking a three week nap in the lower decks. Who knows where he'd end up.

Using a compass, gyrocompass, or looking at North Star as a reference for Eastwards or Westwards travel will take the navigator in a broad circle around the North Pole.

Could also be crazy. Remember how he mentions in the OP that you can just "feel" how the Earth is trying to tell you the truth about it's flatness?

The post made by a man who's never navigated on land, in air, or over water.

Because then he'd be IN ON IT

if space travel isn't a hoax, why would they lie about the challenger disaster?

>pro tip: no one is ever aboard "space shuttle flights"

>man has been in outer space
>man has landed on the moon

The moon is IN ON IT

Fair enough. What happens if I just travel South for ever. What do I see?
Also. How does a flat surface generatr the gravitational pull to keep us from floating off into space?
Finally, you said thr stars are 3100 miles above us. What are they? Is the Sun a Star? If not, what is it?

Could I get a link to the flatearther forum that you visit?

>muh feels: the ideology

>he's never been to space

>sheeple : the post

Think for a moment about how you get information to your brain.
>eyes
>ears
>taste
>touch
>smell

everything you cannot get plainly from one of these very basic instruments is an assumption, If you are knowledgeable and experienced assumption can become either intuition or feeling. Things like science and sticking to facts require discipline to not make assumptions in an attempt to live a logically truthful life, if you gain knowledge through this method then your assumptions become intuition. This is the very basis for our success as a species because if you made the wrong assumptions you died.

So in other words, because so few things kill us anymore, because there are too many of us for us all to be doing something important and full of responsibility, there are very few penalties for coming to the wrong conclusions on a large number of topics, something that is actively encouraged in today's world through praising of being "different". This is what degeneracy truly is, a form of play known only to those without a working survival compass. Without discipline in culture, degeneracy becomes rampant.

Alternatively, very dangerous people can gain a majority in a community and begin transmuting lies into truth by threatening anybody who disagrees with oppression and death, the old might makes right adage. This of course causes all kinds of damage in the intellectual community and I don't mean edgy fedora wearing redditors who read books on their ipad at starbucks.

oh shit I posted another two times now, shitposting is a strong compulsion.

if any of you fags get a kick out of flat earthers, you should have a trawl through NASA's instagram account. the picture comment sections are full of muslims calling them liars and spreading their "allah made the world flat!" nonsense.

You are right. Also rolling

>What happens if I just travel South for ever. What do I see?
Magnetic north is in the center of the earth according to flat earthers.

South = antarctica which is literally the entire outer circle of the Earth. It wraps around.

>gravitational pull
I believe flat earthers claim gravity is a myth and it's actually meme magnetism.

>keep us from floating off into space
Even without the meme magnetism the claim is there's a firmament that covers the Earth in a dome.

>muh stars and outer space
Again supposedly a meme. The claim is that the Earth is all there is in the universe.

Lol roll.

>discipline to not make assumptions
discipline to not make assumptions as a conclusion

>77
Damn it, re-rolling

So... What's beyond the antractic crust?
Like. If I were to step off the edge. Or is the dome basically an invisible wall like in vidya?

>just travel South for ever
Forgot to add you reach the firmament. and literally the supposed edge of the world which is deeper in Antarctica.

Not sure how the flat earthers explain the fact that Antarctica used to be tropical though.

I understand all of that, but I still think OP is crazy and that the clouds, sky, and sun "talk" to him in his mind.

>Or is the dome basically an invisible wall like in vidya?
Yes that's the exact claim

NASA swoops in on you, takes to the Boeing HQ where the NSA, and the FBI brainwash you into thinking that you live on a sphere, then sends you back home.

If there's one thing worse than being so backward, it's being stubbornly backward

Oh and for good measure a Brit intelligence officer throws a crumpet at you while calling you a tosser.

>every other planet is clearly circular, can even see it with your own eyes

>earth is magically round

wew lad

Explain tectonic plate mechanics, flat earth retards

>All of which can be explained by the flat earth model as well.
More like made up reasons you use to attempt to just make everything work with your pseudoscience even if that means contradicting yourself

Globefags should return to r/atheism

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
t. Aristotle

earthquakes are a deep underground nuclear war going on between super advanced races of albino mole people

We entertain it just long enough to dismiss it as retarded
Which isn't very long but ho hum

>t.crumpet magnet

Unfortunately there are real people who actually believe this shit

does Hillary finance the flatearthers to make pol look retarded

nice shitpost in a shit thread.

sage

Everyone thinks you're smart and clever.

a billion people donate one dollar and they buy a rocket fly it up in space and bazinga round or flat earth

but no lets be neckbeards and shitpost on 4 chan

Too bad the same can't be said about you.

K