Why is this so over rated by music critics?

Why is this so over rated by music critics?

because they dont realize PG is better

you see the guy in the picture you posted? you are on his back

EPIC post friend

because stairway to heaven is worshipped by every dad and lewronggenerationer ever to walk the face of the earth. To be honest, 90% of music critics fall into one of those categories.

shouldn't you be polishing your Neutral Milk Hotel-themed mochaccino tray?

Their first album is clearly their best album.

my nigga

N-n-no u!
What's a mochaccino? I-is it b-bad?

10/10

It's Tori Amos favorite album and mine is definitely Way of stairs to the sky.

I don't think you got my joke:

the bundle of sticks on the man's back is called a FAGGOT. I called our OP a FAGGOT because FAGGOT also refers to homosexual behaviors. Therefore, I am implying OP is a homosexual FAGGOT without saying he is.

I feel like this album is deceptively appealing. You have the two opening tracks, the spastic rocker Black Dog and the conclusion of Chuck Berry's musical project Rock & Roll. Then you have the adventurous folk fantasy Battle of Evermore, with hard driving mandolins and two wailing vocals without ever falling into the category of rocker. Then there's the undeniable stairway, which is probably only hateable because of its overuse. Then you have Misty Mountain Hop, which is fun but mostly juvenile in melody, four sticks what had so much ambition and yet no actual concept, the beautiful ballad going to california, and the impossibly unique when the levee breaks.

All of these songs have appeal to some extent but when put under a spotlight they begin to falter. Black Dog's guitar is memorable but lacks a core, and both it and Rock and Roll suffer from Plant's vocals which had decayed from a hurricane to an angry chipmunk. Battle of Evermore loses its excitement upon a few listens where it becomes a melodrama, Stairway becomes bland, and Misty Mountain hop loses its excitement and turns into an annoyingly simple melody. With four sticks already uninteresting, the album concludes itself with only Going to California whose beauty persists and Levee, a song whose relative obscurity with relations to the Zeppelin catalogue leaves its massivity unmolested.

It is the seeming depth that the album presents that quickly becomes flat. It lacks the more thorough pastoral charm of III, the compellingly solid hard rock of I, and the progressive ambition it would again attempt on houses of the holy but not realize until Physical Graffiti. It is mediocre, but its ambition suggests quality to those who cannot tell a failed experiment from a successful one.

today joe rogan taught me about the origin of the word faggot. faggot was a term that meant a bundle of sticks. bundles of sticks were very awkward to carry and considered a burden, so people started using the term faggot to refer to women, because women are stupid. eventually they started using faggot to refer to weak men who were inept in one way or another, not because they used to burn faggots at the stake

this faggot on the cover of this gay album is carrying a large burden, thats what made me think of it and share this knowledge with you homosexuals

I've never heard PG in full, any hiccups I should be aware about before I drown myself in it later?

Physical graffiti has four errors.

The first is the rover which is a good but awkward rocker, where plant indulges too much in his chipmunk voice.

The second is in the light. Replace it with "everybody makes it through", if you can, because it cuts down the excessive length and replaces the drone with a much more compelling harpsichord piece.

The other two "errors" are more weaker tracks. Black Country woman is a much quieter piece but I think it's actually rather enjoyable the way it progresses, although it still is held in rather low esteem. The other is Boogie With Stu, a verbatim cover of a richie valens song that showcases the mandolin and some of plant's singing skills, but is mostly unremarkable. After those two songs you get the buried masterpiece Sick Again, so don't give up.

It's their best album, that or I.

bless your kind soul, stranger

CHECKED and KEKED my FRIEND

Well Houses of the Faggots and Trample Foot speak about love.

>1h20m
dropped

try listening to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness in one sitting for the first time, that shit was one tough nugget

Rumors say Led Zeppelin is heard by Zeus in the Olympus.

From Anglicans to Orthodox I must have conquer them all.

still haven't got to the 2nd disc, mate. And I love their first albums

disc two could easily be described by its 11th track.

Led Zeppelin II is better, everybody else is dumb and wrong

IV is the best possible balance between conceptual variation and solid riffs. it was a gesture across the aisle so that critics could correct their previous vehemently anti-zeppelin positions without losing face