"We have played seven more than [Chelsea], which is why it will be tough," said Guardiola

>"We have played seven more than [Chelsea], which is why it will be tough," said Guardiola.

>"Liverpool went so close [to the title] one year because they had one game a week and last year, for Leicester, it happened the same.

>"This time Chelsea and Liverpool are the ones."

bbc.com/sport/football/38439885?

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyacá_Chicó#Escudo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>liverpool

Poop is such a little bitch

damn... really made me think

Imagine thinking you are the best manager in the world while also looking up the amount of games your rivals played the night before your team plays so you have an excuse for when you need to address the fact you spend more than anyone else and are barely holding on in the title race

>poop whinyola

are you colombian?

>pep is reverting to mourinho tier excuses

Not even guardiola is free of the darkest timeline

well he's not wrong. There's a reason winning both the league and the UCL happens very rarely.

Yes, why?

> It's not fair that we, teams that clearly dominated the league last year, have to take responsibility over our success. We should have some garanties about unfairly keep dominating the league season after season

do you know if the castle from Boyaca' crest is based on a real place or is just an aesthetic thing?

Damn I havent been on spee in a while I didn't realize you could trigger the entire board with just peps name...the jealousy is hilarious

Jealousy? Nobody is jealous over Man City t the moment, mate.

Back to japanese-themed pokey bum wanks for you.

I mean clearly everyone except chelsea should be jealous considering city is second in the league

if you aren't jealous of that you're a shit fan

He's kinda right though.

He wouldn't have this problem managing a top club in Spain, Germany or Italy because the only teams capable of challenging for the title would be in Europe too.

What's more, in those countries, the league season is peppered with plenty of soft fixtures, so you can regularly rotate your squad in the league without comprising your title challenge.

Winning the Premier League while making it far in Europe requires unbelievable stamina from a top club.

Even if City only go out at the QFs of the CL they will have played 11 more games than Chelsea and Liverpool over the course of the season.

The difference in the demands placed on those teams' respective stamina levels could quite feasibly be around the 20% mark come the end of the season. That's not insignificant, especially at a level where the small margins play such an important role in success.

>playing three seasons in one season

I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me.

Shh don't you know you aren't allowed to make a rational argument based in fact on this Philipino flower identification forum

That's an oddly specific question. Apparently, yes, it's a real place

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyacá_Chicó#Escudo

This is a far cry from the days of Fergusons mind games. Poop doesn't have an army of sycophants in the media to back up his ridiculous comments like fergie did and so he will be made to look like a fool as a result.

>there are no easy games in the premier league

league shitposting aside you're kinda right though, and only a gibbering moron would consider second place in the prem in your first year of tenure a failure, just like only retards consider three consecutive CL semis a failure

He won't have to worry about those midweek games much longer.

>the league season is peppered with plenty of soft fixtures
both napoli and juventus had difficult fixtures right before UCL games

Not winning is absolutely failure. What kind of mentality is that?

thats neat

congrats, here have a medal

...a realistic one that gauges relative performance instead of exclusively giving merit to the one team that only won one more game than the runners up? a pragmatic perspective on why some teams continue to do well while others win a ship on luck then turn into nothing?

I can already imagine the unironically tribal retardation I will get in response

on this board simeone is better than pep

not that black&white. if you take a shitty/mediocre team to the semis for 3 straight years thats great but if you do it with a team that has played 3 finals in the 4 years before your arrival, you have little pressure from the league schedule past march and you fail spectacularly in those semis at pretty much the first sight of an elite team then it is a failure.

>mfw you're right

holy shit though it's actually true

thanks a lot

asked because I was searching for clubs' crests featuring real life buildings

5-3 to one of the greatest squads ever assembled and losing on away goals to the scummiest club ever founded is hardly failing spectacularly

pep screwed the pooch with real hard, no one denies that, but he also still got far enough for it to happen

Why are you people so retarded?
Didn't watch the match today but one watched practically every league match and they should be comfortably ahead, it is absolutely not his fault that those shitters can't finish for shit
Shame pellegrini didn't stay to see them midtable, fucking idiots are making me defend people I don't want to

School project?

Hahahaha good shit bro

Cheers

rate my dinner

working for free at a moderately relevant sportblog so I increase the chances of getting a job in local sport magazine

thanks

Based U.D.Salamanca

during the time Pep was in Germany there were 2 elite teams in europe other then Bayern: Real and Barca, and Pep lost to both of them spectacularly. 5-0'd by one, and never having a chance against the other over 180 minutes. and after that even their ugly cousin keked him as well.
> but he also still got far enough for it to happen
oh yeah, sorry for not giving him enough credit for getting past eternal r16 fodder arsenal and moyes united with a treble winning team.

F

> that fucking comunicaciones crest

lmao, telephone poles are buildings now?

You can add Antalyaspor to that list.

>No Liverpool FC

Are you even trying?

Looks like doodoo la tbqh

ro16 fodder like juve, the team that beat "one of the only other 2 elite teams in europe" to get to the final the year before?

my entire point is that you all exaggerate his failures because he wasn't able to get to the stage that exactly 2 teams are able to get to every year, and you've supported that. how many teams or managers get to the stage that exactly four teams get to, three years in a row? barca didn't even make the semis three times in that span

You can add 1.FC Köln (cologne) to that. Theirs shows the Köllner Dom

Thanks, even tho that image is outdated, I didn't catch that one

?

And then have next to week to rest players against shit tier serie a sides. No disrespect but the sheer amount of money and sway in the PL translates into a much more competitive league fixtures every week

>It's not fair that we, teams that clearly dominated the league last year
wat? afaik they barely made top 4

already got that one, the list is outdated

Pep's whining will be glorious after they get humiliated at Anfield this Saturday

>pep losing to klopp
haha

Klopp got a very good record against him and would've won more if not for refball.

Liverpool at their best is a different beast. Pep will be wishing he had never left Buyern

EXCUSES
EXPOSED

Literally no one disputes this though.
We're laughing at him because he's crying about the league being too hard, not because he's wrong.

Just confirming that Fergie was the GOAT manager and he has been just a hack managing monopolistic, stacked clubs in easy leagues

Red pill me on this image. Why is there so much air conditioning devices?

>he does it for free

>run a billion dollar budget
>make excuses

What a pathetic piece of garbage.

has pep been exposed?

>20%

where did you get this from?

Pep got exposed while he was at Buyern my obese friend

i mean the liver bird is a physical sculpture, theres 2 of them

He really is shit, I swear to god a monkey could manage the sides he did and win the league.

thanks

Like hell he's right, the pl is filled with embarrassingly shit teams and the only reason they are not easy games is that whoever is in charge of top teams transfers is an incompetent mong.

wtf, I love poop now

Eintracht Trier

Next year, when chelsea and liverpool are both playing champions league, and pep has 1 year and 3 transfer windows, this league will be much more competitive

thanks a lot, it's kinda difficult to search for lower division crests

>waah the league is too hard
>they tackle too much
>i wonder what messi is doing
>i wish i was at la masia doping 13 year olds

Based epLEL island monkey hoofball and broken legs league exposed this faggot hard

GG

Vitoria Guimarães might be another one, statue of our most based king on the crest.

They're third, Bob.

literally the most autistic post I've ever seen on Sup Forums

I laughed out loud after reading, cheers m8

>give club legend the boot
>replace him with shit player because he is familiar with passing the ball 5ft incessantly
>spent over £160m and all flopped
>insist style of play is more important than winning
>style of play is literally van gaal last year i.e. dogshit football
>rely on existing players to dig you out

I literally fucking hate him... He just manages the top team in a one team league or gets carried by messi and thinks he's good.

This. He inherited Jupp's perfectly oiled machine that just won the treble and then failed to win it again miserably despite running a half-a-billion dollar budget.

>tfw no Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Xavi and Messi to bail you out

While this is mostly true, Guardiola is still using it as a shit excuse.

The "there are no easy games in the EPL" excuse is bullshit, if you swap Empoli, Crotone and Pescara with Swansea, Sunderland and Stoke, Juventus would still walk their league. If you start your season with expectations to win the league and end up losing to bottom 10 teams more than a couple of times, you have clearly overestimated your team.

As far as the rotation part goes, this is clearly the fault of whoever is in charge of transfers, most likely Pep himself. You have almost unlimited funds and you know you will be playing in like 4 competitions. Instead of spending £100m on just 3 players (Stones, Sane, Bravo) and loan out their previous counterparts (Mangala, Nasri, Hart), you could build squad depth and not have to play a CB partnership of Kolarov and Fernando.

Look at Juventus, they had their depth sorted before going ahead and spending €90m on Higuain. Same for Bayern and Renato Sanches. Those teams can afford to rotate and still walk their league because they have players to rotate, not because the games are easier.

>Winning the Premier League while making it far in Europe requires unbelievable stamina from a top club.
Ferguson did it for years with a lot of below average players just because he had depth. Atletico reached a CL final and won their league while playing with 14-15 players all season. You don't need unbelievable stamina, you need depth and the right mentality. City lacks depth and its obvious that Guardiola isn't the right man to pass such a mentality to young money grabbing players like Sterling, Sane, Stones, even Aguero.

Probably a conservative estimate for the difference in the number of competitive games played. It can actually be a whole lot greater than that.

For example, Leicester City played 43 competitive games last season while Manchester City played 59. That 16 game difference is very significant, easily necessitates over 30% more stamina/squad depth.

Obviously Manchester City should have done a whole lot better regardless of that dimension because of the resources at their disposal in comparison to a team like Leicester but the point is somewhat relevant when it comes to a race between Manchester City and a side like Chelsea, where the gulf in resources isn't so vast.

>working
>for free

>For example, Leicester City played 43 competitive games last season while Manchester City played 59. That 16 game difference is very significant, easily necessitates over 30% more stamina/squad depth.

>let's ignore ManCity's billion dollar budget and ability to simply buy and sustain 2 almost equally good teams
>let's put ManCity and Leicester in the same basket

How pathetic are you?

>seven more than Chelsea
>isn't top of the league

Maybe you should have won those seven games you bald faggot

>he receives no monetary compensation

thanks

He literally addressed that issue in the sentence following the one you quoted:

>Obviously Manchester City should have done a whole lot better regardless of that dimension because of the resources at their disposal in comparison to a team like Leicester but the point is somewhat relevant when it comes to a race between Manchester City and a side like Chelsea, where the gulf in resources isn't so vast.