Summer of the flops

Most movies flopped this summer. What happened?

Normies found out about rotten tomatoes. They only see the top tier stuff.

TV is way better than film nowadays

People don't wanna see sequels to shit movies? Shocking.

>four sequels to movies no one asked for in the first place flopped

wow

Netflix

Entertainment in general is failing

its a long-con to make netflix overextend so they can be shut the fuck out when all the good movies come out next year!

and other things you can't type without laughing.

Steven was right

First one made 370m which was more then original 350 how is that failure?

With budget of 60m i say pretty okay good

which one ya dingus?

I usually go theaters every summer, my mom wondering why I haven't gone this year

What did he say?

>NYSM2

did you see how much it made? How much do a you fucking think it cost?

First one in picture nigger learn to read

What did he say?

>no you seem 2
>not "now you don't"

Anyway was this even a flop? It probably made more than BallBusters

nigger? well i never!

The budget for NYSM2 was 90m and it only made 65m domestic. Then the studio will only see half the domestic and around 35% of the international. So 65/2 + 251*.35 comes to about 120m, so unless they didn't spend a single penny on marketing, the movie only made 30m.

The first one actually did a lot better, 75m budget, 115m domestic, 234m international puts it at about 140m, so they almost doubled their money.

independence day was fun, they menaged to catch the cheesyness of the original

The collapse is coming because their expectations/budgets are too high

>around 35% of the international.

why do you retards believe this? You retards really think studios are spending 100s of millions to not make any fucking money on anything are fucking retarded.

Hollywood will never collapse. They have china. China has put about 5 billion in hollywood's hands this year alone.

Yes, you're right, there are no costs, taxes, or tariffs associated with international trade and theaters just hand the entirety of the ticket price to the studio.

35% is actually quite a liberal estimate, at that.

NYSM2 was saved by international box office because it didn't have a huge budget.

Rest of them were shitty sequels no one wanted and thus flopped

>was saved
If they spent more than 30m on marketing, the movie lost money.

Video games are the future of commercial media, video games grossed higher than cinema this year. In the future all the plebs will play video games while true patricians watch kino.

>video games are the future of commercial media
>AAA industry reporting worst sales of all time all over the place

uh huh

The original Huntsman was an abomination.
Independence Day was too cheesy and unnecessary, and even left room for a sequel which I hope to god doesn't happen.
Warcraft was a vidjuh game movie with little appeal to anyone anymore outside those few pathetic people who still play WoW and China apparently.
Ghostbusters was fucked from the start for obvious reasons.

Was a shit summer for movies desu, especially after last summer with Fury Road and Age of Ultron.

Then why do cancerous Sup Forumsedditors keep coming here looking for validation??

video games are just as fucked, literally 1 good game every couple years or so

btw, no man's sky

Thankfully, because of how wanda/china fucked over legendary, the warcraft cinematic universe is dead.

It's a reflection of the increasingly intelligent and sophisticated American audience that has been shifting to more patrician forms of cultural experiences such as attending local theater and symphony orchestra performances, reading classic literature and gathering in small family owned coffee shops to share personal art and poetry.

There is no way you typed that with a straight face.

Actual reason is the teenaged demographic doesn't want to leave facebook for nothing no more.

Reminder that people who think in terms of home boards are the true cancer that killed this particular mandala.

Most plebs love every AAA game

so no

So that explains why AAA sales are way down across the board.

>What happened
THEY DIDN'T FUCKING NAME IT "Now You Don't"

I actually have a pretty good poker face but my tongue was placed firmly in cheek.

most pleb loves capeshit, do you see it getting any better?

This. so far I've been pretty disappointed with the current gen of video games. Every game seems like a slightly shinier but slightly shittier version of a game I've already played & 60% of new releases are LITERALLY things I've already played because they're remasters. The only current gen game I've been really satisfied with so far was Alien Isolation and that came out like 3 years ago?

>Opening doors the game.

No that's Silent Hill.

dont forget waiting 10min in the same room becouse of the fucked up xeno AI
and when you think he's gone guess what, he comes back and so do you to your room
you live there now

No That's Doom

>wahh I keep dying the AI must be broken
I'll bet your controller is broken too right?

No that's Adventure Atari 2600

>dark souls sucker paying for unbalanced broken shit

Resident evil, lol got big grenade launcher and still need keys to unlock gazillion door to advance.

Yeah, Civil War just made a billion

is it enough to offset BFG & Pete's Dragon's losses?

Fewer people are seeing films.
All the films were shitty sequels/reboots that no one wanted. Who fucking wanted another Independence Day, Ghost busters or Hutnsman film?

Do you HONESTLY believe Disney gives a shit about 2 flops when they own the biggest franchise of all time and own fucking Star Wars?

last star wars made like 1-2 billion, they paid 4 billion for the IP so they're still in the whole

The star wars IP is so, so much more than just the movies user. They are probably still in the hole, but not nearly as much as you think.

are you implying Age of Ultron, Civil War, and The Force Awakens (highest grossing domestic movie of all time by a large margin) didn't dig them out?

Plus Finding Dory, Jungle Book and Zootopia.

They own Star Wars and will be making a SW movie annually for the next decade, maybe even more.

Disney isn't going anywhere, but Sony and Warner Bros are fucked.

You're right about how everyone besides Disney is losing money.

the delusion is almost beautiful

More bombs. More flops.

the current business model is not sustainable. Too many films with 150+ budgets. They can't all make 1 billion.

Plus too many shitty films no one cares about.

>flops
>no ghostbusters
>no suicide squad

reported for low quality shitpost.

Totally!

Disney is totally going bankrupt in a few years!

>waaah why don't all videogames pander to us casual? we must always be the target audience :^(((