I went from classic rock to IDM. From IDM to synthwave. From synth to power metal. And now I adore grindcore

I went from classic rock to IDM. From IDM to synthwave. From synth to power metal. And now I adore grindcore.
Tell me your music story, user.

From metal to everything except rap and country

Why dont people like country?

From Franz Schubert to Slipknot

>phases
>listening to one genre at a time
Plebs get off of this board please

It sounds absolutely in the same key. And texts are boring

Random shit my family listened to>Dubstep & DnB>meme rap and indie stuff>hardcore/punk>started listening to lots of metal

There was obviously lots of stuff in between but those were the general phases i went through as i started to get more into music

Bad music for bad people

from good alt-metal to grunge to bad alt-metal to extreme metal to rap

Simplifying it much: from punk rock to post-rock. From post-rock to progressive rock. From prog rock to techno. From techno to jazz.

I still listen to some prog rock, though. Never really had a metal phase, but I remember enjoying the first four Black Sabbath albums.

From everything except rap and country to exclusively country-rap

Went from 80's rock and metal, to nu metal, to emo, to metalcore, to deathcore, to death metal, to rap, to r&b, to folk, to krautrock

:-)

so, you betrayed everything you held near and dear to music. and for what?

I'm 32 and just got into rap

You're corny as fuck.

Sad part is, I actually know someone who got into rap at age 30

Top 40 Pop > Bohemian Rhapsody > Alternative Rock > Krautrock > Post Punk > Post Hardcore

Thrash Metal > Death Metal > DSBM> Melodic Hardcore> Retrowave> Vaporwave >...

From metal to rock. From rock to hip-hop. From hip-hop to jazz. And now I love classical.

From classical to jazz. From jazz to hip-hop. From hip-hop to rock. And now I love reggaeton.

from pop punk to metal to more metal to post rock

after that every genre i explored became an addition, not a phase

>adore

fag

I don't know which genre to listen to now

it's funny im really big on punk/hardcore/postpunk but i got into it the wrong way around

i was really into psychedelic rock as a teenager and then i got into noisier and noisier psyche until i got into no wave

from no wave i got into glenn branca and from that i got into early sonic youth and from sonic youth i got into hardcore punk

>8th grade, shitty brostep and one Nero's Day at Disneyland album that I found by accident and still love to this day
>enter some metal, taste in brostep deepens to non-skrillex
>lose taste in brostep, pick up zolo and slightly better metal
>go wikipedia-hopping, try Death Grips and what seemed at the time to be really weird music genres, try some Sunn O)))
>start really liking Death Grips, favorite band for a while
>enter Sup Forums
>"what the fuck is Merzbow?"
>get into Sup Forums-core
>get a lot deeper into prog
>get really into harsh noise and other post-industrial, pick up IDM and more breakcore
>pick up more experimental metal and generally just better metal, find Burzum and get into black metal, find Acid Bath and get into sludge metal, find Boris and jam to that
>get WAY into throat folk/rock, as well as noise rock
>brings us to now, I listen to just about everything, EVEN rap and country (though admittedly it took Ween to get me into country, and now I'm hoping they'll play Piss Up A Rope when I see them tomorrow)

>started listening Motörheas as a teen
>from there I went to, old classics like Sabbath and Judas Priest
>get into short Power-metal phase
>I want more aggressive sound
>Thrash metal it is
>reading something and randomly listening stuff from Youtube
>click on title track from pic related
>wow, this is different
>look up genre: Doom
>search for more
>listen more and more Doom
>brother recommends me Sleep one day
>listen the song Dragonaut, blown away, this shit's great
>insta buy the CD
>more and more Stoner
>stumble on Weedeater in /metal/
>this shit's great, start listening more Sludge, liking the more groovier songs
>searching music one day, just out of interest started listening Blues, specifically Chicago Blues
>liking it
>just out of interest start listening early Hard-Rock, proto-Metal bands
>go full grandpa-core and dig into 50s Rock'n'Roll
>now Crossover Thrash and little by little into Hardcore Punk.

Thing is, I've not abandoned any of the genres I've mentioned, nice to have some variety and my autismo phases to just certain genre dont last that long.

>>pick up more experimental metal and generally just better metal, find Burzum and get into black metal, find Acid Bath and get into sludge metal, find Boris and jam to that

Classic Rock>Nu-Metal>NME shit>Techno/House/Ambent>Sup Forumscore>Extreme Metal/Punk/Post-Punk>Industrial>A mix of all the aforementioned.

Hip-Hop and Country is fine too.

Classic rock -> new wave -> avant-garde metal -> neo psychedelia -> drone metal -> plunderphonics -> folk -> Russian folk -> slowcore -> Caribbean folk -> dub

I don't give a fuck about genres because all my favourite artists/bands are hard to categorize. So I just eventually stumble upon another artist/band I really like and add it to my repertoire.

>>>more
I didn't say I was an instant patrician, you fucking walnut

classic metal > early nu metal, NIN and post metal > early post hardcore and emo > Doom metal and Industrial > when I discovered spiderland i found my holy grial > Discovered Sup Forums > post-punk, IDM, industrial etc etc

punk rock
post-hardcore
art rock
pretty much everything but metal, jazz, and classical music
jazz and classical music

This but the other way around.

idm>rap>idm

Heavy Metal -> Thrash Metal -> Prog Metal -> (at this point I realize that I can appreciate all kinds of music) Stoner Metal -> Trip Hop -> Post - Rock -> Post- Hardcore -> Noise Rock - No Wave

punk>metal>neo-folk>industrial>experimental music>classical.

>grime
>rap
>garage
>dub-techno/ambient techno
>deephouse
>90's alt rock
>pre-90's indie
>post-bop jazz
>free jazz/avant garde jazz
>spirtiual jazz
>neo-folk
>avant garde folk
>industrial
>power noise
>post-industrial
>doom metal

sorta weird when i step back and take a look but hey im grateful to come across so many different styles of music that i really fucking enjoy desu.

Korn to Children of Bodom to Burzum to Aphex Twin to J pop to Touhou doujin music