Kurt Cobain said it's better to burn out than to rust out. What would it look like to "rust out?" Any ideas?

Kurt Cobain said it's better to burn out than to rust out. What would it look like to "rust out?" Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ilXWLqH0CFg
youtu.be/5pidokakU4I
lmgtfy.com/?q=famous solo bassists
hollywoodreporter.com/news/flipper-back-game-novoselic-101889
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The eagles.

Neil Young sang that you fukkin faggot- go die in your mommy's basement while listening to bieber.

Dave Grohl is cool.

Elton John.

Fuck man you had 2 good albums at best and you've been doing the same honky-tonk piano shtick where you just play basic chords in C and Am and everybody is just supposed to sit and pretend you're a genius because you're gay and wear crazy sunglasses.

Fuck Elton John.

A defeated man is rusted out.

Also that was Neil Young.

I don't respect Elton John because he plays gigs for people who are homophobes. Have a fucking spine man, you have enough money.

rolling stones shoulda disbanded after the 70's
pink floyd shouldve died before dark side of the moon

beatles as a band was a good example of burn out than to rust out, because all of the beatles solo albums were shit after they broke up

"It's better to burn out than it is to fade away" is the quote you're looking for, OP.

>Kurt Cobain said, "please don't kill me Courtney."
ftfy

>rolling stones shoulda disbanded after the 70's
If they had I would never have seen them.
They were good, even just a couple of years ago although Mick had very little idea of what was going on.
Running on instinct, I suppose.

Cringe

Krist Novoselic
Never makes any music or does anything anymore, justs coasts on his celebrity name recognition and lets the money roll in.

Good for them though. Don't quit because you're old. Quit because you're dead.

I got to see Dio, Motorhead, and Iron Maiden a few years back and it was fucking awesome.

dont get me wrong, the performances are still alright but i dont like the direction of their song writing after Goats head soup

>Never makes any music or does anything anymore, justs coasts on his celebrity name recognition and lets the money roll in.

Metallica, since Cliff Burton they tried many different methods of bondo, but they're shit.

I'm going to go ahead and count this as a hivemind.

They're also huge fucking faggots and sellouts to the kike record label and supported SOPA or whatever alphabet soup combination garbage they're trying to call it this week.

youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y

>Dio Dude, Lemmy's God Group and the Eddy band.

Fuck yeah man, me too.

Never forget Napster died over this bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=ilXWLqH0CFg

Hi!

hes a politician. he jammed with paul mccartney

better to burn out than to fade away, its a reference to a neil young song, kid.

Hey hey, my my.

the who

You should call him. I'm sure that he cares about your opinion.

I don't respect people that commit suicide.

Fuck him.

Awww... and I'm sure he so fucking cared about your approval, assfucker who wasn't alive when he died anyway.

>Paul McCartney

He was massively insecure and beta. He basically had to beg to get his record released.

I love Zeppelin, but in glad they packed it in after bonzo checked out.

Beatles killed the Beatles

Eagles killed the Eagles

And so on and so forth.

Kurt cobain was murdered by Dave grohl

falling for the entry level bait this hard

He was the original Edge Lord

>What would it look like to "rust out?"

A whole lot like your pic OP

Every hit song is done in three chords. Who gives a fuck? It's genius to be able to make those two or three chords into something you'd like to hear.

If you can make just two albums full of good music, you're a genius in my eyes. This coming from a musician who tried for 10 years.

Like a bassist anywhere can actually make anything good on his own. Literal background characters.

The band or the football team?
either way, they suck dick.

Ok

>Every hit song is done in three chords.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Okay
youtu.be/5pidokakU4I

You fucking autist - He was quoting def leopard

Elton John is trash. Just because you are also trash, apparently, it doesn't make him any better

kek please don't tell me you just used the axis of awesome to try and prove that point
at least 80% of the songs exampled in that are complete dogshit and are nothing close to what is classed as a "hit"
you fucking idiot

Better resolution? I can't read shit

If you think good music is as simple as learning a few open chords and writing songs like fucking Oasis or Green Day then you are a simpleton and I thank the lord that your "musician" career never took off. Bullshit like that is for the dinosaurs and the is the reason guitar music is now dead on its fucking arse.

>Kurt Cobain
Stopped reading there. Cobain is for fucking homo faggots

cool before and after pic
Damn he does not age well

Mr Gordon Sumner has done pretty well as a bassist on his own.

Just call him "Sting" faggot.

... also anything after "Brand New Day" is garbage.

also sting chooses to play bass - he's a multi instrumentalist.

Like any other genres are really different? Throw heavy distortion on pretty much any metal song they're all the same recycled pieces of shit. Every hit song 90s - now

No i think all music is easy to make. The genius comes from arranging that simple shit into catchy tunes. If you're going to sit there and argue it isn't you're just a naive or ignorant simpleton. Maybe both.

Hey we got ONE if you can even call him a true bassist.

The only exception being thrash metal solos or old metal solos

lmgtfy.com/?q=famous solo bassists

As I said, you're a dinosaur and you are part of the problem of why guitar music is now dead on its arse. Guitar music, like any other genre, needs to evolve or it dies. "Arranging simple shit into catchy tunes" is for commercials and supermarket music. Real music has moved on and it certainly isn't just strumming 3 open chords on guitar while singing some cliche melody.

This

>"Arranging simple shit into catchy tunes" is for commercials and supermarket music
So what you're saying is that for guitar music to come back - it needs to not be catchy? You need to listen to it, and not be hooked by it in anyway?

Fucking hell this is depressing.
Look kid, I realise that every style of music has its time. I'm not knocking the simple punk bands of the 70s and 80s or the indie guitar bands of the 90s etc. etc., but have you not noticed how manufactured pop acts are now successfully mimicking all of the things that used to make bands of yesteryear any good? Everything has been reproduced and churned out until it doesn't mean anything anymore. Long gone are the days of writing a simple 3 chord tune with a catchy melody and becoming the next Oasis (or whoever). Once the mainstream takes a formula and reproduces it, its fucking dead man. And that isn't being hipster or edgy or whatever you want to call it. It just means that the mainstream dilutes a genre and fucking ruins it. Music needs to evolve, it needs fresh ideas and fresh sounds to continute to be interesting. Guitar music is still stuck in the dark ages because of stupid fucks like you still trying to write the next Wonderwall.

lol. This site is crazy. Do you have to make an account to like or upvote or do you not do that here??? If not how does stuff get to the front page?

>literally this

There are literally like, hundreds of different avenues to find new music. I mean, have you heard of Hiatus Kaiyote? Snarky Puppy?

You sound like you sit around waiting for someone to hand music to you.

After Altamira, all is decadence.

Run while you still can

I'm fucking around. Haven't been by in awhile. Carry on.

Yeah, I buy music. I'm part of the problem. Fuck off. You don't even know bro.

That's not true he played with Flipper recently

A quick wikipedia search points out that you're both full of shit AND a faggot.

Seriously this
If it doesn't catch your attention, it's shit. You're prob one of those guys that listens to some underground unpopular shit in times with the hipster crowd and every single mainstream song is shit right?

I fucking despise music on the radio for the most part. Every rock station all sounds the same. My fav genre is prob post-hardcore stuff or heavier metal stuff and even that is mostly all the same shitty stuff.

People make what the majority of the populace wants to hear. Do you think any band has the intention of just making really good music with no intention of selling any of it? No, they make what appeals to most people. Not music recognition geniuses, like yourself apparently.

All music is done the same today. It's all done with the same 3-4 shitty chords changed slightly. It's ALL easy to make. The only differences are the slight changes some skilled people arrange it in to catch your ear.

Not the guy you're replying to, but...

I'm 34 years old now, been playing guitar since I was 9, playing bass and guitar in a few different bands today. With respect, not all music is written the same and not everyone does it to get famous and be popular. There are a lot of people who do what they love, just because they love doing it. Sometimes though, the two overlap and you get really great bands who start to peak through. Guys like Deep Dark Woods, Adolyne or KENmode as an example. Because they have a hint of popularity, would you say that they write songs to be famous? Fuck no.

There are PLENTY of musicians who do what they love, because they love it. The thing is, you have to hunt and search and dig through shit just to find them. A lot of radio music is written in E minor, between 3:30 and 4:15, blah, blah, blah, which is why it all sounds the same. There is absolutely a formula that works for writing poppy, catchy stuff...and there's nothing wrong with that. Pop music has existed for years, it changes now and then, but it isn't going anywhere. Just get used to searching.

From nine years ago.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/flipper-back-game-novoselic-101889

Huh. Hadn't heard. Not in the loop any more.

bro i love your taste. saw snarky puppy twice this last year. any more recommendations?

Typical Trump supporter. Hears uncomfortable fact; denies; doesn't care if true or false.

And people think millennials are shit ...