Why do white British people fetishise reggae so much

Why do white British people fetishise reggae so much

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jamaica has the limes which insures their survival not just as a nation, but as a people

>that pic
>one good looking girl
>one possible handsome lad
We are an ugly bunch of cunts. Don't know really it's pretty shit, dubs ok but it all sounds the same.

Huge amount of immigration which inevitably had a major influence on music

I really don't mind the genre at all and I like a good skank from time to time, but people seem to REALLY FUCKING LOVE IT to such EXTREME LEVELS, as well as ska/dancehall and that soundsystem style culture. and it's mental cause overall it does sound pretty samey at times that I'm surprised people lose their shit so much when constantly listening to it.

It annoys me in a way because it's like, you're a prick if you criticise it in some way (because it's all good vibes how can you dislike it? omg) yet they never leave their soundsystem comfort zone and are proper quick to judge anyone out of that scene if it doesn't fit their image and that

Saying that I'd rather hang out with that sorta scene, or any scene than the metal scene - which happens to be my favourite type of music, but the crowd is even more close minded. argh.

That happens in a lot of genres though, its not exclusive to sound system culture and who said eclectic for the sake of it is better?

fair play, it's probably just something that annoys me with music in general, but the fetishising of aspects of Jamaican culture does annoy me on a different level. generally though, the vibes of those events are still lovely

jamaica was a british colony...

the british "immigrating" to jamaica had a major influence on their culture also.

They all moved to Bristol

started trip hop, jungle, drum & bass, then they moved to London and started garage and grime

then they moved up North and started Desmonds

Just another thing, it's weird how there's a serious left-wing vegan student etc etc crowd, completely forgetting that Rasta's are die-hard homophobic Christians.. who happen to smoke weed and make good choons. uhhhhhh

>The show was made in and set in Peckham, London
>and featured a predominantly black British Guyanese cast.
>London
>Guyanese
>up North

Loads of people with Jamaican family in UK.
Loads of events that put on reggae in the UK.
Loads of people that love reggae in the UK.
Levi Roots reggae reggae sauce.

jungle is fucking sick tho

Basically because there was a lot of immigration from Jamaica into the UK, and a lot of Brits, especially the working classes who ended up with the Jamaicans, came to like it. It was a point of mutual appreciation between the native Brits and the immigrant Jamaicans.

Immigration then

I can't find the attractive people you mentioned anywhere

I hate this fucking country fuck patriotism seriously Britain's a shithole

What do you reckon Sup Forums makes of reggae music

They'd just call it "degenerate nigger music" obviously

What did Roger Stone and Breitbart tell them to think about it?

The music is very slow so they are able to understand it, even with their inbred brains. It also contains a lot of bass which soothes teeth pain.

isn't it more like 'try to impress thy masters'-music?

>i hate this country because i'm ugly
I love all of these ugly people.

british """people"""

only cute brit coming through

boy george

We can really thank Boy George and UB40 for the one-two punch that murdered UK reggae forever.

>this subhuman
>cute

I'm not ugly I hate this country because it's so hard to find other attractive people
I only had sex with like 5 different people because there's hardly anyone with the same level of attractiveness as me
Sometimes I have to compromise too

UB40's debut is legit great roots reggae tho. But Boy George was just riding the bandwagon.

She's disgustingly pale

>Why do white British people fetishise reggae so much

Dude weed
Dude Bob Marley

And this is why 1st and 2nd gen Ska >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reggae

>UB40's debut is legit great roots reggae

No.

>thinking in terms of genres

It is. Even if you're some kind of purist, you have to acknowledge that even the crustiest of roots artists like Burning Spear and Horace Andy sold out and went crossover at some point between disco and cock rock, not to mention all the British groups like Aswad and Steel Pulse except for LKJ. But that doesn't mean that they didn't start out making great stuff.

All of those artists are great and made great records before selling out and going crossover. UB40 never made great music, they were always a white new wave pop reggae band.

The only bigger laugh than comparing Horace Andy to UB40 is calling UB40 roots

btw, do people know that the most important parts on Bob Marley's albums were played by english studio musicians?

ur cool

Homophobia is more a Jamaican thing than a specifically Rastafarian thing. Like I'm sure being Old Testament loving Christians they are pretty down on little gay fellas but its not something that is ever mentioned in roots reggae like it is in ragga.

Cheers my dude

i am kidding you're a fag

It doesn't say so in the album credits that are available on wiki, at least.

The most important parts of reggae is the rhythm section, the drums and the bass, Aston and Carlton Barrett were not English.

RIDDIM

Pic related is me so stfu you fucking retard virgin faggot

post face lad

Me

You think you're shit, cunt? I took this pic yesterday before fucking 5 bitches
Step up your game, little man

fake

Yes

>Aston and Carlton Barrett were not English.

The were property of the Empire, Jamicia being under British rule when they were born

Britain wins again

f-fuck s-s-sorry d-dude

You fucking pussys, check out these pythons.

I would slap my penis on that bicep, I am a straight gay bi-curious white male

XxX

kill yourself brandon you make everything unfunny

Well of course, much like traditional British martial arts actor Jackie Chan, but British != English.

a hard, clean brexit should out an end to it

holy shit

>out an end
*put an end

not before theresa may bans Sup Forums for bongs

That really wouldn't surprise me at all.

>theresa may
who?

Nigger garbage

Mind you, the whites who like reggae are more insufferable than any Jamaican could ever hope to be.

>in a thread about the UK
>doesn't know Theresa May

why are you ITT?

inorite, every single white fan of reggae is a stoner with dreads amirite xD

youve never met a Jamaican person in your life

youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

would be the first admirable thing the tories have ever done