Sup bruhs. I'm retarded when it comes to math

Sup bruhs. I'm retarded when it comes to math.

Why is my shit coming out 12/120 instead of 120/12?

Is anyone smart enough to point it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ShGbJl1oI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Why is my shit coming out 12/120 instead of 120/12?

because it's wrong

Oh shit. It's wrong?
What's wrong about it?
What step did I do backassward?

the answer is t, it says so at the bottom

retard

Post the whole question with ur answer

Starting at home, Nadia traveled uphill to the grocery store for 30 minutes at just 4 mph. She then traveled back home along the same path downhill at a speed of 12 mph.

What is her average speed for the entire trip from home to the grocery store and back?

Problem is because you are using miles. They don't get along well with hours. Replace everything with m/s

user ...good luck

In the second step, where you divide each side by 2 miles, the right side of the equation should be "1/t", not "t", which is why you had the right numbers, just the numerator and denominator switched.

Since distance is being cancelled out anyway, there's no need to do this. You'll pretty much just have the same conversion factors on each side of the equation, that cancel each other out.

didn't catch the bait

iwasonlypretendingtoberetarded.png

Ok. I'm stuck again.
Help me fam.

Woops. wrong pic

I'm sorry if this comes off as condescending

because not using SI

miles HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH dumbass

What did i do wrong tho

again ...good luck user

do the fucking train tracks, dumb cunt. do all your conversions in line, left to right. if you can't do it in your head, write out the units that way its impossible to fuck it up.

i think you're doing a right calculation but not taking it the step further that you need to go - you need time and distance for both the uphill and downhill trips, and average them like these guys have done (in terms of average distance and average time) to find your overall average speed.

where the fuck did you come up with .17???

irrelevant...and idiotic...not even close to condescending

You started as 2 miles over T then divided both sides by 2 miles. The other side with the should be 1/T.

If you do that that your answer would be 12/120 minutes=1/T which simplifies to 120/12=T. Thenot simplify the fraction to get 10 minutes

for once an user hasn't been a fag... :)) praise the lard

2/12 is 0.166, distance is 2m and her speed is 12mph.

You need to find the distance traveled and the time downhill. You have the rate (4mph uphill & 12mph downhill) and time (30 minutes up hill).

You are given rate in mph and time in minutes, so you need to convert one to the other as well.

if you pay a bit of attention and stop considering you are smarter than you are you shall see that the time given is in fucking minutes not in fractions ...i.e 30 minutes to get up on the bloody hill for Nadia..the cunt
so you dividing 1h in 0.5 h is totally idiotic as we have decided and seen earlier

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ShGbJl1oI

good one...advance math on /b :))))))

I didn't mean to piss you off but she takes 30 minutes to get up hill which is half an hour, so 0.5 hours. The rest of the values given to us are in miles per hour. I converted the time from minutes into hours to make distance, speed and time calculations possible as the speeds were given in per hour measures.

That worked but I don't understand the mechanics behind singling out the variable. Anyone suggest tutorial videos online for that?

The total distance should be 8 not 4, since you travel two instances of 4 miles.

Worked. Forgot to link.

Meh. I'll gud it as get the hang of it by rote. Maybe it'll eventually be second nature.

0.5 * 4 = 2 miles uphill

2 miles up and 2 miles down = 4 miles.

if you wouldn't have round it it up as you did ...and used 0.16(6) you would have reached 6 mp/h not 5.96mp/h

Yeah my mistake on that part. Thanks for pointing it out.

This is where you dun goofed OP

Ok cool.
I just learned a lot from you guys.
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without you.

Yeah, apparently in order to isolate the variable you could multiply both sides by it.