Post NBA teams that serve absolutely NO function

>pic related

Shouldve stayed in KC.

Jerseys were much better too

Kys faggot, you probably were too young to remember how the Lakers refballed them out of a title.

Either that or they should've moved to Seattle

There are two types of NBA teams. The title contenders that all the casual fans cheer for and the fodder that the contenders beat up on. It's about a 1:4 ratio. Sacramento falls into that second category.

they would be instantly popular if they moved to Seattle...

>implying
Kings serve as the absolute reminder that the NBA is fixed beyond belief

>uprooted from a decent city to play in methhead bumfuck nowhere
>generic as fuck name and uniforms
>terrible colors
>only remotely relevant because of king meme
>any other players with a lick of sense (Ibaka, Harden, Durant, etc.) get out ASAP

Seriously never should've happened. Oklahoma isn't a viable market.

this

if i was a kings fan i would literally assassinate david stern

>Durant leaving
>ASAP

Stern also saved the Kings from being taken to seattle

>yfw we were wrongly robbed of a title

fuck the NBA so much

we wuz kangz man

Then give your team to Seattle.

We wouldn't have needed saving if that slimy kike hadn't rigged us out of a fucking title.

Fuck no. fuck xeattle. I'll gladly pay more taxes for the rest of my life if it means those bandwagoners don't get a team

no he didnt, that indian who offered to pay for a new stadium saved them

The dal to send them to Seattle was already in place. The league effectively gave Sacramento extra time after the fact. It was the league's decision to not say "you're too late, they're moving".

thats hardly consolation. that single refballed 4th quarter cost the Kings the championship. they had a healthy lead and would have won that game then beat the Nets in 5 or 6. not only did it cost them the championship, but the Kings franchise never recovered. they havent made the playoffs in literally 10 years

Are the Timberwolves the least historically insignificant team in the league? It has to be them or the Grizzlies.

The Raptors and at least say they are Canada's team
The Magic have been to the Finals twice
The Kings have their conspiracyfags
The Hornets are owned by the GOAT who is also the first player to be a majority owner

>The Kings have their conspiracyfags

m8 it's hardly a conspiracy. It was straight up rigged

Timberwolves and Grizzlies have both been to the 3rd round of the playoffs in the last 15 years. The Clippers and Pelicans have never been to the 3rd round ever.

Delete this

The Pelicans but it's hardly fair to compare their ineptness to the Twolves since they are so new.

Between the Clippers and Kings, who should be relocated to Seattle more?

It was the Kings. But now, it's the Clippers.

Clippers are historically significant in a negative way. They were the worst team in the league most of their existence.

Why not both?

neither, Seattle had a sick fucking team and they let them walk. fuck Seattle

This

Why doesn't the NBA just expand? The money is so good right now. I would bring in a Las Vegas team and the Sonics.

Not enough talent

There's already too many teamsand 90% of them are shit. There are 3 teams this year, possibly 4 teams, with even a chance to win the championship. There's 30 teams in the league. Even soccer leagues are more balanced, NBA right now is the most top heavy pro sports league in the world. Adding 2-4 more teams would just give the top teams 2-4 more mediocre teams to beat up on.

>Not enough parity

fixed it for ya

Unlike the nfl, only 2-3 teams can actually contend in the NBA. No reason for more teams. Already way too many as it is.

There should only be like 20 NBA teams honestly. Just have 1 team per (relevant) state

So who do you pick between the Rockets, Mavs, and Spurs? I mean the Spurs are the most relevant but San Antonio is a shithole.

This is why the NBA needs in season tournaments like the FA Cup in soccer. Imagine if the teams that didn't make the playoffs played a single elimination tournament for the 1st overall pick.

This gives es the "bad" teams so.etging to cheer for without the threat of relegation.

None. Completely new team and call it the Texas ____

Have them play in texas best city, Houston, or Austin.

Don't sleep on the Kings. Coach Joerger has them playing a top 10 defense with good ball movement and Cousins playing like a legit MVP candidate.

I agree but our drafting is complete shit so don't expect us to put any pieces around cousins

San Antonio is a significantly nicer city than either Dallas or Houston. Houston in particular is a legitimately terrible.

bogdanovic looks good, hes a shooter and has the size to be at least league average defender

The free agency signings have been good so far though. Garrett Temple is the 3 and D player the Kings have lacked since Doug Christie, Anthony Tolliver another 3 and D player, Ty Lawson is starting to play like he did in Denver.

He's clueless.

Even if he turns out to be literally turkish michael jordan tier we still won't be champion contenders. Our PG position is just too weak to win a chip and we don't have a reliable PG. And fucking serge ibaka won't sign here because no one ever does.

Oh I agree for sure and Joerger is a great addition too. But I just don't see us as contenders anytime soon.

Le leave for a ring and come back man

He was traded. Minnesota asked him to leave.

Sorry man but he will be remembered as a Celtic. You won't find people reminiscing about the KG, Sam Cassell Twolves the same way you won't find people reminiscing about the Ray Allen Sam Cassell Bucks.

I'm a C's fan, but that's ludicrous. All of his prime years were in Minnesota and he won his MVP there. I'm glad >we were able to get him a ring, but he is a Timberwolf.

The hawks. No one wants them, not even atlanta.

In all my years on sp Ive never once seen a hawks fan

>He will be remembered as a Celtic.

If you started watching NBA in 2008, maybe.

So if the Kings make the playoffs, are they going to be 4 Warrior home games?

I can only go by my own life as a Magic fan.

Disagree. He's the best player in T-Wolves history, he's THE GUY for that entire franchise. For the Celtics though, he's just another guy. Maybe not even a top 5 player in Celtics history. When I think KG I usually think of the T-Wolves.

Atlanta seems like it would be a good market for the NBA. Too bad the Hawks are either pretenders or absolute shit every year of their existence.

so just like european soccer

Atlanta is a town of transplants. There probably isn't a bigger bandwagon city with their own franchises.

OKC sold tickets the supercucks never drew dimes

you would think that cuz theres so many niggers but for some reason the only Atlanta team with a dedicated fanbase is the Falcons. i would expect basketball to be their biggest thing there but it isnt, Hawks have historically low turnouts even when they were the #1 seed a couple years ago

Growing up anyone with any athletic ability is pushed into football or baseball if your parents are afraid of their delicate flower getting hurt.

Our AAU organization is pretty shit.

lol this team must've blown. a collection of literally who's and half of them are white

ATLien here. It's because >we've been historically shit so the niggers just bandwagon the Lakers/Heat/Cavs

You fucking idiot they were one of the best teams of all time and were dominating the prime Lelkers through and through and the white guys shut Shaq down. Chris webber got injured the next year too and would have utterly btfo the gaykers. You must have been born in 2000

The NBA has done a mighty fine job covering and sweeping them under the rug though I must admit

3 of those players are in the hall of fame

WE

were

Purposeless teams you say

It has to be the Bucks. They were relevant for like 3 years with Kareem and Big O but that was decades ago. They've never been relevant since then and they're completely over shadowed by the Packers and Brewers.

Pfffftt

obvious bait or genuine underage. and light skin =/= white, there are only 2 white guys on that team

thats literally one of the greatest teams of all time

>A literal meme team
They were really popular when they first came out, but then people realized nothing would come of it and now only old white people care about it

how about you eat a gigantic bag of cocks, you fucking faggot

the Kings fanbase has suffered through one of the worst teams of all time and the maloofs and still managed good attendance despite the piss poor play by the team

Whos that one pussy not throwing the birds up?

>You fucking idiot they were one of the best teams of all time
>Never won a ring

So they were a meme, like the 2016 Warriors.

It's literally the only pro team in the market. Not a huge accomplishment.

Timberwolves.

It makes all the sense in the world to move them to Seattle, considering how far away they are from the other Northwest division teams

Both those teams got rigged out of a ring though

BUCKS for sure, I always relocate them to Bronx on NBA 2K and rename then Bronx Killa Beez.

LA Clippers..

they need to move to seattle

i'd give a team to pittsburgh before you fucking faggots

Fuck that. Why should we be hated even more on Sup Forums?

No more Sonics please. Get that literal cuckold sport out of here. We don't need anymore degeneracy.

>boogie cancer

how do their "fans" think he's any good?

He's the best center in the game that's not even debatable.

hahahaha

Minnesota has to be the king of getting talented big men, doing fuck all with them and then trading them to a team that wins a championship. I wonder who the lucky fucks will be that end up with KAT, I'm guessing the Lakers or the bulls.

Atlanta has like the opposite problem of North Carolina, our basketball fans are loyal as fuck(see the whole bring back the buzz shit that reclaimed the hornets name) but our football fans are the most fairweather, bandwagoner pieces of shit in the US.

Cousins is just like Carmelo Anthony, puts up big numbers and makes people think he is good but in reality is just a giant cancerous bitch that won't ever win anything in the NBA unless they are a 40 year old bench player for some super team formed in the future.

>move the Kings to Pittsburgh
>put a team in Vegas

Problem solved.

>moving anything to the rust belt
wut

just move the Kaingz back to KC

dirty 530

we wuz kangs

The grizzilies have historically upset the spurs, okc and the clippers in playoff runs. Zach Randolph was the original Demarcus Cousins and Tony Allen is one of the leagues most relevant shooting guards. Marc Gasol has been on all-defensive lists for repetitive seasons.

They're super gritty but offensively dull so they're overlooked until the playoffs start and they destroy a top seeded team

"let" them walk

what could the people of Seattle have done differently? The elected officials who were already in place fucked it up not the people there

>The grizzilies have historically upset the spurs, okc and the clippers in playoff runs
>okc
injured
>clippers
injured
>spurs
pop was probably trying some experimental shit that year and wanted an off year to rest his starters

they literally only ever make it through the playoffs through sheer dumb luck and get exposed in the later rounds

The nets
Timberwolves

>xeattle
>decent city

0/10 bait

Bullshit, the series was plagued with bad officiating, it favored both teams multiple times, it wasn't rigged for LAL. It was bad officiating, not biased officiating. Stay cucked, boi.