ITT: We discuss why this album is superior to ITAOTS in every way

ITT: We discuss why this album is superior to ITAOTS in every way

It's not

More varied, better songwriting, better lyrics, less annoying vocals

Not much to discuss, it's just that much better

I was talking about ITAOTS btw.

Wait shit, I mean TGPT2

>less annoying vocals
Kek, at least Jeff doesn't sound like a pathetic numale and sings with conviction

The Glow pt. 2 and ITAOTS are two very different records which only share a broad genre.

You can go on about which one you like more and pretend like you can quantify the quality of an album, but it's not that simple and pretending like it's a competition is stupid albeit entertaining.

both albums are overrated as shit
this is even worse tho so stop spamming this utter garbage

IIIIIIIII TOOK MY SHIIRT OOFFF IN THE YARD

When will this fucking "numale" meme end and when will autists stop using it as a reason for hating music? "wow the singer isn't alpha as fuck so I can't listen to this". How about you fuck off

Why do all you plebs go on about this album instead of Mt Eerie (the album)? Eerie is so much better. The Sun alone trumps this album.

Aeroplane kills The Glow Pt. 2, by the way

ITAOTS has better lyrics, better vocals, no filler and better song writing

ITAOTS is just a rip-off of this album

melodies in glow pt. 2 are sooooo much better

it's the new hipster "other"

>kills
This is what hip hop has done to music

glow 2 is more dreamy, nostalgic,etc.mt eerie is great but that's it.

>mount eerie is merely great

errrrrrrrrrr

t. numale

Hahaha sick meme bro :^)

>successful artist
>married his love
>has a child
>is admired by many people in both his personal and public life
yeah what a numale

Way to project

how could anyone think that beard is a good idea

his gf is pretty cute desu

This. They're hardly comparable.
ITAOTS is more compact and makes use of every second of its short runtime. TGP2 uses more experimental effects that have aged amazingly well and completely nails the atmosphere it's going for while Elverum's unique songwriting style and structure extends beyond the songs themselves and bleeds into the tracklist and makes for an unconventional listen.
ITAOTS is more direct and wears its brilliance on its sleeve.
Can't really go wrong with either

Jeff Mangum is just a much much better lyricist than Phil.

>more varied
more like 'not coherent'
>less annoying vocals
more like 'less powerful vocals'
>better lyrics
wait what?

>thinking albums have to be 'coherent'
Jesus christ do you not even understand what art is you pleb

those are really different albums

>art

Not even his best album.

Totally agree, but I hear TGP2 get compared to ITAOTS a lot

The cover is better,but the album isn't

As a fan of black and death metal, I found it hard to believe that any album could really bring me to a throbbing headache, a "folk rock" album nonetheless. But let me tell you, Neutral Milk Hotel has gone out of their way to make their music excruciatingly painful to listen to. This album is really nothing more than a load of drunken wailing slapped on top of random chunks of conceited guitar wankery. The lead singer here misses every note on the entire album with entirely masochistic intent. I can't believe I seriously sat through this entire hideous train wreck of an album. Sure, I'll give it to props in that there are a few catchy acoustic licks here and there, but that's really all this album has going for it. Fortunately for the rest of us, there are countless other bands that also play catchy folk rock but still manage to stay in key. Honestly, forget this album and all the pretentious hippies who claim you don't "get it" There's nothing to get, it's a horrendous album plain and simple. Steer clear.

nah

bad pasta desu

I think the sunglasses on top of regular glasses is dumber. But hey he has a cute lady friend and probably has an ok life so what do I know.

they're both 9/10

Neither are even the best Microphones Album