>yfw WB announce the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child movie

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-film-warner-bros-files-for-trademark-in-biggest-hint-of-a-movie-a7136086.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ITMnUxxvMyo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is this surprising? it was only a matter of time

>first a play
>then a script that became a best seller

I swear to fucking god if they make Hermione black

why does it matter, why do you care?

NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS

FUCK ME

I havent seen the play or read the book...It is so bad as some websites say?

lmao

Fuck off to Plebbit/Dumblr

Because black women are disgusting and some of my fondest faps came from jacking it to Hermione.

What did they mean by this?

>they care about harry potter
>im the pleb

Because continuity, you mong.

It's absolutely terrible

Im convinced Rowling is another Lucas, the editors shooting down her shit ideas etc

Well speaking of, it shows how happily Rowling is to change her work to bow down to political correctness, no integrity, at least Lucas didn't make Vader Black

Yes. I don't blame it as much as some people for being shitty because a play is a horrible format for developing and demonstrating new ideas in an established series, so they pretty much had to go rely on settings and plot devices that fans would be familiar with, but it's still bad.

It's a lot like The Force Awakens, actually.

>caring about continuity makes you a pleb

whatever you say you dumb cunt

Harry Potter was cute when it was a bunch of little kids having adventures at a wizard school. Then all the main characters grew up and the franchise turned into Twilight teen drama for high school girls.

Why do you fags like this shit?

>Being this much of a closet pedo with shit taste

You deserve your old nigress, Emma Watson is 0/10 garbage.

This. I stopped watching them after the second one at the time.

time turner nonsense

rowling should have never touched time travel

>caring about continuity makes you a pleb
>caring about
>continuity

Yes because The original writer wrote this to fit the cannon of the original ser...

OH WAIT

You know that Vader was black originally right? He was retconned to white in Empire Strikes Back

>It's a lot like The Force Awakens, actually
So are you saying that the play is actually great?

No, Chasing Amy isn't a documentary about Star Wars

Lol u trippin dawg

Please tell me they're getting rid of that fucking shit director so bland and boring

>The bloke in the cloak is white
>The boy doing the voice is mulatto

And they only cast JEJ because Prowse has a horrible westcountry accent and not a very threatening voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=ITMnUxxvMyo

I always thought it was obvious that they were going to wait for Radcliffe and the rest of the cast to age a bit and then do another string of movies.

I mean it's not like Rowling ever indicated that she has enough artistic integrity to block them from doing that.

What is the context of this? How is Snape still alive?

The Fantastic Beasts trilogy gives the studio some time to kill, so I'd expect a Cursed Child move in 2023.

>Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

What the fuck is this story even about?

The man in this picture perfectly depicts how much I care about Harry Potter these days

Time Turner

Harry Potter 2: Judgement Day

>some of my fondest faps came from jacking it to Hermione
You mean the actress who played her in the movies? What if it's a different actress who isn't Emma but isn't black? Or do you mean Hermione from the novel? Because she doesn't actually exist, you were only fapping to your own mental image of someone you've seen before.

They arent doing it. They want more money JK will pen scripts herself like she did for fantastic beasts. They will make a trilogy that focuses on the trio. The play is unfilmable. They trademarked it just because. Nobody gives a shit about harry potters kid they want to see the trio actually doing things again

Oh I don't know. Canon, source material, etc.

>Nobody gives a shit about harry potters kid they want to see the trio
A film about Newt Scamander is probably about to break a couple of Box Office records, you seriously people won't go rabid for a film with Harry and Draco's kids as BFF's?

Yea the story is literally a play its unfilmable read what I said. JK at least wrote a script for fantastic beasts. But that's another issue. Its going to make bank becauzs everything major since potter has been shit. But nobody nobody gives an actual fuck about harry potter set in america. Sure it will make money but nobody is invested. Though i like yates so i will be seeing it.

The trio is bigger they will throw money at them in 5+ years for a sequel trilogy or two parter

DUDE TIME TRAVEL LMAO

Oh great, another entry in easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

MUMMY, MUMMY!

>over six million Pumpkin Pasties

It's an analogy about the holocaust, don't forget it happened goyim

I think you can coin the idea of a "Lucas rule". That authors or creators of a setting and world cannot strike twice with lightning. Their first project will be spectacular and venerable, but everything after it will rapidly decay and suffer from ineptitude and shit.

I'm glad at least you didn't put that godawful meandering bullshit of Ulysses in God or High tier even if that list reeks of /lit/ism.

>not referring to him properly as "Professor Snape"

Millenials,I fucking swear

he posted it again the absolute madman

I wish I was kidding but this is canon

Considering HP were the only movies WB was doing at that scale that wasn't also getting panned, this makes sense

How does JKR feel, I wonder?

Walking dogs? Is that how he earns his money nowadays? How many turds has he picked up that day? Do you think he keeps them in shoeboxes under his Nascar-shaped bed?

Because she's not black moron.

Oh god please no, Alan Rickman is dead, they can't make a HP sequel without him. And before you say anything, Snape is in the Cursed Child.

>Alan Rickman is dead
Oh fuck, I forgot about that.

Goddammit.

It's a (shitty) magical world. Anything can happen. Even in our world it is not far fetched to have a cross dressing tranny turn into blackface.

But he already was the halfblood prince

Gay as fuck

Why was Luke white then?

>George Lucas
>making a black character that isn't a side token character
kek no

user could make the argument that Lucas didn't decide to make Luke Vader's son until he started writing Empire after Hope, in the same manner Lucas didn't decide to make Leia Luke's sister until after Empire and before Return.

Nothing says that Vader was originally black from the start though.

>All those comments and not a single one gets the joke in the description

WEWWWW

He's doing it for a movie you idiot

But the answer to all of your questions is yes

How would this work with Snape? I can't see anyone being a good replacement for Rickman

>Scorpius

They just make him Asian or something.

Dumbledore gets vitiligo.

But one could argue that Vader being Luke's father was set up since new hope.

She could make more than 1 per minute every day for 11 years and she still wouldn't end up with that many. Really makes ya think.

WEW

Just remembered Alan Rickman is dead.

>it's a fall into a lake and go back in time to a slightly different version of your parent's past so the author can indulge in retelling the same story with a few twists episode

Do you think Harry will use a spell to make himself taller?

No please don't :'(

>it's a author make a play written by someone else that is of dubious quality at best canon episode

Oh totally. I have no idea what went through Lucas' mind, or his thought process during the first script, and I personally believe the Vader/Luke dynamic was in place since the beginning.

People just latch onto the single fact that the Leai/Luke thing came after Empire, which explains the accidental incest in Empire, so people have extrapolated before to fit their own worldview/head canon.

Kids travelling back in time to help their parents is totally my thing man. But probably not this thing.

That settles it then, Vader has always been white.