Pennywise's look from IT revealed

Well, Sup Forums? How bout it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie
youtu.be/nuzn8bbhhQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PUT ME IN COACH!

It's awful.

Looks like a gay nigger from outer space.

DERRY'S GONNA FREAK

White...

THE KIDS ARE GONNA FREAK!

I mean, I guess it's sort of creepy. In a tryhard way. Kind of looks like a marionette.

Ryuk?

Why the fuck couldn't they just reuse the look from the original movie? It's almost iconic.

Plus there's not enough hair but I guess he looks creepy.

*makes witty remark about the poofy shirt from Seinfeld*

Pretty funny eh?

So, the original had enough hair, but this one doesn't?

He looks like he'd make a halfway decent Ryuk. I wonder how Hollywood is going to fuck up that design next.

Because there are plenty of people needing to justify what the fuck is it they do at the production company.

Well yes and he had a much better costume.

talk about a five head

In the books they describe him as having like three tufts of red hair and being bald on the top. Both designs kind of try to demonstrate that.

I like the body because of how old Pennywise actually is, but I don't like the head. It looks too similar to the 90s version.

>no ball nose
>huge head bigger than my wife's buck's bbc
>frilly clothing
>skirt
>no sharp teeth
>bucktoothed

This adaptation is doomed. If I saw this motherfucker in a dark alley, i'd piss myself laughing.

You call that a clown? I mean he's supposed to be believable so he can lure people, who the fuck is going to go ask that clown to give them a balloon?

Until the teaser is released, i'm going to say his suit is going to be more colorful in the movie.

Are they doing one movie for kids and one for adults or is it going to be told through flashbacks again?

I don't hate the design, but I'll have to see it in context. Both publicity shots have played up the 3spooky5you angle that people are bitching about for being over the top, but there are plenty of overtly scary pictures of Curry as well. I want to see what he looks like in the actual movie as opposed to a photo shoot.

They're both bald.

Have they even announced the adult cast yet? All I've seen so far are pennywise and the kids.

hello apologist
you're know its' bad

I heard there is a gangbang in the books?
Who gets gangbanged and by who and why?

The Curry one had more hair, like proper clowns. The new one looks like he's got AIDS.

>If you look at the sleeves, there are the two puffs off the shoulder and biceps and again on the bloomers, I wanted it to have an organic, gourd or pumpkin kind of effect,” Bryant says. That includes the peplum at his waist, the flared, skirt-like fabric blossoming from below his doublet.

>“It helps exaggerate certain parts of the body,” Bryant says. “The costume is very nipped in the waist and with the peplum and bloomers it has an expansive silhouette.”

>It’s all aimed at creating a subliminal suggestion of a creature with long, lanky limbs, a head and neck like a cephalothorax, and a bulbous, arachnoid abdomen. But this creature is walking upright, and calling to you with a fistful of balloons.

ew.com/article/2016/08/16/pennywise-costume-stephen-king-it-movie

they actually did it

Which young actress is taking all those dongs?

The redhead on the left is the grill

Adult film isn't filming yet. Maybe they're not doing it as flashbacks. It's be happening in the moment so first timers can guess if any of the kids die. It can also be a complete movie so if it bombs they don't have to make the adult sequel.

lightened

Richie dies

dem luscious lips

>>If you look at the sleeves, there are the two puffs off the shoulder and biceps and again on the bloomers, I wanted it to have an organic, gourd or pumpkin kind of effect,” Bryant says. That includes the peplum at his waist, the flared, skirt-like fabric blossoming from below his doublet.
>>“It helps exaggerate certain parts of the body,” Bryant says. “The costume is very nipped in the waist and with the peplum and bloomers it has an expansive silhouette.”
>>It’s all aimed at creating a subliminal suggestion of a creature with long, lanky limbs, a head and neck like a cephalothorax, and a bulbous, arachnoid abdomen. But this creature is walking upright, and calling to you with a fistful of balloons.

i dont see any of that in the picture. he just looks like a faggot.

hollywood cant create decent monsters anymore.

If they're gonna play the "I'm a clown and I'm luring people to kill them" card it's gonna fail miserably.

clowns are not scary

Isn't IT female?

Looks to tryhard to be scary, he's supposed to look scary because he looks like a normal clown.

This. It's gonna be shit.

I mean, to be fair, is there really any context in which you could see yourself go down into a sewer to hang out with a clown who was beckoning you in?

Yes they are

>skirt
Why?

I agree. I'd like to see on promo pick of Pennywise with a genuine friendly smile. That's way creepier to build into the horror instead of him looking like a Juggalo halloween costume.

I can see it. It's just that they took "clown looks weird and off but you can't quite put your finger on why" way too far. If there had been some subtle hints that gave indication of Pennywise's true horror, that might work. Instead he looks like the clown version of Annabelle.

>is there really any context

kids do dumb shit.

The absolute madmen.
Seriously, it'd be insane for them to actually do it.

No, he looks like a normal clown at first and then he turns scary. Does anyone on Sup Forums even it?

Well of course not. But that scene

youtu.be/nuzn8bbhhQQ

Wouldn't work. She would just run right away instead of smiling if she saw the new clown.

>I mean, to be fair, is there really any context in which you could see yourself go down into a sewer to hang out with a clown who was beckoning you in?

Yes

fun fact: is the same director.

>No, he looks like a normal clown at first and then he turns scary.

why spoil his scary look then?

Would somebody get this hothead out of here?

I bet you thought that was real clever, didn't you?

Because ain't no kids gonna watch no Ronald McDonald movie. You want teenage sheckles, you show the scary clown.

How did I not see it before?

i hope they don't make him a clown. tim curry was essentially a clown. he played the part well, but it wasn't a portrayal of an otherworldly entity, older than the earth, living in opposition to the turtle and the white, feeding for millions of years

IIRC, isn't he supposed to be just a clown?

I mean the whole creepiness comes from him being a fucking clown. Floating on water. Not some edgelord Zack Snyder hyperclown.

Also he's not even supposed to be a clown but a bunch of different shit like a giant bird. It's like the people who obsess over the clown form haven't even read the book. They're almost as bad as HPL fans.

why not spoof this pose and setup?
would have triggered comparisons, memes and viralness.

but holywood is dumb as rocks.

Yeah but the scary version is scary because of the uncanny normal looking appearance he had at first. I hope it's just shitty marketing photos and they do a good job in the reboot. Horror reboots tends to suck but I'm always cautiously optimistic for them anyway,

The scene doesn't really work there either.

This 2bh, Ronald McDonald is scary as fuck, all they had to do is make some parodies pics with a normal-ish uncanny looking clown and I'd be sold.

>this setup

Yeah, that's the whole thing. Kids walking down the street. Oh shit there's a clown just standing there. There's not even a circus in town. What the fuck this isn't really happening, right?

I have never understood this scene. Why does the Mom start screaming as if she just found the girls body? Two seconds later the police show up and we find out she's just missing. It was really oddly staged.

he looks like shit

isn't her bike overturned with slight bloodstains on the framework?

I really want to watch IT now.

is kat up again yet? I don't think I have it downloaded...

I don't remember if there are bloodstains, but the bike is turned over. Although she sees still calm when she sees the bike.

I think it does a bit, It offered her a doll, laughs and shows up behind the sheets, inviting her. Then he turns scary and we see that on the girl's face as her smile vanishes. It's a pretty good scene. He goes from nice-looking clown to straight up crazy. It wouldn't work with that new clown straight from some Victorian era.

I don't remember what happens next, but I think it was just to show the kid had been attacked but they couldn't be explicit about it.

Not subtle at all, therefore not uncanny, therefore not scary.

It's like a caricature of a "scary clown"; satire is not scary.

he looks like an enemy from devil may cry

Underrated

This costume looks good since they were going for the Harlequin Clown dolls. We'll have to see about the actor though.

Pennywise worked because Tim Curry's performance was phenomenal. But his costume was just a bad cliche clown outfit. It wasn't the costume that was scary it was Tim Curry's performance.

well shit, props to movie folks for even acknowledging the train let alone showing it in some form

Holy shit

Maybe OP pic is just the "after" version, and he he has a more benign appearance we haven't seen yet.

the forehead more than anything else hurts this

same forehead as the original

Curry had a giant forehead too.

They should've just given glimpses of it in the promotional material

Something like this scene where he's peeping between the sheets on the clothesline

THICC
H
I
C
C

look at the top of his head!

They already said that the clowns are different in each movie. Curry's Pennywise was the one trying to lure you places with toys/candy/etc. This one is lingering in the shadows watching and waiting for you like a boogie man.

In the book he appears as a clown at first, but then when he's about to make the kill the clown suddenly has black, empty eye sockets, a way-too wide mouth full of razorblades, and blood smeared around his mouth instead of red greasepaint. He DOES have a more scary clown form, but he only reveals it at the last moment.

Although even his regular clown form is supposed to be sort of unsettling. There's a bit in the book when he's handing out balloons in a crowd, and all the adults don't notice anything wrong while the kids are keeping their distance, accepting balloons only reluctantly, and some of them are crying.

Trying way to hard to be scary. The original Pennywise was scary because he was "off", he looked mostly like a regular clown, but the uncanny valley effect told you there was something wrong with him.

This one just looks straight up demented and evil. I couldn't imagine Georgie taking one look at this in the sewer grates and reaching down to take something from it.

ITT: a bunch of hotheads who only half remember the movie 'It'

Oh fuck

>IT
>Movie

>demented and evil

if only. he looks MOMS GONNA FREAK "evil".

I don't get it, Pennywise is supposed to look like a normal clown, right?

>yes they are
>posts an unrelated pic

I'll bets this gets all the thumbs up on funnyjunk huh?

This was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why did that couple not immediately freak the fuck out and run away? That's clearly not a normal clown.