GKMC vs TPAB

Both of these joints are near-perfect in their own respective ways, but goddamnit, this is Sup Forums and I'll be damned if we don't declare the superior concept album once and for all with unyielding objectivity

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13155324
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's GKMC

>(c)rap

gkmc is better if you like music

tpab is better if you get your news from cnn and buzzfeed.

strawpoll.me/13155324

DAMN.

nice regurgitated opinion, considering the instrumentation in TPaB is far more lush and varied compared to GKMC. Not to mention the vocals cover a large variety of topics.

Your argument is a joke, so try again

TPAB becaise of less filler verses from unnecessary features. Even if kendrick tried his best to make them fit into the themes on the songs they were in, he very well knew he needed them for exposure, and made this compromise musically.

this whole discussion is retarded though, i like them both, why must i like one m9re than the other?

>considering the instrumentation in TPaB is far more lush and varied compared to GKMC.
explain how.

>Not to mention the vocals cover a large variety of topics.
like what?

varied features that aren't fucking Drake;
we've got the big players like Snoop, Dre and Tupac, but we've also got the underrated Thundercat, Anna Wise, Zacari & the Isley Brothers. The features are used to accentuate the narrative each track.

hip-hop instrumentals that incorporate 90s West Coast "boom-bap", elements of jazz, funk and soul vocals ranging from spoken-word & acapella to singing along with rapid-spitfire rap, all brimming to the top with literary allegories, social commentary, and, of course, braggadocio.
To elaborate further on the subject matter discussed: Kendrick mentions the all-too-common financial struggles of rappers that rise to the top too quickly and don't manage their funds, leading to tax evastion charges. The usual suspects are here too; class warfare, institutionalized racism and police brutality, but K-Dot seems to be less prone to taking a stance and seems more focused on understanding the root causes of these issues. ("Then why did I weep when Trayvon Martin lay dead in the street when gang-bangin' made me kill a nigga blacker than me? Hypocrite!)

Section. 80 beats both imo

GKMC > section 80 > DAMN > TPAB

>joints
it's GKMC, but you need to go back to plebbit, thanks

growing up in a predominantly black family will endow a nigga with a number of different synonyms, so that argument doesn't even make sense

I understand that it's taxing on your adolescent minds to post anything relevant to a topic, but can you try a little harder? We're not discussing his other work or other artists, I shouldn't even have to say this lol

>I shouldn't even have to say this lol
>lol
back to plebbit with you

I hope you see the irony in your own post

well i guess it's not that bad if you're black. just tired of seeing reddit refugees coming here and shitting up the board with hiphopheads lingo.

Iogging off now

"the guy is ANGERY at people derailing his thread, and subsequently derails thread!"

I'm not black

I should rephrase; I'm legally black but my skin pigment says otherwise

>"the guy is ANGERY at people derailing his thread, and subsequently derails thread!"
its not a thread. its you chimping out that nobody is cock sucking tpab.

naw, I don't care if someone prefers one to the other, I just want someone to argue why GKMC is better without resorting to monosyllabic retorts or non-sequiturs

I legitimately want to hear a detailed response that shits on my preference with precision

hi logic

Both bad
Tpab being objectively better
/thread

who gives a fuck when this is better than both of those fedora core albums put together