Hey what's the logical fallacy where somebody grossly misrepresents the argument from the other side as an attempt to...

Hey what's the logical fallacy where somebody grossly misrepresents the argument from the other side as an attempt to assassinate their character before they respond?

poisoning the well? I think. I dunno go to it's all there

fuckkk I just learned about this last year in a rhetorics class.

Stawmanning or Constructing A Stawman

Can't post requests like that on Sup Forums

Plus those faggots on Sup Forums will say "not an argument" till they are blue in the face while simultaneously handing out Ad Hominems like Johnny Appleseed. Fuck those phonies.

Strawman*
I'm fucking retarded

kek

The guy from wizard of oz

Reductum ad absordum.

Every Republican argument

Reductio ad absurdum, I'm sorry I didn't got your harry potter words correctly.

thanks lads, but I think it's Poisoning the Well I'm looking for. When people exaggerate the intentions of their opponent to such a degree where it's implied that you'd be crazy to agree with them because they did (insert cartoonish and false hyperbole here)

Hooray I may have been potentially correct for once. Thanks for letting me know I'm not a complete failure user.

thanks bud. It's the easiest way to completely dismantle somebody is to question their logic. Then everybody turns their heads and that person becomes exposed. It's good to know this shit.

Strawman?

You're a complete failure, user

fuck you too

Why do you think you're a failure?

America

Oh, what a witty snowflake.

true

Ad hominem

Reductio as absurdem?

congratulations you can read

im saving that picture

Save it my friend, it's all yours ;)

Topkek

I don't think this is correct. In your scenario you're saying that someone is taking your argument but adding hyperbole and false characterization right?

Poisoning the well, as I understand it, is bringing up off topic or irrelevant information beforehand to try and ruin the audiences "first impression" of you.

Poisoning the well would be more like if you and me were going to debate economics, and I opened the debate by saying that you like to jerk off to loli, for example.

two lions > 9999

fuck off, you like to jerk off to loli.

nice quads.

That's seems like quite a nasty tactic to use on someone. I wonder if there's something worse than that...........

Don't post a request retard, just read the sticky