The reason I don't listen to critics.

this movie is so fucking good

reminded me a shit ton of Gigli desu

KINO

now watch the re-cut

>what did i just watch?
Soul

youtube.com/watch?v=ra7Fa6kE718

>What do I call an objectively bad film that everyone agress is bad?
>Oh right, kino!
>I'm hilarious

>everyone agress is bad?
not him but I never agreed, faggot

>everyone
Dat infantile solipsism.

>re-cut
What's better about it. I remember watching this movie when I was a lot younger, and having no idea what was going on.

Oh lord not this steaming piece of shit

Fuck this movie, it makes no fucking sense. If the two cop guys were parallel versions of each other why did they assume they were brothers? They would have fucking known if they had a twin right? Also, how does the universe end if the two meet cause the one pretending to be the other didn't have that problem earlier. Literally the only one good thing in this movie is the words "He is a pimp, and pimps don't commit suicide" purely because of how retarded it is.

its just different, its a different tone, its really odd to explain, now you've seen this one if you liked it, at some point watch the re-cut, it changes the movie idk its odd

or maybe your just too stupid pleb to get it?

>no idea what's going on

How is it possible not to follow this story? It's non-linear but easy to follow if you pay attention. Maybe that's the problem.

oh and I suppose the re-cut is easier to follow, but its not that hard to follow in the original release anyway so yea

its not that hard to understand why do people shit on this movie without understanding it

I don't know about the re-cut people are talking about, but I'd grab the Cannes Cut off pirate bay before it goes seedless. Best version I've seen.

thats what I meant, I guess the cinema release is the re-cut one, yea I prefer the Cannes Cut as well

What's the difference other than pacing? The only thing I remember being different is the theatrical cut had finished FX.

Certain conversations are extended (cop car conversation). The role of Kevin Smith's character is fleshed out using Janeane Garofalo. There's a few more hints at the backstory.

>Maybe that's the problem.
No, the problem is that Richard Kelly isn't a good filmmaker. He got lucky with Donnie Darko, and hasn't put anything else out that was worth a shit.
How he managed to fuck up a good premise like The Box is totally beyond me. I guess that's why he hasn't made anything in 7 years.

so, you have no criticism? your just regurgitating shit you've read?

>he thinks donnie darko was better than ST
>he thinks donnie darko was worth a shit
Pleb-a-hoy!

>inb4 more bitter flailing

This is where /tv redeems itself!!

I fucking loved this; never met another person in real life that didn't hate it...

>Can't follow a simply storyline because I was checking my phone
>obviously it's the filmmaker's fault

>actually thinks DD was good

also the NSA ladies story is expanded

Nothing wrong with hating it, IMO. I can see why it would be polarizing.

However "hurr, what's happening" is the usual complaint. Bullshit. Not if you're actually watching it.

Imagine how great it would've been if all the prologue from the accompanying graphic novel had been allowed to be filmed. I imagine it would've made it easier for all the mouthbreathers to follow.

>no criticism
He doesn't make good movies. Have you seen The Box? It's terrible despite it being a good idea to make a movie about.
Southland Tales is also an interesting idea, and the world he created was cool. Kelly is just incapable of telling a coherent story.

never read it, it still was easy to follow,

is the comic worth reading?

>What do I call an objectively bad film that everyone agress is bad?
>objectively

You wanna know how I know you're a fucking faggot?

More questions on this recut (usually love recuts: Blade Runner/Alien3).

I own the blu-ray and just checked, but there isn't a different version (although I had completely forgotten about the graphic novel prequel and animated piece in the extras).

Is the recut authorized? Where can it be found?

fucking love that movie, very PKD

>criticism
I don't think you understand what that word means,
>coherent
again just cause you can't understand it doesn't mean it was difficult to follow, your just not that bright

There's a prequel script floating around that's the same. If you liked the film, it's worth a read. It pretty much just gives more backstory leading up to the current story climate.

Cannes Cut, look it up find it yourself, shouldn't be difficult, also as an other user pointed out its the original cut, the theater release was the re-cut, after a bad reaction at Cannes, faggots

There is no recut. Well, the theatrical is the recut. The original Cannes cut is only available on pirate platforms ripped from Sky, which aired the Cannes version.

Look for one that's 160 minutes. That's the Cannes version.

>your just not that bright
>your

I might, might re-watch ST too been a few yrs

A good personal rule to follow is ignoring anyone who posts memes. It demonstrates that they haven't grown out of adolescence.

go back

>tfw you get btfo, and all you can scream is reddit

your right, I'm talking to /r9k/ here i should just stop.

movie is misunderstood because its a donnie darko sequel pretending its not

>

>your right
>your

>donnie darko sequel
as in a literal sequel? how so?

sup reddit

>being contrarian just for the sake of it

exact same wormhole plot device, just on a different setting

the rock's char acts crazy because he is seeing someone too like donnie (we just never know who), etc

>frogposting just for the sake of it

Nigga, u dum.

so a spiritual sequel? or what ever the fuck you call it,
I guess, Donnie destroys his pocket universe to save the 'real one' and Taverner maybe finishes the job and kills the universe, maybe.
yea I suppose they're kinda sequels

Originally running for 160 minutes, Southland Tales premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 2006 to a disastrous reception. Because of this, it was re-edited and shortened in length as part of the distribution deal. Since the shortened version was shown theatrically and released on DVD, the Cannes cut has been shown on Cable TV and DVD releases in Europe. Some of the changes between the theatrical cut and the Cannes cut are as follows:

Opens the same as theatrical cut, with home video in Abilene, except with music ('Water Pistol' by Moby) and runs longer. Video is also shown in its original aspect ratio, instead of cropped for 2.35:1.

Doomsday Scenario Interface is not present in the original cut, it was added to provide background information present in the graphic novels. Instead we have narration from Pilot Abilene explaining the present situation and Treer Corporation.

The meeting between the Baron and Hideo Takehashi takes place much earlier in the film, Pilot explains the Baron dislikes Takehashi.

The character of General Teena MacArthur is more fleshed out in original cut, she mainly communicates with General Simon Theory and the Baron.

Many scenes with dialog between main characters have been extended i.e. scenes with Boxer & Roland, Krysta & Cyndi, Boxer & Starla, Cyndi & Vaughn Smallhouse etc.

Pilot explains that Bart Bookman is an 'angry man' with a willingness to die.

Some events that take place are better explained in original cut e.g. Boxer ringing Fortunio before meeting him, Serpentine explaining her actions at the end.

Features additional effects of the blimp not in theatrical version.

Features music by Moby not present in theatrical version i.e. 'Ceanograph' is heard in scene giving information on the rift, 'Hotel Intro' is heard as characters visit different sections on the blimp.

frogposting is its own reward

>he doesn't know The Box is secretly about feminine comportment and how Simone de Beauvoir understood Sartre but Sartre didn't understand de Beauvoir

>neoqueers actually praising this cheap fifty cent flick

Kelley could possibly be the biggest hack who happens to think he's got the biggest sack.