Why am I supposed to hate this movie again?

Why am I supposed to hate this movie again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fIHH5-HVS9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Jay and Mike told you to.

because it's yet another superhero movie from some shitty comicbook people idolized as children

Holy shit he just went tekken 2 on his ass.

Getting pretty sick of how it's always so typical what will kill Superman.

It's never anything clever it's always just fucking kryptonite. Try something magic, or some science bullshit that'll radiate him with red sun energy. For fuck's sake.

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

The cinematography is beautiful.

It really feels like cinema and don't have that "TV movie" feeling that Marvel flicks have.

You're not supposed to hate it. You're supposed to form your own opinion.

Leave the final act of capeshit films to me.

Because it took itself too seriously. If they'd chucked in a bunch of smarminess and winks at the audience they'd have eaten this shit up.

>mfw as a Superman fan watching this fight

Holy fuck this is from BvS? This looks awesome.

If he knew kryptonite weakened Superman why didn't he just keep a chunk of it with him at all times instead of using the grenades? More importantly, why did the grenade effects fade if the particles are still inside Superman's body?

It's actually really great on the second viewing (the Ultimate edition that is).

Yeah, Snyder knows how to make superheroes seem larger than life and actually threatening.

This.

God dammit Sup Forums.

Fine, I'll watch the ultimate edition.

BvS < Civil War < BvS Ultimate Edition

Fuck bad guys. Fuck isis. Kill em, Batman. Kill em all.

>Leave capekino with me

>DCfags actually think this shit is any better than Marvel's garbage
capeshitters should be banned from this board

>That look back to confirm the kill.

You're not supposed to hate it, you're supposed to form your own opinion on it and be able to articulate it's positives and negatives and why you enjoyed it or not.

This is the part where I post the floating trunk from age of ultron

because its superhero garbage

Say what you will about BvS that fight was epic.
All 10 minutes of it

Just fucking explain the Martha scene to me already.

>This alien has a mother?
>An earth mother?
>With the same name as mine? Who's still alive? That he's fighting to save right now?
>Alfred was right, this guy isn't my enemy.

Superman begging Bats to save his mother humanizes what Bats thought was an alien with a God Complex. It's really not that hard to understand.

If this movie had REAL balls it'd have batman mouth the words "what the fuck" under his breath when he looked around the room that scene. It'd honestly be a better use of fuck than with the wheelchair guy.

Yeah basically. Don't know why people act like it's so egregious.

posting the last bit of kino I have.

Haha I'm sorry but if they're shooting at you with an uzi all bets are off.

Please do

isn't batman supposed to be really smart and logical...the worlds greatest detective even?

He was in full Dick Cheney mode this whole movie up until that point.

what is that stupid fucking suit batman is wearing?

They haven't really utilized the "world's greatest detective" label in most movies

Wait how did his actions benefit israel?

The Supesbuster.

He helped Wonder Woman.

Does someone have a link to the "look at this dude" BvS vid??

I hate it because nothing about it works and shit tier atmosphere

I have no idea what Superman even expects out of people. What else do you do when you're getting shot at by military grade weapons and you're not Superman who can just shrug it off?

Liberal critics said to hate it

What are you? Ignorant ?

kek

Holy shit nigger it's the not that hard, Batman realizes that he's the Joe Chill in this situation. The last thing Clark would say before he died was "Martha" just like Thomas Wayne did. It all comes crashing down on Batman because he's become the monster that made him become Batman in the first place.

Very well put.

>most movies
not in any live action movie

>Person realizes that he is entitled to his own thoughts and that he doesn't have to be a good little nu-male and despise any outward displays of masculine power

shut it down

What was even his motivation for killing Superman that something as trivial as 1 person's life would stop him?

here's how I explain it to plebs.

Batman wants to kiIl superman to save the world and achieve what he couldn't as batman, a hero that made a difference in the world. When he sees that superman is in the same situation his dad was, he sees that doing this wouldn't make him the hero that was savin' the world, but the viIlain that caused him to become batman. It's this contrast that makes the scene, so you have to be able to get batman's motivation to get this scene.

Alfred explicitly tells you he's not being that, pleb. Batman projects what he wants to see in superman.

lex sent him a note saying he was a homo if he didnt do it

>finally watch a bunch of their half in the bag reviews
>realize Sup Forums just parrots these two losers opinions rather than thinking for themselves

wow so batman of all people easily compromises on his principles and becomes overly emotional?

>They're going to kill Martha!
>oh my dad said Martha too
>GUESS I'M THE BAD GUY AND NOT THE GUY WHO I BELIEVE IS A THREAT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD
great writing 10/10

I really don't like the idea of knowing their identities, batman should had figured out superman's identity, if Lois managed to, then batman should had too. Also batman should had been the one keeping tabs on the other metahumans instead of stealing it from Lex

Because it's extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

It wasn't easy, this is supposed to be after years of bullshit and he's an older man.

Why was batman beating up superman again?

you posted it again you absolute madman

Nice strawman

Careless disregard for human life by an immortal god that batman sees as a threat against humanity itself if superman were to ever decide he's done with the human race.

>do you think that's fear you're breathing?

do you really think that was portrayed adequately for how irrationally he acts?

So why exactly would him having a mother named Martha impact that threat?

Pure kino. How can marvel even compete?

>Ultimate Edition

Lex is still garbage.
The "Batman's dream vision" sequence is still unnecessary.
The JLA setup scenes are still jarringly inserted in.
Wonder Woman still has zero development and is just pasted in to set her up for other movies.

Generally speaking the whole approach is flawed.
In MCU most, if not all, superheroes were previously established by the time Avengers rolled out. Even the primary villain in the movie, Loki, was previously established.

In BvS Superman had a previous movie where he was a reluctant autist and it was a first showing for Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex and all the other cameos.
And considering how uncharismatic Superman is the whole thing ends up just being weird.
It's like they're trying to do a serious movie but the elements just don't add up.
Also an additional problem is that Snyder is still in his Watchmen mode of directing where the only mood anyone has is "depressed".
The yet another DBZ final segment with the entire landscape being reduced to rubble is yet another poor choice

Oh yes, let's not forget that in his first DCU showing Batman is already in his DKR mode, Superman in his second movie is already in his Death of Superman mode and the JLA doesn't even exist.
The entire thing is just poor choices stacked into an unsound whole.

BvS was terribly written no matter how you frame it.

>batman should had been the one keeping tabs on the other metahumans instead of stealing it from Lex

Yeah, this would have fit Batman really well, like how he has contingency plans to kill every member of the Justice League if any of them go rogue.

Like this

>Marvel Reddit Universe

lol

Because marvel paid reviewers to tell you to.

>gets completely BTFO
>hurr redit

kek

I was a staunch theatrical cut defender
But the Ultimate Cut is meh. And releasing it at all was a terrible decision.

Now the theatrical cut will NEVER acheive recognition unless it finds new life on syndication.

Theatrical BvS could have been a postmidernly appreciated Kubrickesque masterpiece if the UC didnt unwind the tension and dilute public opinion for the sake of damage control

Shake my goddamn motherfucking head

Please post more (((rotten tomato))) arguments

Read up.

Jesus Christ this is some of the most floaty fight choreography I've seen since RWBY

Here ya go

this is like a 12 year old using a video editor, >flashes of light.
>so dark cant see anything
>closeups so noone knows what is happening
it looks like shit sir!

Only saw ultimate edition
It was pretty decent

Literally everything was ok until the fucking Wonder Woman music or w/e the fuck she is

That was so
so fucking bad

I said (((RT))) not reddit

Still miles better than Martha

>JLA
What does the A stand for? Is it not just justice league?

HAHAHAHAH AND THEY PLAYED IT COMPLETELY STRAIGHT

What metric would you like to use to measure the quality of a film?

That's actually not Wonder Woman.

She actually isnt even in the DCEU.

>it's Sup Forums when I like it and reddit when I dislike it
DC appeals to normies due to the whole "muh batman so dark so geeky" as much as MCU's "so geeky so funny"

It's lines like this that half the marveldrones didn't understand and for the other half it hit too close to home.

So they turn to marvel flicks where no one is bad, where no one dies and everyone trades lighthearted quips to escape their pathetic one dimensional lives.

They didn't even have the balls to kill ironmans pet nigger sidekick

Yeah I'm so hype for Justice League!

I hate quips.

youtu.be/fIHH5-HVS9o

oh wait…

A non reddit numale source

Batman showing absolutely no respect for his parents is a very good subversion of the character and shows how much DC is willing to go to make truly bold moves

Who the fuck was this guy at the end?

>Parents
So Bruce did consider the idea that this alien had parents? Before Muh Martha? Which means it's for sure solely because her name was Martha, right?

harambe