What's Sup Forums currently listening to?

What's Sup Forums currently listening to?
Also general music thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4gUFBLuzjs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lEf-nsI8o
youtube.com/watch?v=-FkdK3mJW8o
youtu.be/F8AMa3uC7rw
youtu.be/2MkfTYPmLlA
youtu.be/WTbpEH2PCKU
soundcloud.com/mvejimv/eternal
soundcloud.com/fuckingawesomemusic/c-l-e-m-e-n-t-n-o-4k
soundcloud.com/bioscape/caverns-of-perception
soundcloud.com/cosmosis-official/afterglow
soundcloud.com/mindspring-music/taotempo-harmonic-libations
soundcloud.com/greekbillay
soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/sets/terr046-deadcrow-night
youtu.be/Zua9RlosehI
youtu.be/zPEj9MGQcn0
soundcloud.com/biosifidis
youtube.com/watch?v=GOlkRP6zNlY
youtu.be/89v-E9H5oTc
youtu.be/YI8yvTXNNeU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=v12ttbWvr3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

u like house music pham?

Yeah man been into a variety of edm for a while

k, i mixed this one, hope u like

youtube.com/watch?v=f4gUFBLuzjs

I'd love to hear it but sadly it's not available in my country

Nothing music is dead and no longer real anymore. All REAL musicians are dead. Now all we got is your garbage edm shit and rap. All of you ruined music forever and there's no going back

sucks

>impying you cant listen to older music
>implying all moder music is trash
just gotta search deeper m8

No no no not what I'm saying it's NOT MUSIC

This

Maybe its SOUNDS put to a BEAT but that's NOT music. Music is only 7 notes put into scales and keys and I don't hear that at all in any edm. Sure maybe they sample violins or other stupid shit but to me it don't count.

And there IS a couple new artists that I DO listen to. But they play REAL instrument not just on their computer

vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

whos talking about edm?

i was talking about music in general. Theres really good music these days, or u can explore and find more artists/tracks made in the past by artists you like.

And talking about edm, there also good recent stuff. I know edm golden era was like early 90s, but still, theres a lot of good stuff being released daily today mostly n the underground.

>Implying I have robot ears

what u mean?

Good job you gave me a definition but EDM doesn't do that for me. Believe me I've listen to so much shit offered to me but never ONCE have I found EDM or ANY form of it enjoyable in the least. It's what's slowly becoming popular and it'll die and fade out into nothingness just as all fads do. Just like ANY band who had a popular single in the 90s. You still listen to the Toadies? Doubt it.

Grandma's boy reference sorry. Main antagonist listens to nothing but loud ass edm and acts like a robot and tells people you need robot ears to listen to it

Opinion is subjective, buts not am opunion that literally anything can be music. Maybe not oldfag music tho

again, i wanst talking about EDM.

Theres still good music (not only edm) being released today.
You just gotta explore more becase i agree, most modern music is SHIT.

Just about anything coming from Australia is off the hook right now so I agree. But IM talking about edm and pop and rap mainly.

Hey you like what you like but edm works for me. Not saying that it's the only kind of music I listen to but I still like it. And hey at least you aren't one of those faggots who bash shit and never even gave it a try. If you don't like it fair enough.

Maybe music TASTE yeah but I'm sorry but if they aren't playing instruments then it's not music to me. Makes no sense to be able to just sing or make some bullshit that sounds cool and call it music.

pop is poopoo

rap is just niggs yelling, not even music

and some consider pop and rap as EDM genres, since they are electronic and you can dance to them.

Also, most music is electronic: even rock bands use computers to mix, process, edit, add effects, etc

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lEf-nsI8o

>if they aren't playing instruments then it's not music
wow
people is SO ignorant...

also
>not appreciating the amazing sounds that can be generated by no other means than using machines, which can also act like instruments.

Thats just ignorant and close minded , user

Yeah I just don't understand it in the slightest. Like beats antique is cool as shit don't get me wrong but it doesn't have MEANING or weight to it. It's just background noise for me.

I feel you there bro. But anyways this is a thread for music appreciation what kind of music are you into?

You like Jazz?

I understand that I'm not stupid. But it's one thing to make sounds from your computer or some program and say it's song you wrote cause it's not.

Then call me ignorant and stupid then. Cause it's not beauty. It's machinery and I don't find beauty in that. I find beauty in wood and copper strings and natural things. We humans do nothing but destroy and call it creation. Just because you annihilate something to make it SEEM new doesn't mean it is new

youtube.com/watch?v=-FkdK3mJW8o

I do actually. I'm a HUGE fan of the Dead. I've been into grunge a lot lately a lot of AiC. I also like incubus and they have a dj but hes old school and actually does shit thats tight. It's an extra layer to music I'll admit but I can't do just electronic stuff. The Murlocs in Australia are slowly becoming my favorite current band at the moment

youtu.be/F8AMa3uC7rw

This is The Murlocs from Australia love them. I've been into SOME indie stuff but I don't really consider it indie it's more like phychedelic relaxation music to me. Stuff like The Mystic Braves or Allah-Las.

Various producers do generate an emotion through certain sounds and melodies. Emotions can give a producer the motivation to make (or use) sounds that also could effect one another's emotion(s).

Believe me I know. That's why I listen to the music I do. But never have I ever FELT anything from any form of EDM or just anything totally electronic before. Even sad electronic spacy shit doesn't make me feel the way real music does.

youtu.be/2MkfTYPmLlA

This to me is emotion. Pure true emotion and I can listen to it on repeat for probably the rest of my life.

>Cause it's not beauty. It's machinery
cmon, dont be a mongoloid man....
acoustic bands use synthesizers, software and computers to tweak, master, produce and add stuff post production.

even the "super cool" bands you like do that, lol

Interesting pick user. You listen to the ink spots?

Plese be b8

I suppose from your own perspective, EDM doesn't really have a meaning. If you did dig deep into it, you MIGHT... just might find some sort of meaning behind it. Then again, our kind and your kind differ in perspective. What you don't see, is what we see. Know what I mean?

jesus christ thats awful

youtu.be/WTbpEH2PCKU

This aswell. Not even sad sounding stuff but there's so much emotion there in this performance it's tear bringing to me. Ive never seen a dj put on an emotional journey of a show. It's just bright lights and loud bass. They sit up there and press play and that's about it. There's no challenge or improvision. There's no true talent in my opinion. Sure maybe they did something cool on the computer but listen to the same damn song a million times is boring to me. That's why I like live bands because they are PLAYING music and can change stuff and the instruments are having conversations with each other and when a band is on fire and doing really well there is nothing more beautiful or amazing than that.

Ok now we're getting into some deep fundamental shit...

Nope I just want to be a REAL musician but I can't unless I make some shitty beats that I hate and be some Skrillex looking faggot. Sorry not for me.

Trentemoller on roskilde in 2009 did a very (For me) emotional show where he invited all the musicians he had ever sampled and had them on stage with him and put on a hell of a theatric, maybe you just listen to shit electronic musicians that doesn't want to put in the money fora good show (He went 3 million over budget from his own pocket)

I've seen some edm artists use converted instruments for there live stuff. I.e. guitars, bass, or drums. So sometimes they do actually play something

Listen I get where you are coming from but either way the BANDS I listen to come together as a collective and make MUSIC. Using JUST a computer or JUST a synthesizer is just alien to me. I HATE the sound of the synthesizer so no. I don't listen to much bands that use one. Like I said don't get me wrong I know how music is produced I'm not fucking stupid but the bands I listen to actually do a good job and probably don't require that much processing in the end. Years of practice and talent leaves machinery absolet in my opinion

>EDM has still instruments in it
>Your musicans are using synthesiser too
Dude

No but I'll give them a try

Oh i understand you, various modern DJs dont do much but visuals and knobs. Hype is also a form of emotion, and thats what you would get out of modern EDM concerts. What I am saying, is whether it is hype or depressing, its still emotion.

See that's fucking cool but it's rare to see that. Where I live it's all just raving music and the 'concerts' they have are just an excuse to do drugs or get all fucked up on booze. I like doing drugs too don't get me wrong but I just hate the scene of it and the noise and just everything about it

Ohhh, you still need to know what your doing. Man, just because it's not made of wood and strings, it doesn't mean it's pure shit. You're the cringe on legs

Which EDM then? Cause I haven't heard much that has good real stuff sorry

Usually rocking some form of chill edm. Been listening to some Audioslave today though because of Chris Cornell's death. Here's a few electronic tracks I just listened to.

soundcloud.com/mvejimv/eternal

soundcloud.com/fuckingawesomemusic/c-l-e-m-e-n-t-n-o-4k

Any of you faggs here listen to psychill? Easily one of my favorite genres.

soundcloud.com/bioscape/caverns-of-perception

soundcloud.com/cosmosis-official/afterglow

soundcloud.com/mindspring-music/taotempo-harmonic-libations

Oh and protip, enable soundcloud embedding in Sup Forums settings. youtube audio quality sucks and you should always use soundcloud for superior sound unless you really like the video.

Give celldweller/Circle of Dust a try

Well I don't get hype then I guess. I just don't even for things I like. I don't get all hyped up over anything cause I learned that anytime you get hyped up you come down twice as hard when you're let down

To me it is. Sorry.

Okay I will

that sounds sad as fuck.

What are you still have? Rock uses synthesisers, metal too. Only music kind of music that's still the same is classic.

Yeah idk it's all the same to me :/ sorry just really loud and seems forced

That's cause it is. Life is sad. Never have I once been happy except when I listen to music. EDM just makes me angry and disappointed

>Give it a try
>Listen 5 sec of the first song you see

Man, you can't rate music from the first two notes

It's understandable to be old-fashion with music, but music is music no matter what generation if aims for.

I never said the use of electronic stuff was bad. Just using ONLY a synthesizer or ONLY being a DJ is just stupid to me.

soundcloud.com/greekbillay

Circle of Dust isn't half bad but it just seems like everything else. How most metal sounds nowadays. But it isn't BAD. And no I'll be honest I tried listening to multiple songs of that other one I didn't enjoy it all. Sorry.

Music is art and you can't even see its all beauty. Your live must be depressing

But if there's not notes or scales or for fucks sakes a key then TECHNICALLY it's not music. Maybe that's just all the years I played trumpet and other instruments but EDM doesn't fit that form. It's an art on its own terms don't get me wrong it just isn't MUSIC to me.

It is. Music is definitiont as a follow up of sounds. So when you clap with your hands, just for fun, you TECHNICALLY make music on a very simple level.

Oh my god. Look you're getting the wrong idea here. I'm strictly talking about edm such as Skrillex or deadmouse or whatever the fuck just shit like that. And it IS an art I get that but it ISNT music. Don't Tell me about beauty buddy cause I fucking love music and art and beauty I just don't think noises that is made from a programming is music. That is all I'm saying. Yes my personal opinion is that it sucks. But I don't let that take away from the artists. Just like country, I'm not a fan but it's still good stuff.

It is possible to translate it onto a scale. Your whole point of this is EDM. You just think of EDM as nothing, when it really is something.

I guess so. Rythym is rythym though. It's a form of music sure but even just a guitar can't make full music. Even Jimi Hendrix had a band behind him you know?

FFS niggerrrrrr

THOSE same bands you like so much USED electronic devices to record, edit, produce, masterize, etc etc... most likely they even included synthesizers, some electronic pads or other isounds in them... What u gonna do!? Stop listen to them because that was involved! its shit.

>leaves machinery absolet
fucking wow. seriously.

also, post some of the tracks u like pls

You are entitled to your opinion, but you don't get to decide what is and isn't music. So you should at least recognize it as such.

soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/sets/terr046-deadcrow-night

No it's something. Just something I do not understand or enjoy in the slightest.

soundcloud.com/greekbillay follow me b/tos and tell me what you think

Grand Theft Auto Liberty City stories has a great house soundtrack on it's RISE FM station.

youtu.be/Zua9RlosehI

youtu.be/zPEj9MGQcn0

Just a few and listen man I listen to the fucking Doors aswell and 90% of there stuff is a fucking synth organ okay? But there SHOULD be more than just some fucking electronic sounds to be called music. You aren't going to change my opinion. Sorry to piss you off so much.

And half the time I listen to live albums anyways. There is a time and place for electronic fuckery in music okay I get it. But i wouldn't want people to think of me as a musician if all I do is sit on my computer and program a song. You're a programmer not a musician. Sorry man

Look man it doesn't really even matter because you are all winning anyway. Literally ALL of my favorite artists are fucking dead and gone. So have fun paying 200 dollars to watch a light show and some dude dance

so playing a guitar only is only stupid?
playing a piano only is stuipid?
whats the fucking difference?

synthesizer can play any sound, its infinite the amount of sounds u can create with one of those. You can make them sound like a guitar, bass, whatever.
Is that stupid to play?

And what is wrong wiith DJs? they mix musig so it doesnt stop, and also create music realtime using overlayed loops, synthezisers, mixing, etc.
Whats wrong with that.

Do you play any instrument?

I think this thread developed kinda badly

Volbeat just started on my playlist.

Yes I do actually. Guitar piano trumpet mainly. And yes that is what I'm saying. Not even Jerry Garcia could do a solo show. It's hard stuff man music is a collective. Its a group effort to be on the same level to create something out of thin air. It's the closest thing we got to magic. And I get that to an extent but i also don't think remixing shit makes it your own or new at all. I just don't sorry

Nothing is WRONG with it. Never said that it just isn't creating new music. Or music at all unless they sample something that is music. Music to me is just instruments man. Again sorry but nothing gonna change my opinion on this

see? thats whats wrong....

you playing your trumplet IS music. Some might like it, some wont. But it is music. And playing trumpet alone is not stupid. Same way with a synth that can make 99999999 sounds, including the sound of a trumpet.

soundcloud.com/biosifidis
check it

Like I said, they create music in real time FFS, read again.
Like when u play notes improvising with ur trumpet.

>Music to me is just instruments man
the sounds DJs play were made with instruments: real instrument, electronic instruments or a combination of both.

im not going to even talk about of the other dumb shit ur saying, srsly man,
u are very dense,
im out of here.

for fucks
damn fucking
sake

Well then come back when you've written a symphony with nothing but a synthesizer then we'll talk. And I'm talking about at least 10 different instruments, each one having at least two different parts, with correct phrasing and key changes, and don't forget about tempo changes cause that REALLY makes a piece good

Bye

youtube.com/watch?v=GOlkRP6zNlY

youtu.be/89v-E9H5oTc

can i point out andy mckee?

beats antique is acid party festivalmusic. that is not edm man
youtu.be/YI8yvTXNNeU

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v12ttbWvr3I

Basically how I feel 100%