Why do Marvel movies look and feel so cheap?

Why do Marvel movies look and feel so cheap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vvMJs3GjTls
youtube.com/watch?v=_iu5TnvEUs8
youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you can actually see things in them.

Let's see your movie, fuckface

Really makes you think

How so?

My movie would look and feel cheap too, but I don't have the largest entertainment conglomerate in the world handing me a blank check to keep my money printing business afloat.

its a comic book movie. it's the aesthetic.

Because their only competition comes from DC

Because when the quality of the story is good people tend to overlook the superficial stuff

The first Avengers looks like a fucking TV movie because Marvel decided to hire a fucking TV director to shoot it.

Utter shit.

Sure, I'll need $250 million for that argument to work though.

youtube.com/watch?v=vvMJs3GjTls
youtube.com/watch?v=_iu5TnvEUs8
youtube.com/watch?v=-m6UKS1L0YQ
Everything looks flat and blandly lit. It's like a TV show.

This. I'd say most of the films look great but Avengers is just fucking horrendous

The costuming is amazing in both Thor movies, and possibly the best in the MCU.

The whole MCU is made for tv, so that all movies seem to connect with eachother and make for a good coherent ongoing story.

>its a comic book movie
>just turn your brain off
>it's fun
Capeshit will remain trash as long as the audience tolerates trash.

They aren't colorized like a 90's grunge music video.

wat? How does making something look like television help out with continuity? Is it because TV shows are serialized? So, like, if you make it look like TV, the story will somehow be like TV? If I dressed like a Dr. Pepper would I taste like a Dr. Pepper?

these are IPs built around people dressing up as clowns to punch other people who dress up as clowns.

Its going to be trash no matter what.

the movies are all going to age like complete fucking shit and guess what, the studios want that so that they can remake all of these lovely movies.

According to who and beginning from when? Dark Knight doesn't look like TV. Sin City, Watchmen, and 300 don't look like TV. In fact, they have an apparent comic book aesthetic.

So "too dark to see much of anything" is comic book aesthetic to you?

Its harder and more costing for diferrent directors to assert a certain style. Television cookie cutter style is the easiest one to go after.

And yeah, because they are serialized. If every movie look the same the whole thing will look more coherent, like a comic series with different writers each issue but same artists.

honestly i watch capeshit for fun but most if not all of them are so forgettable
i watched all of them both from marvel and dc, and i can vaguely remember the general plot but not any special moments beside a couple funny scenes that i will remember if somebody remind me

I love when painfully non-creative people try to talk about the creative industry like it's banks.

>There are a clearly defined range of things which can be considered interesting or artistic because I can't imagine anything than what I've been shown before.

It's cute.

Marvel hires TV directors who will be yesmen.

Dark Knight is 'too dark to see anything'? You got something wrong with your eyes?

>tfw an actual TV show looks less like a TV show than anything from the """cinematic""" MCU

youtube.com/watch?v=4SZ3rMMYBLY

Noah Hawley is here to save capeshit.

has loki got out of the closet already? what about captain?

I like when autistic people who've obsessed over comic books for so long they don't even notice the fact everyone is dressed like a gay clown don't understand that most people will see that everyone is dressed like a gay clown.

Or if its a snyder movie, BDSM clowns.

This looks like shit. It's not flatly lit like the inside of a KMart. How am I supposed to see what's going on?

kill yourself

There's been great capeshit comics though, and a movie environment could allow for some unique takes on the genre.

>like a comic series with different writers each issue but same artists.
This has actually never happened before. It's always the inverse, due to the fact a writer can get more work done compared relatively to an artist.

Also sometimes because the writer is considered more important than the artist, but that's usually for shit series.

>Because when the quality of the story is good people tend to overlook the superficial stuff

i think he refer to sin city, but i could be wrong

So, that`s why we notice how cheap marvel is?

> gay clown don't understand that most people will see that everyone is dressed like a gay clown.
And yet these movies are still the highest grossing films in the entire fucking world. But yes, YOU are the majority. Please neuter yourself.

capt is dating a big tits jew
loki is dating taylor swift so i guess he won't come out for a while

The one attempt at taking one of the harder comics and making a movie out of it, watchmen, just proved you can't make movies out of anything more complex than "punch crime" unless you plan to write something almost completely unique. But even then, it'll go over most people's heads.

Yes, the movies that acknowledge the silliness of the entire concept/situation are some of the highest grossing films.

Are my eyeballs superficial too? Do you watch all your movies with your eyes shut? If it's oh so superficial then fucking go read a book.

ITT DCuks desperate and still mad as fuck at Rotten Tomatoes

/thread

Speaking more to 300, watchmen, and sin city, which all use high contrast low light and absurd filters to hide the cheapness everything.

The dark knight just makes sure none of the "comic booky" elements are ever cleanly visible for more than a second, and, if they are, its dark.

The Netflix shows look like films to me. Hahaha but they're practically not connected to the MCU whatsoever.

>MCUcks think Chris Evans post us hurts us
Reminds me of an autistic retard that I used to know who's comeback was saying the same retarded shit

>Or if its a snyder movie, BDSM clowns.
You're getting Snyder mixed with Nolan. Bale and his suit = total gimp. He even has the voice of someone that gets facefucked regularly.

That's like having to be a fucking chef to critique someone else's food
>MCUcks resorting to this asshurt child behavior
No wonder you like kiddy shit movies.

In this case, it's because you used a still of fembot Hiddleston instead of based Downey.

>TV director

This

They are kids movies and kids dont pay attention to these sort of things

>Speaking more to 300, watchmen, and sin city, which all use high contrast low light and absurd filters to hide the cheapness everything.
You mean the way they actually utilize inventive cinematography to recreate the source material as opposed to filming a low budget made for tv movie and saying, 'good enough'? Fuckin' hacks!

Not to mention a fat cuck

> go to be Zack

Those examples are promo posters, not actually from the movie itself.

The movie didn't come anywhere close to the source material, but that's not due to Snyder, for the most part, that's because what made Watchmen great relies on its initial existence as a comic.

Oooooooh oooh fuck, this

really makes you think..

>behind the scene picture
It's like showing a scene where you can see the green screens and saying that the movie looks like shit.

You must not have movie theaters/TV with 3D c

>movies are the realm of intellectuals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH BOY

The most intellectual a movie is without being educational is like the most dumbest level in almost every other unrelated medium.

Are comic books a massively American thing?

I like Batman but all this Marvel stuff is fucking shit

Space viking

Captain America

Bow and arrow guy

yeah iron man and hulk are just gay as fuck sticks

Gimme a batman and superman anyday

Batman is nothing like Iron Man
and Hulk is nothing like Superman.

The movie looks like shit.

I never said "intellectual" I said "not trash". Asking for competence is different than claiming superiority.

>unrelated medium
Unrelated, what mediums? I'm genuinely curious.

>Are comic books a massively American thing?
Japan has a bigger comics industry, sales-wise.

America has a fascination with capeshit culture, especially now with all these blockbusters. Hasn't quite translated to enormous leaps in sales in American comics though.

>The most intellectual a movie is without being educational is like the most dumbest level in almost every other unrelated medium.
This unironically reads like it was written by a 13 year old.

Yes, Hulk and Superman are basically the same character, much like Penn Jillette and Aleister Crowely are basically the same person.

wth is that for real?

DC movies are so sad and shitty tho

because its capeshit.
capeshit is cheap entertainment

'fraid so

I dont know about you, but I will never not be impressed by Iron Mans armor
In every movie it looks so fucking real. I swear to got when I watched the first movie in the cinema I was a hundred percent immersed into it, when Tony donned the Mark 3 for the first time it was like I was literally in that room by his side watching him putting it on
I mean holy shit I always think it could be real every time I rewatch a Marvel movie with Iron Man in it.

Because they're bad.

That one is good though.

No, capeshit will remain trash because it's based on children's picture books