The Hobbit Fan Edit

Daily reminder that this guy edited the hobbit movies into one movie that is almost LOTR quality.

maple-films.com/the-hobbit-fan-edit

Other urls found in this thread:

maple-films.com/uploads/3/9/0/2/39021745/hobbit_bluray_cover_blue.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dozens of people made shitty Hobbit fanedits. There just isn't enough good material there to edit into something worthwhile.

It's sad if you edit someone elses work cuz you didn't like it.

Fan edits made by complete shits.

No, but this one came close.

>almost lotr quality
nah it till has its faults either way its watchable though

the hobbit would have possibly been 100 times better if they just made two movie

Lord of the Rings was garbage so that's not saying much.

whats the durins folk edit? the prelude and flashbacks and such?

theres a 45 minute edit of the gandalf necromqncer sideplot

I'm telling you, this one is.
He regraded the colors to be less overblown.
He cut out EVERYTHING involving Tauriel.
Legolas has like 60 seconds of screentime.
Azog had like 60 percent of his scenes cut out.
-no gold statue melting
-no dol guldur subplot
-cut down the goblin town escape
-cut down the barrel chase drastically
-inserted the dwarf theme into the footage from the second and third movies at appropriate times
-radagast is not in the film

and tons of other stuff.

This guy is amazing.
There is only one edit that seems slightly everything else is as professional as a hollywood production.

kill yourself immediately

i dont know if ive seen this edit, i think i saw the 'there and back again' one. ill check it out.

>walking, the movie

Fury Road sucked for the same reason. Although they drove in that one, but for entertainment purposes, it's essentially the same as walking.

>fan edits

This is an actual thing? People unironically watch this stupid shit?

fury road sucks i agree

i think lotr is overrated but fellowship of the ring is perfect

the hobbit was so disappointing it led to massive fan edits, the one user is talking about seems cool i like that it changed the shitty color grading

Makes no sense to complain about walking.

You're implying it's boring because walking is boring, but LOTR would've been a lot more boring if they stayed in the Shire and didn't *WALK* to all these different exciting settings and landscapes.

In short, die faggot

>we have to take this macguffin across this whole imaginary map, Frodo
>Okay Gandy, do you think it'd be a good idea for me to have a personal stake in this so people actually care about me?
>No, you're just a messenger, the ringbearer can be any fucking hoser

Frodo's personal stake in this is that his de facto father found the ring and it passed to Frodo, becoming his responsibility. He has to leave what he loves to save it.

The ringbearer needs to be an innocent Hobbit because anyone else would've been corrupted

Try again cumstain

The film contains a large amount of scenes that aren't in the source material and can very easily be removed. So instead of a terrible and bloated 8 hour version, you can watch a 4 hour film that is mostly true to the books and maintains the aesthetic of the original lotr films.

I saw some Star Wars prequels edits and they were good, with better pacing than the actual movies. Never saw a Hobbit one, but maybe I'll do one of these days.

Someone besides op redpill me on this fan edit. There are so many shitty ones

this coverart is comfy and gorgeous i would make one of these if i could but i suck and will only download

maple-films.com/uploads/3/9/0/2/39021745/hobbit_bluray_cover_blue.jpg

Red pill you how? It's no masterpiece, but it at least makes them watchable.

I thought the best bits of the hobbit trilogy were the extended scenes from mirkwood in desolation of smaug. it was directed very well until the elves show up

>maple-films.com/uploads/3/9/0/2/39021745/hobbit_bluray_cover_blue.jpg

this cover convinces me more than the shilling in this thread ever could

the first two are already fine. only the barrel scene was truly awful.

/thread

I think the maple cut doesn't actually include those, which is a shame. It wouldn't be particularly difficult to splice them in for yourself though.

>the first two are already fine.
The radaghast and tauriel subplots drag them down hard.

>posts image of some shitty jap cartoon movie with an androgyn character head with fake orange hair

>can imagine the meaty hambeast cheetos encrusted fingers that stroke his mangled goatee covering a megachin that still has microlipid KFC grease phoresing through the obese cell sublayers

>criticizes LOTR

some self reflection is in order, Connoisseur

go to the OPs link theres a green red orange and purple version as well

damnit i loved the scenes of them being retarded and bilbo going across the stream

>damnit i loved the scenes of them being retarded and bilbo going across the stream
It really bothers me they took those out, but put the barrel scenes in. I hated how short the mirkwood sequences were watching them in theaters.