I need some advice Sup Forums

I need some advice Sup Forums

My grandma had schizophrenia and was put into a home later on in her life. She said it was the worst thing that's ever happened to her and she would rather have cancer again (which she did) than have an ordeal like that again.

I've been told you shouldn't take physcoactive drugs if schizophrenia runs in the family but is there any truth to this?

I'm a pretty chill guy with no worries and would say I'm able minded so I have no immediate cause for concern.

The thing is there's no way of seeing it coming, the experience brings it out of you

Paranoid schizophrenic drug addict checking in.

Psychoactive substances can trigger the (earlier) onset of illness such as schizo. There are many studies suggesting that drugs can trigger an underlying condition, but can't cause it.
That said your vulnerability to psychosis is determined by alot of factors, but mostly by your social life, economic background, wether you live in a city or not, how you cope with your emotions, stress and if you exercise and or eat healthy.

I would say it's 70% determined by the enviroment you're in.

If you wish to know more feel free to ask.

What tips can I do if I have high anxiety?

Thanks for the post man! I live in the country side with green fields full of little magic mushrooms. All very relaxed. Might start off small and see how we go. Hope it gets easier for you man

Try to determine the root of your fears. Stay away from stimulants like caffeine, cocaine or other dopaminergics.
Get your serotonin up by eating bananas, doing some excercise. Talk about your anxiety with someone you trust or respect, that can rationalize your thoughts and reflect on them.

SSRI's and Benzo's are last resort in my oppinion (pharma meds)

Be very careful what you pick and eat. One small mistake can cost you your life. Don't be fooled by nature.

Thanks, yea I do not want to take meds. I noticed excercise regularly helps, I'll try eating better too.

Look into 5-htp as a supplement.

By the way, I took mushrooms last weekend. Small dose, but enough. I feel more clear headed now. Not really a sign of psychosis.

the truth is, there is not enough research to definitely say anything.

trip at your own risk man. but i wouldn't suggest it due to all the anecdotal evidence supporting psychs causing pre existing conditions to emerge.

also, there was study saying growing up with cats increased the risk of developing schizophrenia.

I've read that. Didn't it have to do with cats carrying a certain brain parasite that doesn't affect them, but does affect humans?

Psych nurse of 21 years currently working in substance misuse checking in.
Great summary mate, spot on.

I tried shrooms for the first time last weekend. I was drunk with my wife and friends out if town. Myself and another guy dropped a shroom each. After 20 minutes the other guy who had done it before was tripping seeing all kinds of shit like lights changing colours and the floor sliding. Meanwhile I couldn't see shit so I took 4 more. He was like "either you're going to trip hard or your immune or something". I figured I was immune and sent him to bed as he was falling asleep. Then the moment I was alone I immediately felt unsafe for some reason unknown so I decided to go to the toilet then bed. When I got to the toilet I felt the need to vomit but didn't, then reality torn apart. Continuing...

Bump

You don't measure shrooms by individual shrooms you measure dose by weight.

I felt like I was flickering in and out of reality. It was as if I had seen the other side of existence and was having a hard time holding onto the reality I'd came to accept. I figured I needed to sleep it off so I curled up next to me wife and closed my eyes. Thats when I saw the aztec serpents. They looked like a triangular version of snake playing out in my head. It was literally slim pixel looking but I knew what they were. Then it was like a flickering redish/bluish demon-like creature was showing itself and thats when my thoughts got really loud and like rapid firing out of a machine gun. It was like I was thinking a thousand thoughts a minute. Cont...

moar

Man you tripped hard...

This all may sound cool but I promise you this was thecmost frightening experience of my life. I had just realized after 27 years the reality I knew mean't nothing and that the universe seemingly had no rules. I thought I had lost my mind and that I'd never come back. That's when I had to wake my wife up for company. I tried to explain what was going on but I sure I sounded mad asking her questions like "Am I real?" and "can you please explain to me who I am because I don't know anymore?" she ended up throwing on Community on her tablet and I tried to focus on that which is when it turned into a battle between me and the schrooms. Cont...

Schizophrenia is a genetic predisposition to directly perceiving the archetypal symbols and narratives from which representational reality is constructed. Once upon a time, schizophrenics became the shamans, saints, prophets, and oracles which kept the tribe in touch with the spiritual. As our society has become sick with materialist obsession, the role schizophrenics once fulfilled has not only been taken away, but the abilities of schizophrenics have been declared to be "mental illness."

If you're asking whether psychoactive drugs can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenics, the answer is yes. But this is not necessarily a bad thing if you've developed the discipline and understanding necessary to deal with ego-death and altered states of consciousness. But if you go this route, you will need to learn how to hide from the sleepers. They do not understand the deep mysteries, and they have an instinctive fear and hatred of those who do.

At this point I was downing a big bottle of water and trying to focus but the thoughts were loud and distracting enough that it was almost impossible to know what was going on in the show. I was trying to google stuff on my phone like "how many schrooms til od" and "how to stop bad trips on schrooms" which would usually be easy but was so fucking hard to do with a thosand loud af thoughts shouting at you over and over. I got up to piss which was scary as the house was now empty and silence was the enemy. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror my pupils were huge with a slim brown line around them. I thought "fuck I've really over done it, I'm going to be fucked forever after this." Cont.

Very intresing.

As soon as you enter this mind space you are doomed

dont think it was a parasite. but im pretty sure it was some kind of bacteria.

its kinda strange either way. i feel like cats are very close to another realm.

make sure its dry weight.

fresh shrooms will have a ton of water weight

>I'm going to be fucked forever after this
classic

Fresh mushrooms make me gag, I have a hard time keeping them down. Dried mushrooms taste like stale potato chips and can be munched on effortlessly.

If you have a predisposition to schizophrenia ie it was passed onto you, psychoactive drugs can potentially trigger it, yes.

i here putting them with something makes it better.

tea or pbj sandwich are the popular choices

I would like to hear more from you, about anything. Please. I think you are probably someone who knows things that few people do.

I went back to bed and kept trying to fight off the thoughts until I heard my wifes friend walk past my door. I went out and thanked her so much. she was having trouble sleeping and after seeing me twitching and struggling to talk agreed to stay up and keep me company. I yold her what I had experienced and she told me of a similar trip she had which help heaps. Then when the sun began to rise she took me outside to see how the trees were alive which is a cool feature of schrooms. There was no wind but you could still see them move. She calmed me right down and I was sooo lucky to have her there.

Overall it was a terrifying and enlightening experience. I learned a lot about myself and everything else. I will never be the same again which I mean in a good way but also I went from being an almost everyday pot smoker to a once in a while pot smoker. It showed me everythings good in moderation but to anyone thinging of doing psychedelics, it's nothing that you can expect. Whatever you think it will be like, you're wrong, I was, you will be. It's different for everyone and bad trips are really fucking bad. No nightmare can make up for it. I'm going to try it once more but just one schroom no alcohol and not anytime soon. Make sure you have company, NEVER DO IT ALONE!

>Only here for Gorillaz gifs

You can learn from the same sources I have: Terence McKenna, Julian Jaynes, Joseph Campbell, Carl Jung, and Aleister Crowley, for example. Just remember something the Zen master D.T. Suzuki wrote as you're learning: "To point at the moon a finger is needed, but woe to those who take the finger for the moon."

Agreed

I know but we didn't weigh.

I will keep that in mind. Thank you!