Why do you people use "millennial" as an insult here? This site was founded by millennials...

Why do you people use "millennial" as an insult here? This site was founded by millennials. Even those of you who consider yourselves to be "oldfags" are almost exclusively millennials. My parents are millennials, and I'm 18 already. Isn't my generation the worst one yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lfLR6Qe5azw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These dates seem off

They seemed weird when I saw them too, but I think that's just because of the intense hatred millennials voice for each other unknowingly all the time. They all try to disassociate themselves with the word at all costs.

Millenials and centennials the same thing. Gen y was a buzzwordin the 90s, so I guess kids growing up back then are generation y?

Are you saying that I am in the same generation as my parents?

Typically, millenials are seen as a liberal generation. The edgy alt-right wannabes of Sup Forums, who screams libcuck anytime anyone criticizes the retard Donald Trump, are themselves millenials, but they enjoy perceiving themselves as the minority who "gets it"/havent been brainwashed by MMS etc.

Did that make sense, sweetie?

I thought the "Millennial" cutoff was 1982-1999 because the oldest would have been 18 in 2000

Why aren't millennials considered to be people born this millennium, as in 2000 and later?

Dude, I'm in my late thirties and remember when MTV launched, call waiting came out, and life before internet and cellphones existed.
Fuck, OP. Don't lump in with your degeneracy

We the same age brah

This is generational, not political, and I appreciate your attempt to feel above me by calling me "sweetie" in the same post that you berated another group of people for feeling falsely superior to others
I agree that the cutoffs are arguable, but let's just stick with what google have us for now.
No, I've never heard anyone suggest that, I'm not sure where you got that from.
I'm not a millennial, nor have I ever claimed to be. I'm a member of "Gen Z" or "Centennials" which is separate from your generation "Gen Y" or "Millennials". Of course, you'd know that if you'd read the OP.

Nah, I'm not above you or anyone. I'm just sure that you are a real cutie thats all. 18 year olds tend to be cute. Nohomo

>No, I've never heard anyone suggest that, I'm not sure where you got that from.
Millennial
Millennium
What's not to get?

Also, generational = politcal. You can't just divide one from the other. One of the most defining characteristics of a generation is the zeitgeist, which is very much concretized in political values and opinions.

Thanks, but sorry to disappoint you. I have a scraggly beard due to some of my more ethnic ancestry on my mother's side.
I'm sorry, but that's just not how that works. The cutoffs aren't in the place you want them to be because it "sounds" right. I honestly don't know what to tell you, but you're just wrong.
Not everyone born in one generation has the same political views. Not even close. It depends on their individual upbringing and informational sources, along with their free will to choose a stance. Otherwise, we'd never get back and forth elections, just 20 years of republican followed by 20 years of democrat and so on.

>I'm sorry, but that's just not how that works. The cutoffs aren't in the place you want them to be because it "sounds" right. I honestly don't know what to tell you, but you're just wrong.
The cut off for millennials should be the millennium, what's the point of calling them millennials otherwise? And no shit I'm wrong, I'm not arguing the definition, I'm saying it doesn't make sense, dipshit

shave that shit off

Well sorry, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about your personal definition of a word versus the actual definition of it. You're as bad as those "traps aren't gay" fags.
I do every once in a while, haven't gotten around to it lately. That grew in a little over a week.

They are millennials because they grew up in the new millennium not born in it.

>Well sorry, but I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about your personal definition of a word versus the actual definition of it. You're as bad as those "traps aren't gay" fags.
kek who's asking you to argue? I said the name didn't make sense, I didn't need a fucking definition from you since I know what the definition is
And this may come as a surprise but there's a difference between thinking a name doesn't make sense and convincing yourself that jerking off to a man in a skirt isn't gay

Of course they don't have the same political views. You will find all kinds of people in all generations; but the whole point of talking about geneational traits is to attempt generalizing stuff.

Even though many millenials are conservative, most are liberal, and so on. Your generation is believed to become more conservative than us (the millenials), generally speaking.

These categories are constructed, and are not in any way scientific. They are popularized categories that might hold some analytical value. But would social scientists use them in their research? I doubt it.

Cutting the generations off into categories are done to make the chaos a little bit easier to handle. Does someone born in 1982 have a lot in common with someone born in 1979? Yes, probably. They grew up in SOMEWHAT similar circumstances (granted they are the same race, class, western etc). What about 82 versus 75? Probably still a lot in common, but less. 82 and 72? Here, the differences will start to manifest:

"What the fuck, you can't even remember that children's program?"

These experiences, somewhat shared, contributes to political opinion. The liberal-democratic and capitaliar order has generally speaking been strong post WW2, but once the memories of the war fades, who knows what will happen.

I don't give a fuck about this generation bullshit.
I have 2 ways of defining people:
>A cunt.
>Not a cunt.
I'm 30 years old and I don't give a fuck about if I'm a Millenial or some wank... all I know is I've gotta try to not be a complete cunt.

Being born in the 90's and growing up this millennium makes sense
Being born 20 years earlier in the 70's and growing up this millennium, doesn't

this

Because millenials are retarded. Lol they are right to complain about the generation. They just don't realize they themselves are the ones they are complaining about.

Op you dunbshit. Millenials are born after 1982. It's actually impossible that your parents were millenials unless they had you at age 17 in which case, your parents are niggers.

Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with op's splits but thinking millennials are born after 2000 is retarded.

Alright then we're done. I've no further interest in this conversation.
So, if this website is primarily occupied by millennials, and most of them are liberals, the ones yelling at them for being filthy millennials are just other millennials who happen to be conservative and think that excludes then for some reason?
I admire your unbiased outlook on the situation.
Are you still the same fag from above?
What makes you think that? Can you back up that claim with any non-anecdotal evidence?
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I just screenshotted what google told me. Do you have a more reliable source you think I should use instead?
Again, they're not mine, they're clearly from google.

Its hard to tell who uses this website, since it is anonymous. It is also unlikely to assume that Sup Forums users represent the general population (and their respective generations).

Sup Forums and especially Sup Forums will probably attract a lot of strange individuals. Many will assume other identities than their own, cause youre free to do that being anonymous.

I wouldn't be straight out racist in real life, but I sometimes am here on Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=lfLR6Qe5azw

I guess you're right about Sup Forums being a bit unpredictable, but I'm just trying to make rough generalizations here. I think it's safe to say that Sup Forums is mostly millennials.
A counterexample only works if your opponent has made an absolute generalization. Cool video though.