Which version is the best to watch this in?

Which version is the best to watch this in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ynB-Jh6_7bU
youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Twin Peaks

None. They're shit. Complete and utter shit. The story's just a complete mess and the editing is atrociou- Apologies. I thought this was a BvS thread.

Carry on.

(you)

shliper hash aveikn

The book.

The film is undeniably awful no matter what cut you watch. I would recommend seeing the theatrical and then move onto other cuts.

VHS

Book version

Are the books worth reading?

The first one. The others meh. Just avoid the Brian Herbert ones.

Anyone else think of The Mummy Returns?

>The first one. The others meh.
Children of Dune and God Emperor is kino

Also the Children of Dune tv show is brilliant. Episode 1 made me cry

Just look at the concept art for the Jodorowsky version and weep that it never happened.

I'm 27 and I've owned the first book for probably 20 years. I've read maybe 10 pages.

>I'm 27 and I've owned the first book for probably 20 years. I've read maybe 10 pages.

and it took you an hour to write this post

>patrick-stewart-as-gurney-halleck

seriously, wtf is up with this casting?

DOS version.

I got further than you but never finished it. I just feel like I know exactly where the central character arc is going the second it starts

>〰

:^)

>tfw reading Brian's prequels and Gurney is actually a Harkonnen who's sister was raped to death by Glossu in front of him
>Duncan is also a Harkonnen who watched Glossu blow his parents heads off infront of him

Watch the theatrical cut which is the only version Lynch acknowledges, then move on to the miniseries.

>i am very smart

It would have been an epic mess, but I probably would have loved it.

seriously wtf was up with this scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=ynB-Jh6_7bU

He just needed to be uglier and have the giant scar be more visible.

Gurney was a very talented musician/performer and a light-heated fellow back on Giedi Prime.
The Atreidies recognize talent and "art" which the Harkonnens never did so Gurney would play for them. In this scene he's giving the gift of music to Kynes.

it wasn't bad, I always thought they could skip god emperor and go on to heretics, chapter house:, and it'd be decent

I always wonder what would happen with a proper budget and a competent director tho

The SciGi one.

they all kind of such. save yourself the 4 hours.

>prequels

their all shit, still I read all of them but fuck it was bad, wish Brian had just released notes and not gotten that hack SW writer involved

Dune the novel is just Lawrence of Arabia on acid.

Star Wars '77 is both of those on acid.

>The spice = oil
>Harkonnen = Americans
>Fremen = Arabs

Kind of why I love lynches dune

no wonder i always thought harkonnens did nothing wrong

thanks for reminding me that I need to drop acid in north africa

>mfw Brian Herbert still keeps fucking up Dune tot his day

its all shit op
read the book
dont watch the film or mini series
no one has properly adapted Dune

Dune is unadaptable because of the omniscient narrator. You can read every character's thoughts, there's no good way to do that on film.

>personally enjoy the fp narration in the movie due to it showing what's going through their minds
>all those "fans" bitching and moaning about it
>gets edited out in the TV-movie version

And this is why we'll never get a definitive adaption of the series.

God Tier:
Dune
Dune Messiah

Strange Tier:
God Emperor
Children
Heretics
Chapterhouse

There are no other books

Navigators of Dune is released September 16th this year. Hopefully it'll be the last in the Dune series.

13th*

What?

Brian and Kevin are still writing books set in the Dune universe that take place between the other novels written by the duo and Frank. See for the release of the last book in their second trilogy series.

what a little cunt,

I read all of them basically to find out about the couple, and I did and Duncan and paul etc, what fucking awful writing,

>tfw Brian won't fucking stop
Chris Tolkien should have a word

Just finished Dune for the first time and I loved it. Got the second book arriving this week, what should I expect?

>Watch the theatrical cut which is the only version Lynch acknowledges, then move on to the miniseries.

Thanks. Best advice I've read in this thread.

The first two are essential. Children and God Emperor had great concepts but uninteresting writing and characters imo.

The opposite plot-wise, of what happens during the first book.

Who cares? Patrick's so good he can make any role awesome.

Paul is emperor, there's plots and dwarfs and an old friend,

its short and fun

What's this one about?
Does it have modern feminists influences?
That might actually be pretty valuable.

>old friend
Obi Wan?

Have you read any of the other prequels? It won't make much sense unless you do.

>mfw I thought the first prequel trilogy wasn't that bad but can't admit it because everyone wipes their asses with it

sure but more ghola like

No, I've just heard all of the bad reviews.
My point still stands.
A Dune world influenced by modern America could be extremely revealing even if that's not the author's intentions.

it sucked fucking balls, sorry but as its own sci-fi story sure fine would have been fine, as a continuation of Dune? fuck no

They're very predictable and by the numbers space opera.
Enjoyable but nowhere near the level Franks writing is on and alot of liberties they've taken are silly.

wat? do you even read the fucking nonsense you shit out before you post?

Paul has to maintain control in his new empire while Alia starts discovering her own potential and Irulan plots to preserve the Bene Gesserit agenda.

It's not nonsense.

No it doesn't have modern feminist ideals, infact it specifically deals with a rift in the 'fledgling' bene gesserit order, women against women.

It's more anti-technology and religious zealotry than anything else.
Half the book deals with computers being bad and religious purity (hypocrisy) being the ideal way of life.

yes it is

That's what I mean, not bad. It couldn't possibly live up to the originals but those first few prequel books I thought had something to enjoy personally. The one thing I absolutely hated though, and what happens through all the prequels, is Brian's insistence on having upwards of 5 plot threads running simultaneously, and there was always at least one that I skipped every time.

sounds good

explain
give me an example of what I said that's nonsense
What's your problem?

The main religious zealot is a man that has no body from the waist down, that rides around on the back/chest of his subordinate ala Mad Max style killing anyone that disagrees with his philosophy of life.

>What's your problem?
this post its nonsensical ramblings, pls continue tho, their entertaining ramblings

Norma's plotline was my favorite through the books. Enjoyed Vorians as well but half way through I just couldn't feel it anymore.

it's not as good as the first one

>yfw Fayd probably would have killed Paul in any other reasonable adaptation

>Which version is the best to watch this in?
This one:
youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE

bump