Stepping into Bowie's world

Wanna get into David Bowie's music but I'm not sure where to start from. Any suggestions?

David Bowie is shit

Start with Hunky Dory and then go chronologically

(You) is shit

>not starting with pic related

Black Country Rock is fun to listen to and play if you have the gear and talent. Cocaine helps too.

I started with Black Star and it fucking sucked. Never again.

Don't waste your time with this mediocrity of an artist. Get into better stuff instead.

Hunky dory, then chronologically and then the earlier stuff

pretty much this

Remember than everything between 1984 and 2003 is irredeemable and not worth listening to.
Some people on this board might tell you to listen to 1.OUTSIDE or Heathen, but don't. They're really bad

But yeah go chronologically starting with until you get to Lets Dance, then skip to The Next Day and Blackstar

just check out nikki sudden and stop bothering with bowie altogether

What's your favorite artist, user?

nah fuck off outside is great mate

his 80s era definitely sucked but you might as well just listen to it all and form your own fucking opinion, instead of letting Sup Forums dictate your tastes

Fleet Foxes

I'm just telling him not to waste his time listening to shit. He asked for advice
Earthling is miles better than Outside anyway

>t. Scaruffi

you're still trying to dictate what he can and cannot like by telling him to avoid what you think is shit

earthling is better but outside is still worth listening to

just listen to everything and figure out what you like and what you do not like for yourself

>t. user

>just listen to everything and figure out what you like and what you do not like for yourself
hello this is Sup Forums, what kind of a shithole would this be if everybody had this kind of rational view on stuff. bad post.

I'm dictating what he can and can't listen to because he's a fucking idiot and can't be trusted to think for himself. You're being a cunt butting your head into somebody else's business, recommending albums I've already designated as bad. Don't reply to me ever again

Outside is hamstrung by its ambition but the few good songs blow Earthling out

>Don't reply to me ever again
or else gaylord

>Skipping Space Oddity
>Skipping The Man Who Sold The World

fuck you i just did reply to you again so what are you gonna do about it

Based user doing devil's and god's work at the same time. Let the fags be fags.

Just listen to the essentials then listen to his other popular stuff if you like the essentials. imo essentials are:
Ziggy Stardust
Station to Station
Low
"Heroes"
Blackstar

Those are not his only good ones, but those that i think people should be familiar with.

>leaves out Diamond Dogs

Post ur home address kid

damn how will i recover from a blow like this

it's good but not essential.

>his best is not essential

Diamond Dogs is his worst glam era album

that's a shit opinion

I'm rather opinionated so I would ask OP to make up his own mind.

Now personally David Bowie lost me after Young Americans.

I don't like "The Thin White Duke" period or the Berlin Trilogy or any of the shit he did after 1975. In fact, in my opinion, (And that's all it is) The only good album he released after Young Americans was the soundtrack to the Ziggy Stardust concert movie.

I'd start with the compilation called Early David Bowie which has all the stuff he did when still going by David Jones and the records he released with The Kingbees and The Lower 3rd, and go from there up to Young Americans and yes that DOES include Pin Ups! And listen to it all in chronological order. After Young Americans everything is subject to personal taste. After all there are people who HATE the Ziggy Stardus/Aladdin Sane/Diamond Dogs era and go straight into The Thin White Duke, Berlin Trilogy, and beyond, but I'm not one of those fans. But at the very least start from the begining.