TruTv, the decaying state thereof

Who thought this show would be a good idea? Can anyone tell me why they would watch it? I see commercials for it while watching Impractical Jokers (which is the backbone of their prime time lineup, and 1 of 2 shows on trutv I still watch, the other being "worlds dumbest") and it looks really stupid. It just seems like some arrogant faggot talking about his unpopular opinions and shitting on anyone who disagrees with him.

Also, most of their new shows seem similar to shows they already have: Greatest Ever looks like "Trutvs top funniest" meets "worlds dumbest" with a black woman host. And "Billy on the streets" is like "Adam ruins everything", some dumb faggot running around annoying people.

Sorry if this just seems like an I don't like thing thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
youtube.com/watch?v=HuKB0_t3J0A
youtube.com/watch?v=6MzO3X997ko
smokershistory.com/etsheart.html
canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm
cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/study-passive-smoking-doesnt-cause-cancer/
sott.net/article/226999-Smoking-Helps-Protect-Against-Lung-Cancer
nycclash.com/Cabinet/CRSDiscusses_50000_Deaths.html
smokershistory.com/hpvlungc.htm
members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>post unpopular opinion
>about unpopular opinions show

>It just seems like some arrogant faggot talking about his unpopular opinions and shitting on anyone who disagrees with him.

It Kind of is it really depends on the subject. Sometimes he comes off as more annoying than others.

>shitting on anyone who disagrees with him.
He mostly just delivers factual information.
This SERIOUSLY seems like you had a stupid opinion, like you're a retard who leaves 15% tips, and he blew out your stupid as thoughtless lifestyle.

I'm sorry you're mad little guy

If you have a fat face, do not get an undercut

>factual information

This too.

His bit on women and video games was dumb liberal bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the show was like that too.

Yup, at least 90% of it. Fairly rarely here an opinion.
He just lays out what is known to be true.

>Inbred "pure breed" dogs aren't functional and are wishing for death
>tipping is a scam for employers to underpay workers and keep their menu priced below other restaurants
>mouthwash is literally retarded

And plenty others.

The thing about the dogs might be true, but I've worked as a waiter before when I was in High school and I've spat in peoples food for not tipping me if they came back. I've also added extra cheese to a few peoples dishes, if you know what I mean.

fuck you

I work at a restaurant and have worked there for 3 years.

You're a degenerate and you're going nowhere in life.

It's nobodies duty to tip you. We agreed to our hourly wage when we took the job. It's our employers fault for our bad pay. You are HIGHLY unintellgient and a bad person.

And what the fuck, just because you spit in somebodies food that means Adam is wrong? It is a scam, and your employer was trash. Holy shit. You must have aspergers dude.

You're going to die, OP
youtube.com/watch?v=HuKB0_t3J0A

>people need to give me extra money for me to give them the most basic customer service
>I can't do a brain dead easy job successfully
k.

this has to be bait

This is what happens when you get raised by liberals...
You earn what you're worth. And you're clearly not worth very much.

>we want the nightly show audience

Adam Ruins Everything is bretty gud, except for a couple of episodes with blatant strawmen

Examples please.
The only episode I've ever seen with a flimsy argument was the "why people think video games are for boys".

Never heard a flawed argument elsewhere.

>15% tips

Wha? Should I leave more? Less?

Thank you for bringing something to a worthless as thread.

lol. It's funny that you were the only one who caught me.

You should leave 0. I work at a restaurant and I encourage everyone I know to leave 0 tips. Why don't you watch the video?

Have you ever though about why you tip a person who simply brings food to a table, but you don't tip a cook who is sweating in front of hot ovens? Or why you don't tip retail workers that have to fold clothes faster than people can sift through them?

You do it because you were trained to and you don't think for yourself.

He's not factual. As far as things go he's somewhat bluepilled on many subjects. Smoking is one example, he used to smoke but now he's a huge anti-smoker and he bought into the pharmaceutical meme that smoking is bad and that secondhand smoke is bad.

Watch ANY episode

Rolleroni

i do so i can get special treatment next time i visit

and it works. i overly tip at my favotire raunts

smoking is good?

>

Looks like I got Breanna Kline from Florida. Gotta admit, she is kinda qt.

Have you ever worked in food? We don't remember you. We deal with 100s of customers every day. We have no idea who you are, even if you come in once a week.

Nobody is hooking you up because of your 5 dollar tip dude. Delusional.

>the Buzz Quiz games mascot is an actual real person

who knew

now THIS is baiting

>illuminati just wants you to believe ciggarettes are bad!
Yaaaa, my smoker friends can barely breathe. My friends uncle just got diagnosed with lung cancer for smoking his whole life. I just got baited hard into this reply

I get discounted sandwiches at subway if i'm cool with them high and laugh at their stories. Pretty nice if you ask me.
I don't care for the argument i'm just sharing something because I'm alone.

the waiters know me by name and knows what i usually get. and gives me great service everytime.

I guarantee that have some defective gene, were exposed to something else like mold, or weren't healthy to begin with. Did the uncle stop smoking right before he got lung cancer? Smoking is basically the decades older equivalent of being anti-vaxx.

Must be a very slow, not very successful restaurant. I guess that was wrong of me to speak for ALL restaurants. GENERALLY speaking I still stand by what I said. I've worked in two restaurants and the only regulars we recognized were the ones who came in LITERALLY every day because they were greasy as fuck. And we didnt like those guys.

69 get

>credit machine going to shit
>sandwich artist gives me the black forest footlong for free
>only got black forest because it was cheap

Feels bittersweet, man.

show may be good or whatever but his ads make him come across as a faggot

why is big tobacco posting on Sup Forums? or are you some conspiracy nut?

Are you so unaware of whats going on in your own body you dont notice your breathing getting worse from smoking? No idea why im responding to bait, im desperately bored I guess

It's a lot like Penn and Teller's Bullshit
The episodes are hit and miss though I do enjoy the series overall

youtube.com/watch?v=6MzO3X997ko

He's a nut. Probably subscribed to infowars.
Believes he's "redpilled" so he has an excuse to keep up degenerate behavior. Obviously we know smoking is bad, nobody needs to tell you that. You can literally feel it as you inhale it, same with alcohol. Shit is toxic.

its a very busy resteraunt actually

>bluepilled on many subjects
>such as "smoking is bad and so is second hand smoke"

the whole point of being "red pilled" wasn't to be contrarian at all times, user.
good fucking lord.

>half of the people ITT

I love crazy chicks

ive noticed being redpilled is more about muh feelings in these parts of the net

That's pretty much what it turned into.

Prepare to be utterly and completely redpilled.

smokershistory.com/etsheart.html

STDS and DNA viruses like herpes or mono are what cause cancer, not smoking.

canadafreepress.com/2006/klaus061206.htm

cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2016/06/09/study-passive-smoking-doesnt-cause-cancer/

sott.net/article/226999-Smoking-Helps-Protect-Against-Lung-Cancer

Nuclear testing in the 40's and 50's sickened many people, the goverent needed a scapegoat for the lung cancer boom.

nycclash.com/Cabinet/CRSDiscusses_50000_Deaths.html

the number of smoking deaths is actually reported by a computer that records dead people and includes them if they were smokers.

smokershistory.com/hpvlungc.htm

members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html

The first major smoking study manipulated the results by making it sound like inhaling made it worse, when those who didn't inhale were sicker than those who did. They then tried to cover this up but failed.

There.

OP here. I notice that people are calling me stupid, and telling me I'm mad, but no ones actually answered my question: why would you watch this show?

Kek

I'm a sucker for black humor and you just convinced me to watch this shit

for entertainment value.

we already know you're cherrypicking and baiting, you can go to bed now.

it was really faggy, but the rest of it is basically things that are scams and shit like that. It's a decent show.

It's "redpill me on x" for normies

>Tfw meatball marinara with pepperoni, lettuce, and jalapeño footlong with a drink and some chips for price of a 6 inch
Fuck i love subway

That's the same reason anyone does almost anything. Why would you watch this show as opposed to watching paint dry, or staring into the sun? What makes the show entertaining?

wow, user. you should get youre own show called user Fixes Everything.

Go on and believe your Truth.com ads you sickeningly bluepilled millennial. I am astounded by the lack of logic in a thread about a TV host who is also bluepilled.

>the vast majority of smokers die in their 60's and 70's due to a combination of DNA and cell deterioration, old age, and being more prone to bacterial infections
>let's blame it on smoking

I know a friend of an older relative who is ninety and quit smoking last year. He's completely fine. BTFO.

Exposing the stupid things people do. Like parade deformed abominations and tip extra money just to get the basics of customer service.

It's interesting to have things people do without thinking questioned.

>Sup Forums believes this

Henry Rollins

10-12 sounds sexy
23-24 isnt a crime
34-36 shouldnt be there
79-81 looks like a sweetie

It's similar to Trashman's show
check out the clips ITT to see if it's your kinda thing

TruTv would probably air it too.

wtf i hate not smoking now

rolling

>big tobacco shill
And I suppose drinking doesn't affect the liver, right? All those alcoholics with liver cirrhosis got that way because of STD's and genetics.

>I know a friend of an older relative who is ninety and quit smoking last year. He's completely fine. BTFO.
well i know a guy who died in his thirties because of a heart attack despite never doing drugs in his life and running 10k three times a week. i guess that means regular exercise and not doing drugs kills you. huh, really makes you think

I know this is Sup Forums and le edgy humor but you are genuinely a bad person. I hope you realize that

>10k three times a week
Wow, fucker must have been rich as hell.

Most problems are genetic, so he was destined to die anyway. Smoking or not smoking would have had nothing to do with it. He still would have died. So to blame diseases on smoking is utterly ludicrous when those illnesses can be linked to genes or radiation in the air or any number of far more plausible things. It's just like reefer madness. Eventually people will wake up in a few decades and start smoking cigs again.

>shill gambit

Are doctors shills for Novartis or other pharma companies? Are scientists who work in GMO creation Monsanto shills? Answer the question.

I guess I should start smoking!

Yes. They're all shills, EVERYONE I HATE IS A SHILL!!!1!

>Most problems are genetic, so he was destined to die anyway
Nope, vast majority (90-95%) of cancer are acquired mutations, i.e. These occur from damage to genes during a person’s life. They are not passed from parent to child. Factors such as tobacco, ultraviolet (UV) radiation, viruses, and age cause these mutations.

Germline mutations, cancer that is passed from parent to child is only 5%-10% cancer causes.

I personally don't care if you smoke, but you clearly have some serious confirmation bias.

Ha, I knew you weren't shit compared to me. Typical anti-smoker individual.

you smoke weed?

If by chance you're correct and tobacco does cause these mutations than it takes forever. And some studies have shown quitting smoking (esp. cold turkey) can cause mutations as well. Sun radiation and other factors in comparison sound FAR WORSE than smoking by a huge margin.

No.

>far more plausible things
>more plausible than inhaling smoke several times a day

why not?

Well first they aren't opinions. They are fact and he states sources in each episode.

Second I learned a lot of bullshit because of this show so I find it pretty good.

But you have to admit; he does come off as a know-it-all douche.

Well yeah, that's his whole schtick.

I always smirk when people misspell 'intelligent'.

You are right though.

Why do people even smoke? There's no benefits and you get cancer

>But you have to admit; he does come off as a know-it-all douche.
this is a basic recurring joke in almost every episode, what the fuck is wrong with you people

fucking hell, every single episode starts by introducing an unwilling person who gets dragged by his character

how fucking stupid do you have to be to complain about something that the show actively mocks

>you don't tip a cook who is sweating in front of hot ovens
always baffled me as a kid desu

>one of those food court restaurants where you're given a beeper and have to go get your food when its done
>all the """waiters""" do is take your order, take your money, give the order to the cook and then give you the food when you come get it
>they still expect you to tip

i remember once when i was a kid i said something along the lines of not needing the waiter and got weird looks

which was weird because i would readily get whatever i wanted myself just short of walking into the kitchen

...and this is why I dont accept nigger waiter/waitresses

underrated post

Can't unsee!

Adam Conover heralded the downfall of CollegeHumor, fuck that smug cunt

fuck every single one of them

the small glasses kid is insufferable

Is Patrick Cassels still with Collegehumor? Isn't he the only original one left besides Sam?

It struck me as Cracked: the show. Enough interesting info to make the snarkiness worth it imo.

Personally I find it to be unbearably obnoxious.

It's like "tell me conclusions to stories I don't have time for" and radiates a kind of attitude that's like 'if you're watching us, you're more enlightened than your dull peers" that appeals to people who like to feel smart but don't like to read books.