Convince me that there is a better album

Convince me that there is a better album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Atom Heart Mother

obscured by clouds

You best be trolling

Why is London Calling, I don't understand this at all

Fact: there isn't. Love Dark Side of the Moon

I always loved the songs off there but I never wanna show anyone the sonfs from that album. Its so soft and hippy type. I feel like a pansy.

I tripped mad balls listening to Atom Heart Mother tho. So that album means something.

>Why is London Calling
To get to the other side. (Of the moon.)

There isn't. But, you know, there is Abbey Road. Pretty amazing.

There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact its all dark.

ba-bum. ba-bum. ba-bum. ba-bum.

>the fact that the album has a perfect loop
>the fact that it was produced with help on lyrics from Roger Waters himself (having prior knowledge of insanity and mental issues)
>the fact that the songs chronologically depict the stages of life

Idk just some really neat things about the album.

Any of the three albums

This one is god tier for sure but I think Animals is better as a whole. That said, DSOM has a couple of my all time favorite tracks.

Nope, there isn't. Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree's discography are fine contenders. King Crimson and Yes' first albums too. But I don't think I can convince you.

Been thinking on this for a while now op, only Abbey Road might compete. Dark Side is the best.

Hard to convince someone who loves Floyd of anything like that. It's even tougher when you start trying to tier the songs

Atom Heart Mother is the best and most underrated album of Pink Floyd. Prove me wrong
>ProTip: you can´t.

Tame Impala is great, but c´mon, they´re not nearly as good as Pink Floyd.

dsom is good, but as an entire album the wall is much better

It's really hard to pick a best Floyd album. They're all amazing in such different ways (except after Roger Waters left. I like Gilmore, but his solo work is a little bit bland).

Taking LSD listening to the dark side of the moon on my record player was magical, love how it starts and ends with a heart beat.

This absolutely. The second half turned into spiraling crystal castles of sound, it was fucking incredible. David Gilmour is a god.

I love Atom Heart Mother, and it really doesn't get nearly as much praise as it deserves, and I always try to say Dark Side of the Moon isn't the best because it's too easy an answer, but I think it probably is their best album. The only other one I could see tying it is Animals Wish You Were Here.

>Any Colour You Like

Done

Fuck the faggot ass beatles.

Thank Jebus, I am not the only one who understands that Animals is Pink Floyd's best album

Beatles aren't even in the same league tbh

dark side is literally babby's first floyd

animals is a superior album

Nope, best album ever. Live at Wembley 1974 is insane.

Dogs alone, and the philosophy of the song is enough as far as I'm concerned but taking the theme and equating it to the human condition is brilliant and perfectly done.

Animals is very good. Dogs might be their best song ever. As a coherent album though, DSOTM is unrivalled.

It's a very good album. It's not as good as Dark Side.

>I'm 14 and I just tried weed for the first time

DSotM is legendary, but it doesn't beat The Wall imo

If your stance is that Dark Side of the Moon is loved by 14 year olds smoking weed you obviously know nothing about music. Or, probably much else.

I'm glad someone else said it. It's an amazing composition. Lately I noticed it gets shit on a lot, I saw it ranked #7 in a list of best Pink Floyd albums the other day. I'm not sure why it's not getting love lately. It used to be listed alongside Dark Side as their best work.

Easy.

The Wall

This is babbys first Floyd right here. Excellent but overrated compared to some of the others.

I think the best song is Echoes then dogs, Breathe/Time is probably my favorite though. Some hard choices to be made

E A T M Y A S S A N O N

MIGHT AS WELL BE WALKIN ON THE SUN

I don't think you can walk on the sun though. It doesn't really have a surface per se. Otherwise that would be best album of all time but that lyric really spoils it for me, I'm sure others will agree.

That middle part in Echoes is waaaay too long. Even Floyd knew it and they cut it back in their best-of whatever it was called they released a few years back.

The edited version is better but it doesn't take away from the song. Echoes @ pompeii is one of my favorite things to watch

First off they are all really clise andnit is subjective. My rankings.
#1 The Wall
#2 Wish you were here
#3 Dark side of the moon
#4 Animals
#5 the final cut
#6 Piper at teh gates of dawn
#Honoravle mentions Echoes, Relics, Alan's Psych breakfast

i cant, you can enjoy whatever you want to enjoy

Opinions on The Division Bell? or The Endless River? (Even though TDB is THE REAL final album.)

Plus this is prog we're talking about, at the time of release a 15 minute interlude for people tripping balls wasn't out of the question when you had images of planets and space and shit alongside a stageshow

High Hopes 10/10, also one of my top tier for floyd. Brings me tears even at times... it's a super nostalgic song in any setting. Perfect imo. Havent listened to the Endless River much but I need to dig in

There isn't. That is the greatest album of all time. Cheers you glorious bastard for having good taste in music.

Excellent album.

The album is Meddle not Echoes and how isnt it on your list.

Animals and Wish You Were Here are far superior.

Ah I see you too lack personality

Best thing Pink Floyd ever did. I don´t care what anyone of you faggots say. Live at Pompeii es by far, the best thing I´ve ever listened or will ever listen.

Fuck Tool.

>a dig a bida bud a bouda hour ago
>da dun da da da da dun dun dun dun
Hmmmmm

There is. I don't have to prove shit to you.

This will go down as literally the greatest album of all time. Music is getting changed forever after this shit finally drops my nigga. Consequences will never be the same.

I will have to check it out. I watched the documentary a while back and did not like it. It was the longer version with stuff from Dark Side of the Moon being recorded which was interesting but didn't fit at all. Also they asked the band a bunch of annoying questions about why they used so many studio tricks to be controversial or something. The music was pretty great though, I just wanted more of that.

Found the troll.

The Wall is better.
As are Who's Next, Tommy and Quadrophenia.

>THIS

Agree, yet it's a live album so it has a mix of material. I love it though

b8

Do you even dreg?

found the faggot

hi martin shkreli

I watched that to, pretty interesting but a lot of useless info. Trust me, do you a favor and watch the whole video and listen carefully. You will agree with me. youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ

Gives me the chills everytime I listen to it. I dont even need drugs.

Altho best song by Pink Floyd is Shine On You Crazy Diamond 1-9.

Implying that any rapper could ever approach Floyd status is ridiculous. You may as well compare a firecracker to the LHC

I don't think it was their best album but I still love it. was just starting college when it came out, so it reminds me of freshman year.

>Gives me the chills everytime I listen to it
lol gay

Found the nigger. As if ANY nigger could ever produce anything close to Pink Floyd. Hang yourself, nigger.

step aside

>Pink Floyd Pulse

Although DSOTM is my second favorite.

This

I love pulse. GREAT choice.

ez

>being the biggest mix of faggotery y autism and think that getting the chills by listening to Pink Floyd is gay

TRIPS CHECK'd

And thank you good sire

Not my favorite Bowie album even though it contains amazing tracks, but you're a good guy for mentionning it here.

Final Cut is my fav Floyd album, but it's more a Waters solo album.

I like Dark Side, but the slow mushy songs just bore me if I'm not in exactly the right mood. The Wall is better overall.

fuck you

I think there's a difference between your favorite album and the "greatest album of all time."

Aenema is best album

Yeah, you can tell often who fans prefer in their album choice between Gilmour and Waters. I prefer Gilmour but don't take anything from Waters, I actually got to see him do the wall live a few years ago. Mind blowing stuff. Tracks like "Is There Anybody Out There", "The Thin Ice", and "The Trial" are what make it stand out imo. Absolute masterpieces

get the fuck out of here you fucking pleb

Stop crying like a bitch. Tool sucks, get over it.

more
umma gumma
atom heart mother
meddle
obscured by clouds
animals
and those are just the floyd titles

dude fuck yes i love the lamb my fav from them is either tresspass or foxtrot though, i actually have vinyl of foxtrot but not lamb which makes me sad

I don't think he was crying like a bitch, he was just repeating what was said to him.

I disagree with you. Tool makes solid quality music, and you are the bitch.

Fuck off with you black/white faggot shit. No one even said anything about race. i'm not even black dumbass. Meanwhile Rap and RnB artists are selling records at a faster rate than any other genres in history.

People like Rihanna, Beyonce, Eminem, and Kanye west are all dominating the music industry.

Rihanna being the most savage bitch of them all. Shes sold over 216.3 million since 2005

In comparison, Pink floyd has sold 118.7 million since 1965

As much as I love classic rock, Pink Floyd aren't even close to being on the same level.

If we go into other bands

Queens of The Stoneage - Rated R
RHCP - Californication
Dream Theater - Train of Thought

Just to name a few of my faves but Floyd still gets #1 spot

new game bait? or summer? YOU decide!