Just admit Sup Forums, it's ok, you care about lower prices, not where it's made

Just admit Sup Forums, it's ok, you care about lower prices, not where it's made.

>Asked about a real world example of choosing between $50 pants made in another country or an $85 pair made in the United States — one retailer sells two such pairs made with the same fabric and design — 67 percent say they’d buy the cheaper pair. Only 30 percent would pony up for the more expensive American-made one. People in higher earning households earning more than $100,000 a year are no less likely than lower-income Americans to say they’d go for the lower price.

ap-gfkpoll.com/featured/ap-gfk-poll-americans-prefer-low-prices-to-items-made-in-the-usa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-0lAhnoDlU
allamericanclothing.com/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3577129/Skint-student-spent-year-university-partying-launches-online-campaign-help-clear-overdraft.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I admit it. Your turn.

>Sup Forums is one person

NAFTA is the only thing I don't agree with Trump on. I advocate free trade and feel you either compete or die in this global economy.

That was only true in the 90s when people weren't thinking. I buy American whenever I have a choice because American products are objectively better -- I save no money when I need to replace broken stuff -- and because the Asian concept of warranty and customer service is to shrug.

That's fine so long as you accept that wages will eventually equalize globally.

This means stagnation in terms of American wages. Which in turn will lead in a steady decay of American standard of living and purchasing power until it has equalized with that of developing nations such as China and India.

Ha! I'll pay 100% more for an American made product.

It's called comparative advantage. Why should we squander limited resources manufacturing textiles when some other country can do it cheaper and more efficiently?

And the free market rightly so rewards the ones who do it more efficiently and ensures that they continue to make them until someone else comes along who can make them even more efficiently.

I'll buy whatever is the better cost/lifespan ratio for the product.

>makes only minimum payments for 23 years and wonders why the principle isn't going down

I don't think it's so much an American thing. I've paid more for US made stuff that's shitty and falls apart too.

Most things these days are made to be cheap and disposable unfortunately.

I'm a blue collar faggot, by choice. I went to college and received a BBA but hate corporate policy.
So I have a lot of tools.
I quit buying Dewalt, when they moved to Mexico (and the tools went to shit). I have to special order some tools, because the hardware stores don't sell American products.
I'm proud to say, every house I've built is an all American production. Even they his who do my concrete, are all legal.

Some of us are still trying.

God bless, user.

Though, I assume Hitachi makes some nice tools.

>that pic

Oy fucking vey no way it's that bad in Burgerland

I own a store. I can not buy American products, this is wrong on every level. Basic economics says people will buy the cheaper product BUT inflation is suppose to raise the price of goods produced in third world countries....They manipulate their currencies to stop that inflation we are losing jobs because they cheat.

Should we allow people to cheat us? Are you that much of a cuck?

Well, no shit. If you can't convince people to buy a good at the price you're demanding, you might just be shit at marketing.

They really fucking do.

Well, yeah. It's a large loan. Literally, her game plan appears to be to pay off over 50 years.

Like, what the fuck is she thinking?

Actually I do that's why I buy prestigious Grados

>false choice

do you honestly think a pair of pants cost $50 to make in another country and $75 to make in the US?

probably cost $1 to make in another country and $10.

Also, the Fed has been explicitly trying to RAISE consumer prices via inflation for years without success. Certainly this would help that effort, wouldn't it? Why are higher prices desirable in one context but not another?

The only thing Re-Industrializing America will do is hurt corporate profitability-- which will deflate the current stock market bubble and lower outrageous CEO salaries.

Sounds like a win-win.

If a college grad is so smart why are they so deep in debt? Seems like a dichotomy.

the cheaper foreign pair wouldnt exist once there is a tariff

I don't give a shit about your actual topic, that pic is just throwing me off.
>borrow $26k
>pay back act shocked that you're not covering the interest payments

LIBERALS ACTUALLY SYMPATHIZE WITH THIS

First off I know the quality of the american made ones is going to be superior and would rather spend the money on the pants where the stitching doesn't rip out after being washed a few times

>get a fuckhuge student loan
>use the dosh on liberal arts degree
>WHY CANT I FIND A JOB AS A PROFFESIONAL PRIVILEGE CHECKER

>Be smart poor lad
>go to workshop
>ask to be apprentice
>work hard
>Ez skills, ez job

And the one that is advertised more will be the one bought.

Dr.Niggre beats are the hot shit
200 dollarydoos for some chink shit

AT,Sennheiser,etc go unnoticed, but they are pretty fucking good

Because they think it should be free and someone else should pay for it. Choices and consequences have no meaning to them. It's all about wants and entitlement.

Can you even buy US made clothing anymore? I mean regular department store clothes not some $1000 pair of designer jeans or some nonsense (and even those are probably made in Malaysia).

Why do we need NAFTA or any agreement for free trade?

What deal do we have with Europe to trade? Or the Middle East? Or Africa?

>Take out minimal student loan
>Have € 5000,- debnts
>Just pay € 45,- per month
>€ 1500 +/- left
>Didn't choose some retard education
>Got a jaw after college
>Have house now too and car
>See Geert come into power hopefully
It's like I'm living the Dutch-American dream

>american companies can't sell asian products with warranty

I wait for it to go on sale.

We also manipulate our currency for the exact reason. Why are we better?

There are a few brands but I generally buy Canadian made stuff, I would rather support my countries economy when I can. Speaking of going down to the farmers market to get eggs and meat later.

a jaw, job and dubs I mean lol

Eat the Rich !
youtube.com/watch?v=o-0lAhnoDlU

The industry affected the most by this is unskilled labor. Not many outsource white collar jobs and skilled blue collar jobs so I give no fucks. If an American company made a quality product at a lower price, they wouldn't have to worry about what China or India does and they have a natural marketing advantage when they claim their product is American made, an appeal to patriotism. But if you make overpriced shit, don't be surprised when someone wants that same quality but cheaper shit from a different country.

They do. My best friend swears by his Hitachi nail gun.
I don't dislike foreign tools. I build houses for Americans, and they aren't cheap. Least I can do is support the people who support me.
I'd rather use stabilla levels (superior German craftsmanship) but it's a principle that a good friend taught me when I was learning carpentry.
I'll stick by it as long as possible.

Who the fuck takes 2 decades to pay off a student loan?

tip of the iceberg stop complaining and go back to your cages or you wont get a cookie ..

How much evil capitalist money did this disciple blow on that shitty line work on his hands?

How much more money did he cost himself for the rest of his life now that's he guaranteed he'll never be gainfully employed?

Just googled it, because I was curious.
allamericanclothing.com/

A few places like this exist. Everything is US made. The cotton is grown here, the cloth is produced here, the sewing is done here.

She probably live in Alberta pumping oil industry kok

>Chinese medicine

I wanted to laugh but I felt too much pity for this stupid cunt.

This. Minimum payments barely cover interest.

I bet her degree wasn't in finance.

girls who get gender studies or art history degrees, and end up getting a job working the phone at papa johns.

>23 years
>90s

Student loans weren't even a big deal back then.

How the hell can you not pay that off anyways?

Why not get a bank loan and pay off student loans, then declare bankruptcy?

If we devalued our currency it would cause a world wide collapse. You don't have a clue what your talking about

He tattoo you daughter with a guitar string in a dark alley drinking piss and shit..

because it doesn't work that way.

it's like the retard who gets a credit card to pay off another credit card. You never get rid of the debt, you just make it larger.

>no bankruptcy or forgiveness allowed

That's not true, you can always file for a Chapter 11 or look into debt settlement programs.

>that image
>I don't know what inflation and interest are
Retard

>NAFTA is the only thing I don't agree with Trump on. I advocate free trade and feel you either compete or die in this global economy
on a level playing field free trade would be great. when you can use cheap/slave labor and sell your product in a market of workers with fair wages it's bullshit.
get us out of nafta and tpp. hit them with import taxes and give American manufacturers tax relief.
tl;dr
fuck mexico and the asians

>Like, what the fuck is she thinking?
She isn't thinking past "pay the least amount possible per payment

Meant Chapter 13

Yeah, no shit. That's why you introduce tariffs to ensure that the prices are comparable.

Hypothetical scenario: What would happen to the american banking system if literally every student currently owning student loans decided to not pay?

Did she only pay part of the interest on her loan and then wonder why it's taking so long to pay it off?

I had 100 grand loan and I paid it off in 4 years. How can people that graduate college be so damned incompetent?

Duluth does exactly that with some jeans. Same jeans and materials, but if you want them made in the us it's $85. The paki made jeans are $55

I never went to an american university, but from what I understand of them they only teach 'paper' smarts because that's all anyone in this country is interested in, rather than actually smart people.

Actually smart people aren't good for a country/economy/system because they see the flaws in it.

This lady feels oppressed about paying $118 a month for her education, and now that she's old, she wants her and I to pay $400 a month so that she can have 80% free health care.

Oh I'm feeling the burn alright.

No here's the deal. 90% of colleges are a business and don't teach you shit. Just a library with a $20,000 membership fee.

I usually buy the 85$ for on shore (US) made jeans, they do have to look good though. I want it made on shore and I want added value in a better appearance for that 35$. I have even paid over 300$ for jeans made in the US in the past, they are definitely the nicest fabric I have had on my legs bar none.

>$32,700 paid faithfully over 23 years
>paid faithfully
>$119/mo

>Not saving up as much money as possible and paying off your loans in large chunks instead of minimum payments.

Bitch is retarded, she's paying interest at this point because she fell for the minimum payment meme. I myself am trying to pay off my loans by paying $1,000 each month. It helps that I live with my parents and spending very little despite having a good job.

>Like, what the fuck is she thinking?

They simply don't. There are many people who are completely incapable to think ahead for more than a few days. Everything that goes beyond that might as well not exist.

It's really hard to understand for someone used for long term planning because it is such an obvious and brutal mistake that could have been easily avoided by just pulling out your calculator and spending one minute on checking how bad of an idea this would be.

>that financial logic
Her understanding of compound interest is truly remarkable. I bet she has maxed credit cards that she only pays the min on as well, and wonders why the balance never shrinks.

Chink fabrics are always shit tho.

Well, the question is if she can manage to keep it up until she dies and someone else inherits her debt.

>2/3 make one choice
>1/3 make the other
>just admit you're in the 2/3
Weird reasoning you got there.

Could you pay $119 or more a month?

Unless you studied complete shit and end up as Burgerflipper, you can easily put a couple hundred into repayments.
Just live a bit more frugal at first, better than paying them back thrice.

Hell, I hear waitresses make $100 a night

How the fuck does it take you 23 years to pay 32,000? You literally have to be working minimum wage.

Also lets do the math.

Thats like $30 a week. What degree have you gotten that at 23 years in your career you can't afford that. Fucking fuck.

>keep it up until she dies and someone else inherits her debt.
If that was her plan, she should have declared bankruptcy 13 years ago (here in Canada I thinks you need to wait 10yr before going bankrupt on a student loan) and restructured her debt, or maybe she's just a cunt and wants to leave an estate 100k in the hole. Maybe her master plan is far much too far reaching for us non-SJW types to understand, I don't think I'd place a bet on that though.

I just graduated with an engineering degree and no student debt. I have already saved up $30k in my first year of working.

I wonder what degree this idiot got.

>I wonder what degree this idiot got
10:1 says she was a BA with no major, and she drifted through meaningless courses for an extra 5 years while hanging out at some faggot coffee shop and racking up debt.

>paying 26,000 over 23 years
>1130 per year
>94 per month
>still too financially retarded to manage this
I spotted the art history major

Damn right.

OP's pic related
She could do what this enterprising young lady did...

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3577129/Skint-student-spent-year-university-partying-launches-online-campaign-help-clear-overdraft.html

The other countrys like china charge tariifs for imports the u.s.
So our free trade deal is not a fair one.

It makes more economical sense for poor people to get the cheap one, at first. 50 is lower than 85 obviously. It becomes a problem for them if they buy inferior crap that breaks after a year and have to spend another $50 whereas the $85 high quality goods are still going strong.

It is

It costs $23k/year to attend my state's flagship uni as an in-state resident.

If you're middle-class and have parents who are shit at saving, you'll easily go into $89k+ in debt.

>paying $50 for pants

The fuck? This and Jordans, are why niggers are poor

>23 years
>32,700
>1.4k a year paid back
maybe she should've gotten a job

>American products are objectively better
Maybe 5 or 10 years ago. Its no longer true today.