letterboxd.com/jrosenbaum2002/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/rorscach00/
letterboxd.com/maximeproulx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the catalog is a real shitshow at this hour

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

i think SUICIDE SQUAD genuinely prevented me from enjoying anything i've seen recently

going to rewatch some favorites

recent DC films have made me wary of any film adaptions recently, including books. I always check now if the source material is better first.

letterboxd.com/SheepSteep/

hey boys

letterboxd.com/haydenowinz

Asked for recs in the last thread but it got archived almost immediately after

letterboxd.com/Redwell/

>Sorcerer
Wages of Fear (1953) is an earlier adaptation of the same novel if you haven't seen that one yet. Also, Friedkin's Bug (2006) is pretty overlooked.

sheepo's return will Make /lbg/ Great Again

letterboxd.com/ggeecckkoo/

what kind of recs are you looking for?

letterboxd..com/bvgf/

Oops, big version

>.png
>screenshot(s) of a film
I sure hope you are pretending to be *this* stupid.

Nah, I fucked several times while exporting. Still didn't even upload the full size one. It's late here m8.

letterboxd.com/synt/

what's new with you?

damn ur a cool ass nigga

i finally realized why that one guy thinks PUBLIC ENEMIES is a masterpiece

that's pretty new

>mann
>masterpiece film
kek

why does he? genuinely curious.

heathen

i would get into this if i weren't posting from my phone

its a perfect study of transience + flux (similar to MIAMI VICE) plus American culture's unhealthy obsession w/ celebrity and violence (similar to ALI). also has elements of HEAT in how it portrays professional vs. personal life. maybe the best synthesis of Mann's ideas. i dunno, i'll sleep on it.

I can't tell anymore if these slam dunk attempts at purple prose quick reviews are genuine or ten levels of irony, fucking va memers.

kiarostami died because he saw your profile and got cancer

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

do you know what the phrase 'purple prose' means? sure doesn't seem like it.

:(

:-D:D:D:D

ebin spurdö spärde :DDD

time to sleep beefdude, it's late

luckily i don't have anywhere to be until 5

What's your favorite youtube clip that you logged as watched on lbg?

Mine is requiem for a big guy xD

enjoy being on the WRONG side of vulgar auteurist HISTORY, you cinebro manbabies

serious question: why do people pretend that Mann's best film is anything but Heat? And how come the alternative contrarian answer is never Last of the Mohicans?

Heat is shit, Miami Vice is far better

Last of the Mohicans is actually my "favorite" Mann, although admittedly I haven't seen much of his work

How does lozjupleb have that many followers even thou he has only one list, doesnt write any reviews and has extremely shitty taste

Well how many people is he following?

He's one of the nicest poster of /lbg/

Who else are nice posters?

team fortress 2: alice meets sniper

link_gorro

Smoothhands

James Healey

aeltbx

kg invite pls

Aren't they closed?

pretty sure they're open or were open like 4-5 days ago

post yfw letterboxd is saved letterboxd.com/jrosenbaum2002/

great he is now sjw too
blocked

He has always been what can be deemed a sjw. But I can say it's a rare case when, even if despising people with such characteristics, he is/was a very often articulate, interesting critic and cinema thinker.
That isn't the case with most sjws in the madhouse of this decade.

sent ;)

Cinemos BTFO.

On that note, tumblr fags > autists. RYM crowd is god awful.

he's a fat neckbeard faggot with reddit tier taste

>reddit tier taste
>tfw only betamax rips of Russian village dramas are kino

coon

hehhhehe

All cucks.

poon*

Arguably the most important film innovator in the history of the medium, George Lucas continually "pushed the envelope" of filmmaking technology

me, letterboxd.com/machill54/

in my opinion

RIP Cory

f

f

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
Groovy.

ED2 is the fucking shit man, great film.

Me

letterboxd.com/rorscach00/

I don't understand posters who have ratings scaled like that
Why do you watch so many mediocre movies?

is this a he or she???? letterboxd.com/maximeproulx/

A he pretending to be a she

it's a xhe you fucking bigoted Sup Forumstard

It's a mentally ill person inch away from imploding into a suicide.

its not that i watch mediocre movies, it's that i watch many movies
So far it's 1700 of them, and honestly i only have 2 perfect 10's in my mind.
Most movies just tend to fall on the 5-6/10 category

>not using a positive rating scale.

Fair enough, but I still feel like my point still stands. Why keep watching movies if so many are mediocre?

If you were a training classical musician, would you spend 50 hours a week listening to pop music or just 20 hours a week listening to good music?
I watch less movies regularly than most people like you but I spend my movie watching time pursuing quality movies

(You)
Also, I honestly only give a bonus half star if i enjoy the movie, if the director is using crap lenses, the lightning feels unnatural as shit and there's bad(or any, really) CGI and the movie is on a budget above 5 million, that is absolutely unacceptable and it immidiately loses 1-2 stars depending

main thing is, I feel, that I just like watching movies, if they're good I appreciate them and rewatch them, if they're bad then it's probably a lesson on what I could've done better if I were the editor or the cinematographer etc

>my feel when I don't rate any more and I just spend my time having fun and enjoying movies

best way

all of your favorites had a budget of more than 5 million

for you

meant for

>more half stars than 5 stars

ughh normally i avoid this shit but your post triggered my autism. perhaps we have different sensibilities and don't feel like plastering high ratings to everything? it's as if you think we hate cinema. we dont. well, i dont. it's the same for music, games, books. that's how i rate. they don't even need to be enjoyable for them be worth it. i can find value in seeing a piece of shit. not no mention, dont know about that guy but i prefer to call a 5 an alright film rather than a mediocre one.

>my feel when I do rate AND I spend my time having fun and enjoying movies

feels good not to be an autist

PRETTY GOOD :)

>don't feel like plastering high ratings to everything?
no, what I'm saying is skip the 3 star movies and only try to watch 4 or 5 star movies

most films are less than good, the only way your rating scale could come out looking positive is if you haven't seen enough films or if you're easily impressed (aka you have no taste)

what's a good movie to cheer me up?

If you're doing this thing of filmwatching minimally serious this is a nonsense 'strategy'

GFOS

oslo 31 august
melancholia
blue valentine

i am enjoying this method to :)

Literally R*ddit

>is if you haven't seen enough films
fair enough, I know this applies to me
how is it nonsense? why should I split my time between great movies and good/mediocre/shit movies? I have hundreds of great movies yet to watch, if not thousands

theres no way there is thousands of great movies no fucking way unless you r super easily impressed turbo pleb

>trying to look patrician: the post

ive found this means absolutely 0 to me. ive gone to films which had everything in them for me to love them, but i thought were shit. ive gone to films which all critics acclaim, but i thought were shit. ive gone to films which were these two combined, and they were still shit.
>fair enough, I know this applies to me
how many have you seen because i felt like you when i was at around 700~ i guess. at about 900 i changed my scale and im much more comfortable with it now.

There are easily thousands of movies that are good and fun to watch