Whenever a North Korean leader dies, millions of North Koreans feign grief

Whenever a North Korean leader dies, millions of North Koreans feign grief.
Fucking lowlife, talentless, greasy looking singer of a buttrock band dies, and millions of Ameritards GENUINELY grieve.
This country is so fucked...

Low quality bait

Not really. That's my honest opinion of him. And his shitty music. And so many people mourning him.

I don't even know who that is, but he looks like this guy from Hercules series.
You know, where they tried to make a guy look smart because of muscles

You must be new to music.

See.. this guy is from an era in which people loved music regardless of the size of the singer's ass. A time when a song getting stuck in your head was a good thing.

People like this guy wrote songs to express their thoughts and feelings. The ones that matter, not those related to "eating a lolly pop" or comparing people to "fireworks".

It's ok if you don't get it. You're most likely a fag

Thanks for sharing your opinion, user.

Don't talk shit about Kevin Sorbo!
(you can talk shit about the series though, it had potential but instantly went down the cheez & campy route)

Well put OP

You know that they're brainwashed right? The North Koreans? Or did you not pass world history and also forgot that the US's people have a choice in who they can like and grieve over without being sent to camps?

Sage, b8 thread

There is some truth to this

Happens anytime anybody dies in the America. Suddenly they're the epitome of life and are God status and are worshipped

>A time when a song getting stuck in your head was a good thing.
No, Having buttrock soundgarden "black hole sun" stuck in my fucking head is not a good thing. Shit music. Shit lyrics. Shit sound. Shit singing by someone who sounds and looks like they should be running a tattoo parlor in a shitty strip mall next to an Asian massage.

This guy was from a time you needed some fucking TALENT to make it in the music industry instead of regurgitating the same mindless shit over and over. In many ways, the music he and his peers created were representative of the frustration of people born of punks and hippies, people who wanted to see change in the world that never really happened. as a result, you had a generation of frustrated, aimless youth struggling desperately to find a place in society. the kind of people who made this website something worth giving a fuck about and built the original community around it. People mourn the loss of musicians like this guy because we grew up connecting to ourselves and others through his music.
But who the fuck cares, this is Sup Forums and popular music hasn't been worth giving a fuck about for almost 2 decades now. go listen to your ear candy OP, and go fuck yourself you mindless faggot.

you do u hate goys so much u dirty jew?

You completely missed the point I made.
North Koreans feign mourning of a dead leader. Even they don't buy into their own propaganda. There is no remorse.
But Americans...omfg. Some hack sleezeball of a singer croaks and suddenly it's GENUINE DISTRAUTNESS OMG!
So, really, who is fucking dumber?

>go listen to your ear candy OP
It happens to be Thousand Foot Krutch presently, Linkin Park before that, and Assemblage 23 before that.
I'm sure you're unfamiliar with all three. Please continue rehashing grunge and glorifying it in all its forms as something more than it actually was: shit music from angsty depressed faggots who didn't want to work. Go Bernie.

Well said, my friend

Cool opinion, bro.

Literally who?

Did Kim Jong die?

Looks like some spic?

Haven't met a single mourning person, what's the deal?

He has one of the largest vocal ranges around. Clearly you know shit about music

No, you missed the point I made. North Koreans don't feign being distraught when their leader dies, they are brainwashed from birth to believe their leader is sent by god. Most of the people who mourn rock artists mourn the fact that someone unique in the music industry died. Whether or not he was a hack doesn't matter, what does matter is the people that believed in him lost an idol that they chose.

Glorious Leader Kim Jong-un is immortal! And will never die! And listens to better music than shitty soundgarden.

yeah and when we roll over a toddler we dont drive in reverse to finish the job
anything else you wanna share about the superior asian way of life?

Wahhh, it's not Pearl Jam, fake grunge, waaah

All those bands are angsty though

Maybe if you killed yourself, your mom would actually give a shit about you user.

Most people in the US are feigning it as a sort of attention seeking behavior. Other people are just sad because he was a small part of their lives. I would not say that very many people are grieving over his death.

never heard of linkin park. i must be numb. in the end what ive done is just one step closer to checking them out.

Faggot. Kys

>I'm sure you're unfamiliar with all three

yeah those are all pretty obscure, you sure showed us how cultured you are

>North Koreans don't feign being distraught when their leader dies
Your understanding of North Korea is way the fuck off. When you see footage of them mourning the death of Kim Jong-il, 50% of them are faking it, and 50% of them are _genuinely_ distraught not at his death, but at the thought of their entire family being sent to political prison if they don't make a good enough show of grief.
Seriously. Stop listening to regurgitated stoner music and watch a 30 minute documentary or two.

you got it all wrong brosef
he's a satanist
his job is to corrupt the youth
that's why the youth love him
simple really
his sad death was preordained when he chose that path in life

Thousand Foot Krutch >> I was wondering whatever happened to Fallout Boy.

Hmm, an intelligent argument.
You could be correct. It's certainly blown up over social media to where one can't take two clicks without reading posts and status updates about it.

Actually almost every north korean under 65 years old worships their leader and considers their well-being to be linked to his. The majority of them are sincerely grieving.

Well to be honest, most music is angsty depending upon your point of view. Mozart was angsty. So you're correct there, I'll give you that.

>GENUINELY
Nah, they pretend to just like the NKs, only for different reasons.

>People like this guy wrote songs to express their thoughts and feelings of depression, worthlessness and being drawn to all things dark and edgy. But only in a very cheap, fake and commercial way for good millenial consumers drone lives.
FTFY
take a hike faggot
just relieve the planet of your useless ass who's so drawn to the pit of despair that you call that art, do the rest of us a favor
thanks
a concerned flat erf owner

>yeah those are all pretty obscure, you sure showed us how cultured you are
I'm not, and I wasn't. Someone inferred I listen to..I dunno..Kanye or Gaga or something. I don't.

>Talentless

Lol

again

i bet it was a nice time but it's no longer the case. music is just there to fill out space in movies or boost the sales of a product. Frankly this is what music has always been, just a fun little way to manipulate peoples emotions. No harm in its capitalization.

Who?

*sighs*
No, they don't. When the soldiers aren't around, a lot of that disappears. They're crying in the streets for their departed leader because of the soldiers...

singer of creed. some marble-mouthed sludge alternative band from the 90s

You have heard of Audioslave, right?

He isn't just known from Soundgarden, bucko.

Found a pic of OP

OP here, your trips have been witOH SHIT EVIL TRIPS!!

>You have heard of Audioslave, right?
No.

you keep saying buttrock...
clearly, you don't know what buttrock is.
summer start early this year?

Then you're spouting shit that you know very little about.

Do some research, bucko.

Edgy OP North Korean citizen confirmed?

>It happens to be Thousand Foot Krutch presently, Linkin Park before that, and Assemblage 23

holy.

fucking.

shit.

Would definitely have preferred Grohl to have bit it.

>Frankly this is what music has always been

untrue

thanks, but seriously all art is just a means to implant an emotion in a person. Art for the sake of art is the most masturbatory thing mankind has ever indulged in. if you create something, it should exist to serve a purpose or solve a problem. entertainment a distraction from purpose, so whenever i hear artfags wringing their hands about how music or art has "sold out" to capitalism i cant help but laugh a bit. It hasn't sold out, its finally gained purpose

Saw Soundgarden at a festival and they were terrible

Everyone left to go see Kanye perform

Same here tbh, ever foo fighters song sounds the same and at least he wouldn't continue to market the same albums in new packages and "different" lyrics like he is doing

>art is just a means to implant an emotion in a person
untrue again

*entertainment IS a distraction from purpose

fml

>A popular term referring to a sub-genre of hard rock strongly influenced by post-grunge and nu metal. Originating in the mid-late 90s, butt rock is comprised of raspy vocals, similar to Pearl Jam, Creed, or Nirvana, backed with radio-friendly guitar riffs, drum beats, and basic bass lines.
Hmm, sounds...pretty accurate to me, Inigo.

Jesus Christ, man. I sincerely hope that you are trolling, because that post just made this a cringe thread.

just saying its untrue doesn't make it so. art doesn't cure cancer or end wars. art doesnt get us better gas mileage. art doesnt fight crime. a song hasn't conquered a nation and the only way a poem puts bread on the table is if it's sold to someone who thinks they can do something useful with it. Don't believe me? ask iggy pop why he sold lust for life to the Royal Caribbean cruise company.

Prove it.

i don't know where you got your information from, but that shit is totally wrong, also, soundgarden was grunge, not 'influenced by post grunge or numetal'...

You first.

Salty as fuck m8

>lead actor looking like a doll
>why did the series turn to shit oh why?
are you listening to yourself

Confirmed bait

They were grungy alright.

Actually kill yourself

it doesn't matter what anyone says--the truth is indifferent to you or i. those previous posts were totally inaccurate and completely off. by far.

Okay, Google "mourning north koreans"

Your turn.

show me proof.

Damn bro you must know everything about North Korea with answers like that

fuck your proof, this isn't a policy debate. i give zero shits what you think, you're just another dumbfuck tryhard edgelord on Sup Forums. there's so much shit wrong in your posts about 'art' and 'music' and 'purpose'. i'm not going to waste any more time on you. not an 'artfag' either, i just despise stupidity, especially when idiots like you have such a hardon to put it on display.

well...

....someones mad

hey, hey what if all my posts were just made as a piece of performance art in order to evoke a feeling of hostility and anger from you? can't make fun of me for it then because that makes me an artist! im just expressing myself creatively and the message was clearly communicated, lol

>Linkin Park
>Shit music for angsty depressed faggots
hehe okay OP

S-s-s-sound-ound garden is the best ev-ev-evur and c-c-c-chrisssss cornell spoke t-to us ab-b-b-bout h-how we felt and n-now he's g-gone and i'm g-g-gonna PLAY WITH MY FFFFFIDJIT SPINNUR!!

ITT

lol right? what a joke

mans got a point one of your original 4
>Nirvana
>Pearl Jam
>Soundgarden
>Alice in Chains

My garden is so sound and well kempt...oh goodness what be this!
THERE IS BUTTROCK IN MY SOUND GARDEN!

Dare I throw Temple of the Dog in here

Son! Hurry! Get the back hoe so that we may extract the offending buttrock! BACK HOE SUN! BACK HOE SUN!

You're just jealous that no-one will mourn you when you're found with an orange in your mouth and your mom's tights on.

BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN BLACK HOLE SUN

BLACK HOE WHAT?