What is Sup Forums's honest opinion on Grimes?

What is Sup Forums's honest opinion on Grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like her but I hate her fans on here.

Halfaxa > Geidi Primes > Visions > shit > Art Angels

Great music. Some weird fans (myself included) but such a thing is inevitable with stuff like this.

this, her fanbase here is cancer

her music is genuinely amazing and she's a lovevly artist. all her albums are great.

The cancerous posting on here originally put me off, but Visions is actually a pretty decent album

ugly talentless leftist retard

like all leftists really

Grimes is good, the haters are cancer.

>a pretty decent album
i thought the same until i listened to it a few more times. it graduated to the album of the decade. i shit you not.

passable music but the one (1) guy making threads about her everyday (aka the OP of this thread) makes me dislike her
dog ugly as well

not the op, but no one cares if you dislike her

>no one cares
obviously the OP does, given that he asked for thoughts on her.

you got this backwards, art angels is the best thing she's ever done by far

I know this question probably comes up a bit, but why is Grimes extolled so much more than before? Is this just how to have fun in the sun now

geidi primes > (power gap) > halfaxa > art angls > visions

good

Can't listen to her for too long, kind of grates the ears after a while. A bit too safe in some senses,but has released some monster stuff like realiti and oblivion.

I usually prefer Bjork.

>shitty synthpop better than two actually good experimental pop albums

I usually prefer Bjork
good taste

>but why is Grimes extolled so much more than before
people realized that she's really, really good. her backstory is also solid (from zero to hero). some things require a bit of time to be appreciated. the velvet underground weren't massively acclaimed while they were active. the real praise came later.

now, if grimey makes another great album, imagine the future praise... it's a snowball effect.

Hehe nice one man *tips fedora*

>kind of grates the ears after a while
>I usually prefer Bjork
surprising. bjork is way more grating with her screechy voice.

>>shitty synthpop
stop. you're biased against synthpop. you hate this genre, hence your opinion is not relevant.

>Grimes fan says another artist has a screechy voice
perfect

she's shit

I don't hate the genre, I just hate when it's done badly (like in the case of Art Angels)

i still love her

>done badly
seriously? that's one of the best synthpop ever.

>like in the case of Art Angels
you included visions too. sorry but your taste in synthpop music must suck if you hate these 2 albums.

could you even name exactly what is wrong with visions and art angels?

>could you even name exactly what is wrong with visions and art angels?

not him, but the songs all feel half-finished or not fully realized. It all just sounds amateurish in the worst way possible.

dude, grimes has a pleasant voice: youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

compare that with the nails on a chalkboard voice of your precious bjork: youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U

respect for handling that annoying voice.

She's good but nowhere near artist of the decade status like a few of her fans her say. Has some annoying fans on here which i mainly ignore

>cherry picking

>not him, but the songs all feel half-finished or not fully realized. It all just sounds amateurish in the worst way possible.
surprising opinion. these songs are chock full of hooks and little details. there's not even one second wasted.

tried getting into her - I just don't like it. Oblivion is a good song. I thought her first album was the best overall out of all of them.

>you included visions too
no, I was replying to an user who said that Art Angels is her best work by far

>one of the best synthpop ever
in your opinion

>could you name exactly what is wrong with visions and art angels?
I don't like how it sounds compared to the other albums. Visions is fine. I also don't like the direction she went in (more instruments and more accessible). I also dislike her voice way more compared to her other albums, it just grates on me a lot more. Also .

>posts a grime song with a screechy, grating voice
>posts a bjork song without one
I see nothing wrong here.

>She's good but nowhere near artist of the decade status
do you realize that every user has their own artist of the decade? because music taste is subjective.

I dont really get the waifufaggery around her
she looks like fucking Beethoven

i wish any of them cared about us. they just don't

>tried getting into her - I just don't like it.
...yet. give her music more listens and you'll see the light. many of her fans could confirm that. one day it clicks...

why do you post this thread every day? why is it so important for you to know what this board thinks about her on a daily basis? if you like her, then cool. you do you. but shut the fuck up about it already.

Lol i just know the Bjork vid was going to be Pluto, Probably her harshest sounding song. She has plenty of slower songs where her voice is calmer/ more pleasant

Uh, yeah. Just saying i don't thing she's as great as some people here say

coincidence that beethoven wrote fur elise (for elise)? maybe claire elise boucher is the new beethoven?

>why is Grimes extolled so much more than before?
why are autism rates going up?

Grimes wouldn't be half as popular if she wasn't a cute female. People love her image and can't separate it from her music, which is painfully mediocre.

>Uh, yeah. Just saying i don't thing she's as great as some people here say
whatever floats your boat

they're probably tied together

you might aswell use a fucking trip, can spot your autistic ass in every thread anyway

yeah that was my point. nice quads

please do this so i can filter you.

loss

>which is painfully mediocre.
just your lame opinion. dude, people are listening to music with their ears, not their eyes. she's a musician not an actress; her music is way more important than her looks. there are millions of cute female artists in this world, why mu/ don't make daily threads about them? why?

thanks, I thought you were making fun of the original user or something.

no. deal with my posts or simply gtfo. this thread is not for you.

>just your lame opinion, dude
how lame his opinion is is just your lame opinion, dude

I think someone should hit her with a hammer

her voice is obnoxious, her speech impediment makes it even worse, her "layered and complex" instrumentation falls flat because it's painfully generic and very boring

the only remotely decent songs are the ones that contain features

just your lame opinion, dude

They're not
Misdiagnoses is.

i agree wholeheartedly

compassionate and loyal friend, probably

>bragging about being this turbopleb

whatever makes you feel like a regular, functioning member of society user.

>"turbopleb"
>expecting to be taken seriously

>admitting being turbopleb

tell us more about yourself grimesposter, how's life ?

>"expecting to be taken seriously"

by extension, what does a normal weekday in your life consist of?

My opinion is that I've seen her here for 5 years and I still don't know or care who she is.

this

aren't you even remotely curious about her music?

i cared when art angels happened. been here ever since