Implying this isn't kino

>Implying this isn't kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mtcnt_VkvGU
youtube.com/watch?v=7whegFR6Lz0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dune convinced me Lynch is not that good of a director. Studioshit be damned he didn't get one thing about Dune

That's not really Lynch as much as Dune simply being unfilmable in movie format and all that entails. Series really would be the best approach to take.

Already been 2 series though.

Give it to the old Sopranos showrunning crew of Chase, Weiner and Winter, and then watch the money rain. 4 seasons, 40 episodes, five books.

honestly first book could work as two movies

yeah and they were actually solid, but hampered by low budget.

>Tleilaxu flesh vat reveal
>all those sjw and nu-males up in arms over sexism
>series gets canceled or worse, becomes PC

Racism aside... Lady Jess was super hot!

The set pieces were pimpin.

>implying the whole show wouldn't be about a badass transfemale bene gesserit ninja person of color

I consider myself a bit of a libtard, but the Tleiaxu were one of my favorite parts of dune. Am I doing it wrong?

I'm unfamiliar with what a liberal, republican etc is so I can't say.

All I know is they were asshats, but were also some of Leto's most loyal followers and they did achieve amazing things.

Tleilaxu secret is never revealed, though. At least until the prequels felt the need to do it because reasons. Tleilaxu being mysterious motherfuckers was what they were.

Chani > Jessica > Harah

>hampered by low budget

I remember seeing some concept fan art, really interesting shit

>harkonnen troops are chemical-dependent barely alive monstermen with sickly features
>sardaukars look like briareiros from Appleseed without the rabbit ears
>Atreides troops are a mesh of the 2

Too bad he got the colours wrong(Atreides red and green, Harkonnen blue).

Point is a good director and producer could visually experiment with Dune because it does offer a shitload of possibilities.

even at the time people bitched about "pretty white people" casting, but holy fuck was it an amazing cast.

I could've sworn it was revealed in one of the latter books that Brian and Kevin had to finish off, Chapterhouse Dune I think it is.

I've just always had a thing with transhumanism, loved Mentats and the like. But the Tleiaxu were fantastic, pushing the boundries of humanity, trying to become perfection work on fucked up ways of ressurection and past life memories without the BG's spice reliance. They were great.

It is. Tleilaxu use their females as literal baby making machines.

Get lost, Dune is shit. Not even David Lynch defends it.

GOd he was so sexy.

Really interesting cunts and the only good thing about the shitty prequels his son wrote. They were effectively slavers doing human experiments at 1st.

Their religion is endlessly fascinating and their isolationism makes them otherwordly.

Pretty cool man.
Their methods are definitely dark but the results are for the most part, brilliant.

Tleilaxu were always terrifying because they're basically religious zealots living in a theocracy who adopted biotechnologies to the extreme. And they could also make kickass metal eyes so they were scientists as well, apparently. They're also universally despised but everyone wants what they're peddling.

I respect your opinion but Jess is more my age, works for me. Let me fix that chart for you

Gurney >>>> Jessica > Chani > Harah

The created their own Kwisatz Haderach before the Bene Gesserit. Scytale mentions it in the first chapter of Messiah I think.

I wish long-haired rebel gurney was how he appeared full-time. Would've fit the books description so much better but still Patrick did an amazing job in the role.
IMHO Duncan was the worst character in the film simply because he got killed off so fast.

CoD MiniSeries Ghanima stole my heart.

I've read everything, and DUncan has been and will always be the worst character. Everything about him is so bland.

Jessica Brooks was 20 at the time. Absolutely perfect

Duncan is interesting only in the 2 books he's not quite himself in: CoD and especially Messiah. Other than that he's literally the white knight character and that doesn't really work in a universe like Dune

Agreed.

Problem with Duncan is he's always off-screen making Atreides look good for the Fremen. Until, well, shit escalates.

Alia a qt

If you can get past the whole "I'm a cheating whore and abomination" part.

I always pictured Banderas in that role. Maybe Pedro Pascal nowadays.

My issue with him has always been his perfection. He's also fairly lacking in personality. He made a rather good supporting character, but as the books started to focus on him... he just became the suck.

>Maybe Pedro Pascal nowadays.
I could totally see him in this role and support it 100%.

Now who would you cast as Stilgar?

>play Alia as a child
>grow up and look like Jessica

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Alexander Siddig

Nice.
I always found it sad how Alia becomes.
Her relationship with Paul came across as very real until she went batshit.

2 for 2 user. I like your tastes

works for me, looks starved and dehydrated. Also charismatic as fuck.

no, you're allowed to like things in a fantasy world without actually supporting them in reality

that said the Tleilaxu in books 1-4 are god-tier, especially with the little hints Scytale drops about how alien their whole line of thinking is throughout Messiah. In books 5 and 6 they're ruined by being turned into yet another group of religious maniacs and behave basically like Saturday morning cartoon villains in how retarded their plans are
I'll take my amoral borderline ant-colony society over literal space Muslims any day

Ray Winstone as Gurney Halleck. Could switch him with Brendan Gleeson

I can see it

Well played sir!

Jessica Atreides

Duncan's there to be the fish-out-of-water character that guides the audience through the story. That's why pretty much each book starts with a new Duncan ghola that needs everything explained to him.

Works well in God Emperor because of how violently he rejects Leto's crazy social engineering all around him, but in all of the other books it's pretty pointless. Especially in 5 and 6 when the BG really have no reason to be still ordering Duncans thousands of years after Leto

Vladimir Harkonnen

I'll counter with Sam Elliot, but, always have a soft spot for him playing bad asses with a bit of well a soft spot.

Sam Elliott could be Piter de Vries too. He just has that off look. Shit, he could even be a great Thufir.

Pic related, Feyd-Rautha

>In books 5 and 6 they're ruined by being turned into yet another group of religious maniacs and behave basically like Saturday morning cartoon villains in how retarded their plans are

It kinda makes sense because everything and everyone becomes extreme towards the end because story reasons.

Bijaz

Okay were all talking about easy casting? I want to see who you guys would like to see play COUNT VLADIMIR HARKONNEN

Duke Leto

See

Ez-pz

MAUDIB MAUDIB MAUDIB

>first chapter with Tylwyth Waff he spends a paragraph talking about how he doesn't trust the Bene Gesserit because they use religion to manipulate others when they don't themselves believe
>second chapter he pledges total allegiance with them just because a Reverend Mother knew the right words to some ancient saying
absolutely retarded

also
>Tleilaxu have finally perfected a new breed of Face Dancers
>have already infiltrated most power structures in the galaxy
>didn't realise that Face Dancers absorbing their victim's memories would make them believe that they are that person and stop following the Masters' orders
seriously guys, you've been working on these Face Dancers for literally a thousand years, just slow your plans down a bit and take them out for a test run. I mean you're effectively immortal, even 20 more years of observing them isn't going to be a problem.

DR HARKONNEN. I AM SPICE

>just because a Reverend Mother knew the right words to some ancient saying

Was that before or after she broke his arms? Man, Frank went full retard for books 5-6

PAUL?

This is why I prefer to watch the mini series. So much better and you get three 80 minute episodes that better adapt the 500 page book.

>tfw no Jodorowsky's Dune

Alex Newman was THE Muad'dib.

Did anyone else want to fuck Chani?

Yeah but not as good as Lynch's.
Ya know she was in Ace Ventura and Blade Runner?

>Czech qt

Used to fuck a girl remarkably similar looking. There's a lot of chicks who look like this in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, etc

Jodo's Dune was a most profound rape of the source material
>speeritual warriors

before
Herbert's wife died after he finished God Emperor and you can really feel that his heart isn't in it anymore. Plus that book did conclude with Leto basically saving mankind, so it's hard to really care about the stakes in Heretics, especially since it's all brand new characters you have no connection with.
What bothered me the most though is that the BG have gone from being enigmatic, manipulative, and ruthless to basically a Mary Sue perfect society. It was especially bad in Chapterhouse when Darwi spends a chapter describing their perfect democracy to that Honored Matre leader

That would have been the most massively insane clusterfuck in the history of anything, literally Hindenburg-tier. I would have loved it.

no shit she was absolute gorgeous

The philosophizing got worse and worse as the series went on and so did the powers. Miles Teg becomes The Flash in literally the first 100 pages of Heretics.

>bene gesserit mary sue
Shit, I hated that so much. I loved how intriguing and at least partly human Gaius Helen Mohiam was in Dune, how protective she was of her daughter.

And just how good a character Chenoeh is in God-Emperor. Shit, they had better BG characters in the prequels. That Darwi Odrade bullshit was fucking horrendous.

I loved their take on Irulan. Instead of the scheming beauty they had in the books and with Virginia Madsen, they cast a doe-like fragile Julie Cox that begs you to protect her just by the way she's looking at you.

He was even better in Children.

>that voice of his in the "Take water" speech

Holy shit

Irulan a qt

I'm just glad she actually had more presence in the show because, let's be honest, all she really does in the books is be Paul's official wife for political expedience at the time.

the whole Miles Teg thing was also a disaster, thanks for reminding me about that
between the perfect BG, Miles Teg becoming a mentat invincible warrior, and Scytale planning on making gholas out of every single fucking character in the last 5 books, I find it hard to believe that anything Herbert had in mind was going to salvage that story

>tfw you can't watch Kyle MachLachlan in anything else anymore because of his character in Sex and the City

Entire Children of Dune mini-series feels a lot tighter and better as a result. Experience from making the original really was put to good use.

Also, that goddamn soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=mtcnt_VkvGU

I prefer madsens take.

Well she's pining for status and scheming in Messiah, then she becomes the mother figure the 2 twins needed but acted like they didn't. It's a story of corruption and redemption in the end with her.

But yes, she had more going on in the miniseries where she's clearly affectionate with Paul to the point that Chani feels threatened

was paul the most complex character in the series or what? also, I love the fact he ultimately becomes a resigned broken coward unable to go on and leaves it all to his children.

>Making Raban some obese bumbling goof instead of the fit muscular ambitious nephew in the books

This just showed the lack of character development in the movie. I suppose it could be a good movie on its own, but it was pretty poor at carrying the book.

Raban was turning fat, just like Vladimir. He just wasn't there yet. He wasn't bumbling though, he's literally called The Beast for his violent and cunning nature.

>muad'dib's Jihad scene
>it' ain't inama nushif starts playin'
youtube.com/watch?v=7whegFR6Lz0

The baron got an std though. What was rabbans excuse?

Except in the movie he wasn't cunning at all, he was a giant dumb ass.

Prequels also go into how Raban hated his father Abulard, who was probably the only decent Harkonnen alive, and saw him as weak while looking up to his uncle Vladimir.

>std

...what? I thought Herbert made it clear it was a family disease, to the point that the Baron had to delve in gluttony so as to keep the facade.

Wait, I remember something in the prequels. Oh God, explain, I know it's gonna be stupid and it's gonna hurt, but explain